December 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 8/6-8/10

What is going on this first full week of August?

Re: Weekly Randoms 8/6-8/10

• Loading the player...
  • Light week! Tomorrow I drop the dogs off at the cleaners, so it'll be nice having fresh pups. They've been shedding SO MUCH, and I know they'll feel better after a good bath and brush. Other than that I'll continue sorting, donating, and trying to make things fit nicely in our little house. Oh, and send off everything TX needs to register my car so I can be 100 percent legal - right now I'm in that weird new-car grace period while I get everything sorted.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @clbnessy dog got groomed this weekend so I’ll participate in the thread, plus it will give me an excuse to take her picture. Since kids I never take her photo anymore :(
  • ActivebabyActivebaby member
    edited August 2018
    I just calculated the costs of having 3 littles in daycare at once. I’m dying a little inside. It’s way more than my salary. We will only overlap with 3 full time for 6-7 months. Then we will have 2 full time and one after school. Still pretty much my salary to have 2 in daycare...why must it be so hard???
    i have savings for the overlap, but that’s also my savings for any “emergency need.”
  • @Hkom that's the cutest thing everrrrrrrrr.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @Activebaby would you ever quit and stay home? I say this as I fantasize about being a SAHM but cannot lol
  • Any car seat insights? I am pretty sure I want the Nuna PIPA Lite LX because it is so lightweight and as we’ve established - I ain’t that big, ha!! Is $300 expensive for the car seat, base, inserts and everything? Btw- researching car seats makes my head explode. 
  • Any car seat insights? I am pretty sure I want the Nuna PIPA Lite LX because it is so lightweight and as we’ve established - I ain’t that big, ha!! Is $300 expensive for the car seat, base, inserts and everything? Btw- researching car seats makes my head explode. 
    $300 is a decent price for a car seat and base.
    I am upgrading mine now. I had a graco classic clickconnect 22 but it's not the best fit for infants and I'm looking for something a little smaller. I am going with the chicco keyfit since it's one of the smallest on the market in Canada and it's $329.
    And honestly - paying a little more to have something small and lightweight it 110% worth it!! 
  • So jealous of all you ladies with light work loads. We’re basically down staffing by 2/3 in my area, my schedule is packed, and now this week I’m covering for my boss too. I’ll be living vicariously through those of you who are more at leisure.  

Finally got lunch at 2 today. This hungry preggers lady was ready at 11. Feeeeeeed me!
  • I was Gen Con-ing Thursday–yesterday and I. am. beat. My calendar was clear today so I stayed home and have been hiding in bed all day.  B) 
  • FYI...April boards are up! :smile:
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @hoosiermama-2 I had to google what gen con was.  #feelingoldaf
  • @LLynde5 Hahaha, you shouldn't! If anything, you should feel cool/NOT nerdy.  :p
  • Wow, I can't imagine 3 kids in daycare, I'm struggling to wrap my head around the idea of affording 1! 

Busy week at work for me, which is fine. If I'm bored at work I'll just be thinking about all the things I should be doing at home. It's hot as ball though, so walking all over campus for my meetings is less enjoyable. 
  • @hoosiermama-2 How was Gen Con? I'm thinking we'll go next year.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Well I am just super busy all the way until like January.!
    I have two sons (3 & 5). I work full time. My husband has different days off than me. We have sports practices on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and games on Saturdays. Plus I volunteered to be Team Mom since no one else would. My youngest's preschool starts on Thursday (open house on Wednesday DURING THE DAY. so I have to race there on my lunch break). I have doctor's appointments every four weeks which feels like too many to me. My oldest starts Kindergarten in 2 weeks. We are in Escrow right now on a home in a different community so I'm in the process of signing my son up for that local school and their before and after school care. He will start going to the school before we actually even move into our new house. STRESSFUL! My 5 year old turns 6 in September so I need to start planning what we are going to do for his birthday. My birthday is 6 days after, but who cares about mom anyways, right? I am so busy at work. I work for a commercial construction company and we have so much work which is good but there aren't enough hours in the day! I need to go buy a new dining table set, new coffee table and end table, new outdoor patio seating whenever I find the time. Plus I have to set up a nursery and give birth to a baby pretty soon. 

Anyone else on the same page as me? Haha

Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited August 2018
    @binxybaby So good! This was my sixth year, and it still flies by every time. I did have to take DD on Thursday, and while other toddlers seem to do fine being stuck in their strollers, mine wasn't having it. So it was kind of a stressful day for me, but fun for her. The other three days were a blast. Friday was a 14-hour day :D I don't cosplay or do RPGs, and still have a full con sticking with just board games. 

If you're thinking about it, start researching and planning super duper early. The downtown hotels fill up very fa$t. 
    (ETA: I live in central Indiana so other than parking, I have no travel expenses.)
  • @asun123 pretty much sounds like me except I only have one DD, have extra appointments due to high risk, getting our house sale ready and add my husband still wanting throw our huge annual party, which I don’t even have a contract on the venue yet. *palm to face

But with all that, after this baby is here life is going to slow down.  I will be so relieved to be in our new house, I look forward to the threes class at preschool and god willing I am still able to keep the contract I have with my current job, I couldn’t be happier!!
  • @asun123 I hear you on the mom’s special day importance. Ds1’s bday is 2 days after our anniversary, so since he’s been born we don’t really celebrate (give each other cards, and go to dinner with the kids). My birthday is just before Halloween so we go to the pumpkin patch for my birthday ...every year. I want to go, but I wish it wasn’t my special birthday event. I sound ungrateful I know. 
    Ds1 does soccer at school but it’s more skills. I signed him up for real soccer (as real as 4 y/o soccer gets) in the fall. I volunteered to help be team parent, but I sure that just signed me up to be the team parent. I really don’t want to be the coach, but if that is what it’s takes to gets his team going I guess I could teach a 4 y/o how to kick a soccer ball???
  • @maureenmce
    I am 99% sure (and only saying 99% because I'm not a doctor, lol) that a shoulder massage is fine! I just started getting prenatal massages and the massage therapist just said "we will take it easy on you and just be careful around the ankles". I am fairly certain it's the ankle pressure that could "bring on early labor" but, let's face it, if it was that easy to induce someone, people wouldn't need drugs to do it...

• omnommeromnommer member
    edited August 2018
    @maureenmce Yes, I agree with @ab_canada. You'll be fine. I get weekly massage (yay history of headaches, neck tension and anxiety...and great health insurance!) and while we've adjusted things slightly, like being on my side these days, the pressure is pretty much the same in most places on my body. Just mention the pregnancy to them in case they want to do a little less pressure, but the ankles and wrists are the main points for "early labor" and then they don't want you laying on your belly or back at this point... which a shoulder massage wouldn't be doing either.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I get the vibe that I have to post here a lot to be a part of the community. It has been a little difficult for me to participate in the bump with moving and my work schedule plus my dumb phone for some reason won’t work in my house lately (I’ll have to try logging on through my computer) so please excuse my absence. 

But anyways just wondering if anyone is going to do a big sibling hospital bag for when they meet their sibling for the first time. If so, what are you putting in yours or recommend? My daughter is 7 I was thinking about putting some “emergency” supplies for the baby like a receiving blanket, pacifiers, maybe some lotion, a book or 2, and then a little gift for herself. 
  • @asun123 First of all - thank you for reminding me about my own kids practice tonight.  I just sat down to relax after taking the boys to Christopher Robin, doctor and then out for ice cream, I completely forgot it was Tuesday!  Secondly, I really am with you - this week feels light because I'm off work 3 of the 5 days, but we have practices Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  Once school starts I'll know when my younger kids practices are.  I don't really enjoy being this busy, but I guess the plus side, December will be here before I know it!  I do enjoy watching them play the sports, just not all of the running we have to do. 

@faith0222 When my twins were born we gave DS1 a big brother present from the twins.  He got it when he came to meet them - a set of legos. I haven't really thought if we will do that this time or not. 
  • @faith0222 I had each kid give each kid a gift when ds2 was born (ds1 was 2). At that age it really wasn’t important, but I was glad I got ds1 a gift (stickers, coloring book, toy car), because he was excited to play and get attention. This is not the age you are describing, so it’s probably not that helpful. I think I may do presents (for entertainment purposes) for ds1 and ds2, and maybe let the oldest pick out something for the baby. I hadn’t thought about it until your post. 
  • @faith0222 I definitely recognize your name, so no worries :) re:gifts, I had thought about having DS bring baby a build a bear, but beyond that I wasn't planning anything from baby to DS. This is my second though, so I haven't been through it before.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @faith0222 your name is definitely familiar. And lots of us get busy & can’t post all the time. I can’t speak for everyone else, but for me, this community isn’t about obligation and being one more thing we *have* to do in our already busy schedules. It’s about support — seeking it and giving it. 

Re: your question on sibling gifts/hospital bags — I was thinking of giving my 4 yo a “big sister present,” from us, not from baby, to mark the occasion of her becoming a big sister. But you’re right, I probably should also pack some fun entertaining stuff for the hospital visit — maybe some new coloring books, stickers, some new markers. I think she also might like to make a card or pick out a little present for baby. 
  • @faith0222 What others have said! I recognize your face from the occasional post :) You're definitely welcome around here, even if you can't check in as much as some of us crazies, hah.

I won't be packing my son anything, because I'm not planning on him visiting me in the hospital. RSV season + he's very young anyway, and won't really understand what's going on. I'll just introduce him to the baby when we bring her home. But obviously for a 7-year-old it would be different. Could you do a combination of fun things for her and some things she can use to help you care for the baby? (Like a comb, etc...I'm not exactly sure what 7-year-olds are capable of.) That said, I'll probably put together a basket of toys for him to be used only when I'm nursing the baby, so it will be his special thing. Hopefully he thinks that's fun.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018