October 2018 Moms
Options

AW: Nursery thread

AW alert!! Baby H's nursery is finally done, and I could not be more in love! Almost every detail was handmade specifically for him, original artwork by friends/loved ones, family heirlooms, and treasured gifts. I can not wait to bring our little boy home to this love filled space created specifically for him.

Now...lets see those nurseries mamas!!  :)<3

me 32 | dh 45
married <3 11.11.17
 mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.

Re: AW: Nursery thread

• Options
    Yayyy!!! I'm so excited to see everyone's nurseries! Mine won't be a thing until August  :'(
  • Options
    @mamabearcj I’m in the same boat as you. We are in the process of installing a AC unit and the lines have to run right through the room which will eventually be the nursery. So currently it is a construction zone, gives me more time to pick out a paint colour!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to wait until after my baby shower to even pretend to have it ready
  • Options
    @mommy_myers - that looks fantastic!

Good luck with the renovations! DH and I did similar renovations on our 1920’s bungalow from July- January and are just now starting to decorate. We tore out the ceilings and drywall upstairs, added two bathrooms, refinished all the hardwood floors, installed central air and heating, replaced the windows, and had to redo the ceilings and drywall in several rooms downstairs, too. 

The kitchen is the big thing we have left, and I’m praying we get it done this summer before baby arrives in the Fall. We had to put that on hold when the basement flooded and we had a roof leak. 

My nursery is painted, but completely empty and I haven’t even ordered furniture yet. Planning to dive in full speed ahead when we return from our babymoon! 
  • Options
    Our nursery has been pretty much an office/junk room. Dh got a lot of his stuff out and I still have to clear out my desk... Ugh. Now that his stuff is out he is antsy for my stuff to get out. I work from home but that doesn't mean I have the time or energy to do it all in one day! 
  • Options
    I have to figure out where to put my library before I can even begin to start thinking about the nursery (some books are getting dispersed through the house, others?).  My Mom is planning to come for a week in August to help with all that.  
  • Options
    @knottieamusements - Kon Mari the library! Only keep the few books that bring you joy haha. 

It was *so* freeing to donate many of our books and really reduce them down to one bookshelf!
  • Options
    @knottieamusements agree with @ladyofarlington and donate/sell your books! We took maybe 25 books and found new homes throughout the house for them, the rest we are bringing to a local bookstore that will give you store credit or cash for your books. If they can’t buy them, they will happily recycle them for you.
    If you don’t have that check with your local library to see if they accept donations.
  • Options
    I'm with you @knottieamusements. I have 20 books alone that are from one author. There are books all over my house. I can't bring myself to part with them. Although, now I do mostly audio books to reduce my physical collection.
  • Options
    All my books bring me joy. Even the crappy mass market romance novels. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sammierose464 - Most of the fiction I read now is on my Kindle.  That shelf is going to be easiest to take care of. ;)
  • Options
    I still have a ton of textbooks from undergrad and grad school. Not sure why... Some of them can be relevant in my field, however I probably don't actually need my abnormal psych book anymore since I'm not a therapist.
  • Options
    I’ve managed to get rid of almost all of my textbooks. There are still a couple hanging around, but those are the ones I actually enjoy reading.  
  • Options
    I'm with you ladies, I can't part with my books! I have lived in 7 different houses in the last 9 years and all the books come with me every time! 
  • Options
    We'll hopefully be moving into our apartment the first week of July.  Then I can pick out a corner for the baby.  Then start moving in all the baby gear I'll be borrowing from my brother and then maybe start gathering some stuff for this baby.  All I have now are the free Amazon gift box and the Target gift bag.  He's covered for bottles at least - but hopefully won't need them the first couple of months. I think at 30 weeks it starts getting real real for me!!  I work best under pressure lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @mommy_myers That looks beautiful! I was the same way with my first, I had the nursery done months before and I would just go in and wait lol. We don't even know where we are going to live at this point. I will be lucky if she has a room! 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bel194bel194 member
    I've brought all my textbooks that I kept- which is way too many- to work with me.  I don't think I've opened any since college, but I just can't part with them! I'm pretty good about getting rid of paper books after I read them and downloading books on kindle when I can.  

We just bought a new house about a month ago but haven't moved in yet as we are still doing a lot of work on it.  The nice thing is that we are starting out with an empty room that will be baby's room, but I'm so overwhelmed thinking that we need to get our bedroom and DD's bedroom done first even though the nursery needs the least work- like literally just paint and a good floor polish. LO will likely be in our room for awhile at least so that should buy us some time on the nursery.  
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Options
    @mommy_myers I love the nursery! I love how you said “finally” ready. Haha mind is cleared out but nothing in it yet! 

We we are getting an estimate for new windows, then painting, then moving the nursery furniture in and that is when I will start purchasing all the cutesy things to decorate! I’m hoping it will be done by the end of August!
  • Options
    Our nursery has been painted pink since 24h after we we found out we’re having a girl, courtesy of a total surprise from my husband. Now we’re in a wait for the furniture to come. Right now we have hand me down baby clothes scattered. Can’t wait for furniture to come! Make note if anyone is looking into Crate and barrel’s baby line and pottery barn kids it take forever. We ordered in late May and some pieces are coming in a few weeks and some in August.
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I LOVE it! That crib is so amazing, and the wall color... yum! 
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
  • Options
    Thanks @mommy_myers! We scored the crib on a good discount from a coworker!
  • Options
    @Laumb11 - thank you!! it has been a decade since weve had a LO around, so yes... i am ready extra early and waiting :)

@sarahzett - oh i love the sound of that and i am sure it will look amazing! I just painted DDs room a lovely smoky lavender color and with her white curtains, trim, and bedding - it is doing things for me! hahaha! 

@wolfpackgrl718 - i feel your pain! prior to its new life, this nursery was the holiday storage/junk/office room for DH. it was a nightmare. we have another, larger, cleaner bedroom that I could have made into the nursery.  BUT - we actually just bought this house from my in laws, as it is the house my DH grew up in, and the nursery was his room from birth-college, so I wanted it to be our sons room also. so to the garage and dump things went!
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
  • Options
    @mommy_myers that sounds beautiful! Post a pic if you can - I'd love to see that!

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• Options
    @mommy_myers how cool though!!! that's really special! :D It's probably better that we dont have another room because then things would just stay a mess. haha. 
  • Options
    I've been very torn on creating a new nursery or moving DD to a big girl room and keep her current room the nursery for the new baby.  There are a lot of pros in moving DD, but I feel like I'm taking away her room and I feel like an ass.  But on a positive note I won't have to buy all new crib sheets or retheme, but now I have to alter the guest room for a big girls room .  Bah idk
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    @bntfroggie Exactly my dilemma. When doing DDs room I intentionally made it very gender neutral with the intention of moving her to the other room and reusing her room whenever we had another baby. But now she KNOWS that's her room and I think she would be very upset if I moved her.. so probably going to let her keep that room and out this kid in the other room, even if it is a little further down the hall from the master. There are going to be a lot of changes with the new baby already, I don't want her to completely freak out by taking her room away too!
  • Options
    @chopchop25 I love that you have a bed in your nursery, I wish I had room for that! 
  • Options
    @mamabearcj OMG THAT IS ADORABLE!!!!!!!
  • Options
    That dinosaur is sooo cute!! I found it on Amazon too.  We're doing a baby corner so that would fit in perfectly small enough but cute!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers