February 2019 Moms

Weekly randoms 8/6 - 8/12

1235»

Re: Weekly randoms 8/6 - 8/12

• Don't worry once we get close to fall holidays it'll all pack on!  :D I gained like 10 pounds easily between thanksgiving and Christmas last pregnancy. Everyone wants to make sure you're eating enough and when you're that far into third tri it feels like there's never enough. Haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Our Rainbow Baby H arrived at 37 weeks on 12/20/16!
    Baby E arrived at 37 weeks on 01/31/15!
    Married my Marine 05.23.14

*TW*
    TWIN LOSS 7.2.15
    BFP 9.7.15 CP 
    BFP 12.31.15 MC 2.28.16
    BFP 10.14.17 CP
    BFP 3.10.18 D&C 4.13.18
  • @cmjenkies and @MaineMama this is my third too and also, by far, the worst! Is it just because we are older now, or are 3rd children just jerks?
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Loading the player...
  • I read this good, short article from The Atlantic that was published today about the high occurrence of doctors ignoring or dismissing women, especially in terms of reproductive and sexual health. Highly recommend it!
  • @hannahbananas11 my last OB did that to me. I had labored all night and was throwing up because of the pain, but since I wasn’t dialated he said it would be another 24 hrs and that I should labor at home. I told him I wasn’t leaving (we live an hour from that hospital) so he ordered me to be put on oxytocin. Fortunately the nurse assigned to me did recognize I was in a lot of pain and didn’t do that. Within an hour and a half my water broke on its own and I was fully dialated, and almost went into labor without an epidural. So yeah, listen to your body, and get a doctor that listens to you.
  • This is the first work HH (we have weekly HH at work with beer, wine, snacks etc) since I found out I am KU that I am kind of sad I can't partake. Pity party for one over here.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @kayjay44 you can partake in the snacks!

Weirdly enough I haven't missed alcohol at all so far. Ask me again during the holidays though. Also my birthday! No wine when I turn 30? Boo!
  • @grebretso - No snacks this week. I really only miss it at the end of the week - I don't really drink on weekdays to begin with. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Same, I used to have wine or beer almost every Friday/Saturday, which is why I'm surprised I don't miss it more. I guess I did miss it a little during my vacation, some meals just taste better with a nice glass of wine. 
  • @kayjay44 @grebretso I'm generally okay without wine but weekend before last my parents were over and we went to a local vineyard for lunch  and the wine was so good. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself
  • I drank on weekdays, week ends, noon on sundays sometimes! I totally miss it!!
  • I drank on weekdays, week ends, noon on sundays sometimes! I totally miss it!!
    Sameeee. Went out for tacos with some work friends tonight and they drank Coronas and I had to excuse myself to pull myself together I was so upset lol. I don’t enjoy feeling drunk, but I looovvveee the ritual of pouring a glass of wine after DS falls asleep. Or having a nice cold beer at the pool. 
  • @BourbonBiscuits Exactly! I love/miss the relaxed 1 1/2 drink feeling. 
  • Bring me all the wine lol im missing it so much ahah 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welp, I just bought all the maternity clothes I'll ever need. Leggings, tights, pants, camisoles, t-shirts, shirts, dresses. Asos is having a sale. Don't judge.  
  • I hear ya ladies. I liked to have a drink on days that ended in Y.  I just got home from a wedding. A Mexican wedding at that. Even kids parties have alcohol. :D Add GD. Can’t even have tortillas and cake. I did steal a sip out of H’s beer. 
  • edited August 2018
    I miss wine dearly, see username. Fridays, Saturdays, any days after our DD's bedtime. My H's and my date nights were usually dinner and hanging out at the local winery. I'm missing it like woah, and the long haul of pregnancy and then also monitoring my wine during nursing once this baby gets herelooks bleak as shit.
  • Oh wine, and margs... T minus 6 months
  • So I used to be an athlete and in incredible shape. Today, I went for a (slow) walk outside for a few miles for the first time in 7 weeks because I finally don’t feel super nauseous all the time, and right now I can barely move. So that’s my life right now...
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• @norweigan Ive vowed to start back with some type of activity starting at 14 weeks, tomorrow! Im terrified about how bad its going to feel!
  • Thanks for the comments re weight gain or lack off.  Mw appt next week so we will see what she says.  12 hour drive tomorrow then will be finally home
  • I want to jump DH’s bones...I am praying my MIL keeps DS over night so maybe me and DH can have a normal dinner and low key evening that leads to the bed sheet mambo haha 

and no we wouldn’t normally wait to do the deed until DS is out of the apt but we have been so exhausted and overworked and DS has been a bed time warrior so we just haven’t had a moment of peace 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The scale is up by 2 pounds woohoo!