February 2019 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

I hope it's okay I'm starting this one today!

I'm not usually the easy to cry type but I have been lately. Today I cried because I crave a casserole my grandmother used to make me. It was actually a pretty gross casserole that only I liked and I didnt save her recipe before she passed away. Sadly, I cant remember how to make it and I have an intense craving for it. So... I cried. I feel like an idiot for crying about it but there it is. 

It had ground beef, tomato soup, creamed corn, cheddar cheese and egg noodles for sure. I wish I could remember the rest.

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

• Options
    I'm not a big crier when not pregnant, so it's a big change for me. I cried earlier this week because I forgot to ask DH to stop and get me an Arby's Beef and Cheddar. He came home without it and I lost it. It wasn't even his fault.  

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most of my crying has been due to rage that I can't punch people.
    Also this - I almost lost my shit at work today because this paralegal at another company was being so unreasonable and absolutely unprofessional. Thank god I didn't have to get on a call with her because I can't filter when I'm pregnant like I can not pregnant.

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    I’ve cried every day this week over stupid stuff. Today’s breakdown was because my son is turning one in a month. I cry fairly easily as is, but I’m way worse pregnant. 
  • Options
    I cried when H and I were watching my lottery dream home because I can't buy a lottery dream home.
  • Options
    Every strong positive emotion I have makes me cry lol. And now when other people cry I can’t hold back at all. 
  • Options
    Oh man, I feel like I should try to find things I don’t cry over, lol. I think my biggest cries happen during America’s Got Talent and all of those darn inspirational background stories they show, especially the little kids. Gets me every single time. 
  • Options
    I cried because my DH didn’t get invited to play golf. I’m not a crier AT ALL, but apparently that did it for me. We are going up to buffalo for a bridal shower tomorrow and all the guys are going to play golf while the ladies go to the shower, but no one thought to tell my DH or me. Apparently it was just nobody knows how to communicate in my family (which is an issue all in itself)
  • Options
    I cried at the short film intro before Incredibles 2. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    kayjay44 said:
    I cried at the short film intro before Incredibles 2. 
    The Bao one? 
  • Options
    I cried today bc I was watching a video (from last year) where a family with 2 youngs kids were kicked off a delta flight in the middle of the night. Bc the father wouldn't let them kick his 2 yr old son out of his seat. 
    I cant imagine being in a weird city, with 2 babies, having to try to find somewhere to stay and make sure they are taken care of. 
  • Options
    I’m typically not a crier, at all! That being said, today I cried because I was sitting on the couch and the remote was on the table. I couldn’t reach it without getting up.
  • Options
    @madreofdragons - yep. Like a baby at the end. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    I was sobbing during the last episode of Waco. All those kids... :'(
  • Options
    I haven’t cried yet but I made the mistake of seeing Guardians of the Galaxy in the theatre at 38 weeks.
  • Options
    Is anybody going to be brave enough to see the Mister Rogers movie while pregnant? 
  • Options
    I cried because the transmission went out on my car that I absolutely love, and when we traded it in at the dealership, they told me they were just going to scrap it. I wasn’t expecting that because it was still a fairly decent car. It just made me so sad that no one else would get to love that car.
  • Options
    I cried because I had to empty the fridge out (throw away the gross food and clean the Tupperware) while nauseated.

Then my cat threw up on the floor  :s
  • Options
    LoxiLoxi member
    @notthecheat I might cry just imagining this scenario  :'(:p:s
  • Options
    @madreofdragons - probably won’t go see it in theaters, but I will. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    @madreofdragons I saw it two weeks ago and cried through most of it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I cried because today because DH picked up Oscar Mayer bacon. "I said Hormel! I said H.O.R.M.E.L..hoorrmell!!" poor dh lol. I have apologized several times since then haha. 
  • Options
    I cried because my fiancee's ex wife is also pregnant and skinnier and better looking than I am today when we went to pick up the kids. 
  • Options
    febmumfebmum member
    I cried a teeny bit while getting ready for work because there was a radio news article on local seabirds feeding plastic to their chicks along with fish (because of ocean pollution) who would then barf them up and die. I of course barfed first because the description made me retch, and then quietly snuffled about the baby birds.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Is anybody going to be brave enough to see the Mister Rogers movie while pregnant? 
    Oh my gosh that would wreck me. I’m watching finding dory with my big kid and crying already just thinking about the ending. 
  • Options
    @susykat77 Ditto. The struggle for patience is real. I'm trying so hard not to get mad at my 3yo for being a 3yo, but it has not been easy.
  • Options
    @susykat77- yep, me too. I can keep my cool with the kids most of the time as well as work (just barely), but I can’t with DH at all. I still cry at specific things, but the anger and lack of patience is always more the way I’ve leaned. 

BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016

• Options
    I’m usually a highly sensitive person, so everything makes me (non pregnant me) cry. I find myself less sensitive than usual lately (can hormones do that?).

the only things that really get me to cry now is if someone’s kid dies or if someone suffers a loss (there’s been a lot of news like that here and among my friends/coworkers).
  • Options
    I have been a grumpy cow all day (kept this is under wraps as possible) but then this afternoon have switched straight to almost crying. Work has been busy and I'm exhausted and I dropped an unsealed blister pack (compliance pack) all over the bench when I was checking it and almost dissolved into tears. I just want to go home.
  • Options
    Update- Got home and my mum had sent me some fruit tea as she knows i havent been drinking and started crying properly.
  • Options
    Agreed ladies. I somehow manage to keep the hormones (rage) together at work and not bite anyone's head off...but when I get home....EVERYTHING irks me!
  • Options
    YES. Far more ragey than weepy, but still both. Every single thing is just irritating and I don't want to be touched or bothered. I thought I had a thin patience before I was pregnant. HA.

Then of course I was a puddle of tears today because I'm lonely because I'm just pissed off and feeling crappy and not much fun to anyone all the time. I forgot just how delightful these hormones are.