January 2019 Moms

MBF Week of 7/2

2»

Re: MBF Week of 7/2

• My boss worked 9 to 12 today. She acted like she was in a hurry and just said "bye, I'm um leaving now" waved and then said' have a good day off see ya Thursday.' I just stared at her like WHAT? I think it made her flustered and I thought it was hilarious. It only sucks because we are not all salary and it's such shit watching people take advantage of it. 

I really don't know how they get away with it. I won't be asking to work from home because I think it would be too distracting for me and I'm way too busy. But I would be so upset if they told me no.
  • @merostomata I asked if I could wfh 1 day a week after my last maternity leave, and my boss agreed. It is awesome. Definitely worth asking if it’s something you’re interested in. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Loading the player...
  • @saltedcaramel518  that's great! I'm so glad your boss agreed and it worked for you. I did work 1 day from home while in school so I don't think it'll be a problem- 90% of what I do is on the computer anyway. I'd also like to cut from 40 hours/week to 30 for the rest of the year, but we'll see...I'm considering just asking for everything and proposing a plan of how it could work with the rest of the team, and hopefully they'll agree to at least some of it :#  My husband works an evening schedule so if I cut to 30 hours we could probably get away with not doing daycare.