July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 7/23 - 7/27

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/23 - 7/27

• Options
    And846And846 member
    @rachelsogo FX that that was the one and only! 
  • Options
    +1 for the bath being cute yet terrifying ! I love the wrapping part so I'm sorry it got ruined by the tick!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If anyone still having issues like me, TB works a lot better on my mobile browser than the app now. 
  • Options
    millpemillpe member
    @rachelsogo if you stayed calm after finding that tick you deserve a gold star. I would have panicked. At least you had just given a bath so you knew LO didnt have any attached! I am paranoid about mosquitos when I go outside... I haven't even thought about ticks!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Options
    Using my FIL's laptop to pop in and say hello! I miss you ladies...these first few weeks have been  very lonely and stressful without y'all. Mobile app doesn't work for me....it constantly crashes....anyone else have that issue?
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 love the name you picked! 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @acunamatada Big win for DH!! Well done!
  • Options
    Running on 4 spit up/ vomit on my chest in 24 hours. dH is behind, he needs to do something to tie this game this weekend, lol. 
    LO is a stubborn fella who doesn't wanna burp, plus he has a hard time dealing with my splash mountain boob...hence the major spit ups! 
  • Options
    Just went to the doctor. No further progress, so I am definitely being induced tomorrow. It is my second induction, so I know what to expect, but that almost freaks me out more. So anxious and so excited to meet baby boy. Has anyone been induced without an epidural? I had hell with my first epidural so kind of want to avoid one but pitocin is so tough! 
  • Options
    @limoncat I made it 16 hours on pitocon before I asked for the epi. But I was on a super high amount by the time I needed the epi. If my body had responded faster to a lower dose, I think I’d have managed to avoid the epi. For what it’s worth, I had a bad epi experience with my first, but this time was a lot better. Good luck on your induction! 
  • Options
    @zande2016 Thank you! With my first it went pretty quickly, but things got so intense so fast. My epidural did work, they just had hell placing it. I guess I will see how it goes. :)
  • Options
    @limoncat I went 18 hours without an epidural with my first before getting it. I only caved out of exhaustion and needing to get the relief to sleep a few hours because I was still only 3cm at that point. The pitocin contractions are tough but just do what you think is best for yourself! And don't feel bad if you need to make adjustments to your plan in the moment
  • Options
    @limoncat I was induced without an epidural but no pitocin was involved, just Cervadil was enough to throw me into labor. @zande2016 you give me hope making it 16 hours on pit without an epi...I'm worried if I actually manage to dilate this time but still need to be induced they'll skip all the ripeners and go straight to pit and it would be too intense for no epi. 
  • Options
    @SmashJam my midwives would have tried the Foley if I was 3 cm, but we did Cytotec since I was only 2. Definitely talk to them about wanting to avoid the pit and see if there’s otheir options to try to get things going. Maybe even breaking your water and seeing if that does anything.

• Options
    kmac103kmac103 member
    edited July 2018
    @limoncat I’ve been induced with both pregnancies and didn’t have an epi either time. First induction was just cervadil and lasted a total of 17 hours. Second induction was oral Cytotec and pitocin and lasted a total of about 12 hours. 

ETA: I wanted to avoid pitocin at all costs with both inductions because I was afraid of the contractions but they increased it so gradually that I was able to handle the level of contractions without a problem. Definitely talk to your doctor because if you can have your water broken instead of meds that usually gets things going! You got this, Hun!

Kylie M.

Baby #1 Born 12.16.2015

Baby #2 Due 7.13.2018

• Options
    zande2016zande2016 member
    edited July 2018
    So I had our babysitter come today for a few hours so I could try to take a nap, and hopefully go grocery shopping later and only bring the baby (we never made it this weekend and now we are getting desperately low on food). Well as soon as my toddler saw her, he knew what was happening and started having a meltdown. Poor kid. He only wants me, my H, or my mom to watch him, if it’s anyone else he gets major separation anxiety. Little does he know, she’s coming back tomorrow while I take baby to the pediatrician, and will likely come back a few hours every week until she goes back to college. But it was really heartbreaking when they left to take the dog for a walk and he was crying for me. Currently hiding in my bedroom with the baby, planning to take a nap once the baby falls asleep. If he falls asleep. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 that sounds so hard! Hopefully he'll get more used to her. 

I'm hooked up to an nst right now bc of low fetal movement. They had to buzz baby to wake him and now hes only moving right as I have a contraction which is SO COMFORTABLE. His heart rate goes above 160 every time I contract I dunno if that's ok or not but damn this particular nst hes making me nervous! If the lower fetal movement becomes regular I dunno if I'll have the stomach for 42 weeks this time.
  • Options
    @smashjam fx that baby gets a little more cooperative!
  • Options
    Had my appointment this morning (40+5). 3rd week in a row at 2.5cm, posterior and blah.  Doctor gave me what she called "the mother of all sweeps and stretches". It was uncomfortable, but since then nothing. No discomfort at all... Induction scheduled for Monday and I'm all emotional about it, I've gone overdue twice before but have always managed to just escape my induction date... This time it feels like there's no way this kiddo is coming before Monday. Pitty party for 1 (or two? Baby counts right?) 
  • Options
    @zande2016 it's hard but the more he sees her the more comfortable he will get :) hang in there and do what you have to do. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Thank you to everyone who commented about my induction! I am 3 cm dilated so maybe they can just break my water or something? I will discuss all the options tomorrow when I arrive. With my first I had cervadil followed by pitocin, so I guess we will see what I need tomorrow. I suppose this baby is coming out one way or another and I just need to relax and hope for the best. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 I can imagine the sadness but hang in there, mama needs a break too! 
    Fx @SmashJam that everything is ok, and good luck @KatyF0813, the waiting game is not fun!

AFM, baby wanted to eat again after 40 min from his bottle, he's had a couple of spit up episodes because of my splash mountain boob so I needed him to hold on a little bit more, his belly was still so big! He's been spitting up on me 5 times since yesterday...and we've gone through any outfits, the two of us! So anyways I remember @zande2016 said sometimes they get excited when they are on mommy so I handed the baby to my mom and was able yo gain 45 min - he wasn't crying bloody murder so he was probably being a glutton! Was able to pay some bills and run some laundry. Just finished feeding him and of course he's passed out on my shoulder, I bet he's gonna last 15 min in the r&p once I put him there...
  • Options
    @zande2016 could you give the sitter a small surprise to bring him so he associates her with something positive?  

@SmashJam fingers crossed that baby starts cooperating!

@kissableviv LO hadn’t been spitting up that much lately so yesterday I got brave and burped him without a burp cloth... and he spit up everywhere... figures lol
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 yay!  I’m so happy for you. Hope the good day continues!
  • Options
    @limoncat and @KatyF0813 wishing you the best with your scheduled inductions, though there's still time! 

I know there's a full moon tomorrow night (my own due date) so I'm hoping it has magical labor-inducing powers!

@lindsayleigh1989 glad you're making progress around the house and enjoying a nice bath + wine! Definitely celebrate those little accomplishments - it's the best way for me to start building momentum to get me out of emotional slumps. Made the bed? Brushed my teeth? Victory! 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 YAASSS I love it! So glad you had a successful day :). We all need a win sometimes.
  • Options
    @zande2016 that's great he did so well with the sitter! 

@nimmle I relaxed like it was my job the couple days after my due date, must have worked because LO came rushing out only 2 days late. Fx the relaxing does the job for you too, only without the crazy labor I ended up with.
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @noideawhatshesdoing I hope so! Now that I moved my induction date up to the 31st form the 8th I feel like I can relax too knowing it's not much longer. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 horray for a bath and glass of wine! I’ve had a little bit of beer or wine most nights, and it helps me feel normal/back to my old self again. I start to get anxiety as the sun starts to go down and having a few sips of something helps ease the mood

@zande2016 sounds like a win to me! How do you go grocery shopping with LO? Wrap? Stroller? 

@kissableviv do you think maybe your LO is just looking for a comfort suck instead of a bottle/food? After a night of cluster feeding/comfort nursing i realized i couldn’t hang mentally or physically and decided to see if a paci would settle. It did the trick and I now am able to enjoy my dinner sit back a bit in the evenings when fussiness is high. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @rachelsogo today I just left him in the infant seat and stuck that in the main part of the shopping cart. It takes up basically the whole cart, so fitting groceries in is challenging, but it’s easy. Next time I may wear him in the k’tan or Tula. With my older, as soon as he was able to sit up around 6 months, he’d sit in the shopping cart seat up front. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 I was gonna ask the same question about grocery shopping after going with my mom today and realizing there is no pushing a stroller AND a cart! 

@rachelsogo we definitely hold off with a pacifier sometimes but his cries are almost always hunger cries. He does eat at the breast but as soon as I notice pacifier sucks I detach!

We had our first long nap in the rock and play! First time in he did last 20 minutes then I fed him but after that he slept almost 3 hours! So excited he likes it and I can finally use it!