December 2018 Moms
Options

UO 6.28.18

2»

Re: UO 6.28.18

• Options
    clbnessclbness member
    edited June 2018
    @PensiveCrayon Ahh, I want to go so bad.  Is it something, say, a five year old would like...if I gave her plenty of HP prep ahead of time?  I'm so glad I've finally picked up the books (better late than never, I suppose?!) because I LOVE them!  After I finish a book, I watch the movie...I refuse to watch the movie before reading the book.  I wish I could get MH on board, but he's not a big fantasy fan...it was hard enough to get him to branch out ever so slightly when it came to food (good for you, babe, you like cereal and apples now...you're a big kid now! *eye roll*).

Edited to delete the kristah tag, that was supposed to go in the STM post.  :D
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    @temmetime  Ahhh! It's the only acceptable hot sauce for Buffalo wings!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @katy0990 I didn't need a drink in the hospital, but I had one within a week or two of having my daughter.  It was hot as hell, and as I've said I like a cold beer.  I didn't have many or even drank them quick enough to feel anything, but lemon shandy's and grapefruit shandys are just so yummy
  • Options
    @khom in that case I will eat it, but I don't eat Buffalo wings almost ever! I put hot sauce on everything else; sandwiches, tacos, anything.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @temmetime Unfortunately (Or fortunately? I don't know which) my Buffalo-born-and-raised husband has turned me into a wing snob.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @AGK2015 I agree, partly. I think it's very good to educate yourself on your options so you don't go into birth blind. But yes -- the tighter a birth plan the more likely a person is to be disappointed. I wrote a page of birth preferences because my midwife required it from all her clients, but honestly I had no idea what I was going to want re: pain management, music, etc. while I was in labor. I thought I would want to watch funny videos but H turned on some cat video and I was like, "TURN IT OFF." 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @agk2015 That is why I hate that it is called a birth plan. I think it makes sense to talk about and consider your options and preferences, but it needs to be flexible. It is not a set in stone plan.
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    And I guess I didn’t need a glass of wine after the baby last time because I had enough sips while pregnant?
    And I don’t deprive myself of any foods while pregnant so there’s nothing I “miss.”

But yeah the first whole, cold  beer is nice.
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat I am baffled! People allow their child to decide when they take swim lessons? That is crazy to me. All of the recommendations I have heard, suggest that the younger you start, the less fear and uncertainty there will be, so the better off you are. Why would you wait until your child requests to go? Wow.
  • Options
    +1 for not getting Disney! My mom & stepdad like to go every year - it's his personal tradition and the only way he can properly get away from work - my mom just goes with him because it's fun, but she doesn't initiate. I went to Disneyland & Universal when I was 16/17, on a band trip. It was fun because it was my first theme park and first time in California. I haven't missed it. 

+1 for preferring foreign travel! Immersing yourself in a different culture is just so amazing (if you go with the flow). We do it as often as possible. DH has a thing in France later this year, and I'm going to tag along if I'm not too pregnant to fly internationally.

Re: Hot sauce. Tobasco is okay - the green one is delish, and I miss the chipotle. Cholula is a favorite that I can get in several restaurants, so that's a win. For you other hot sauce lovers - look at Fuego Box! It's a hot sauce only stuff-of-the-month club (well, of the quarter), you get three sauces every three months, and they're usually awesome! DH loves caribbean scotch bonnet sauces, and I like habañero sauces like Secret Aardvark (available on Amazon)!

Re: Booze. I was on board with all things in moderation, but DH was holding on to "the rules." Big shout-out to Expecting Better, because DH is now okay with me having a tiny drink more often, and is pro-salmon sushi for me. Probably won't have any drinks in the hospital though - we live close enough that I would rather have a drink at home with my puppers and without pants.

Re: Birthplans. I'm 50/50. I want safety and for us both to make it out alive. But I don't know how my opinion will change during labor. I might decide on like, eight bullet points and try to stick with them. I also want to move around and not be trapped on my back, but who knows - maybe kiddo is going to get stuck in my inexperienced hips? Maybe he's going to come out in the car by accident? Nobody knows.

I don't have an OU today, just opinions :wink:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @echo-charlietango This may be a FFFC, but I don’t think I wore pants at all in the hospital. Everything bothered my incision and it was way easier to whip out a boob 42585 times a day in the hospital gown. Plus,no dirty laundry to drag home!
  • Options
    @katy0990 I only wore the hospital gown the whole hospital stay.  I had a whole suitcase of stuff and didn't use any of it for me or baby lol
  • Options
    @katy0990 I stayed in my hospital gown the whole time too! I probably would have felt better in my own clothes, but I am very much a rule follower and since no one told me I could put on my own clothes I didn’t think I was allowed! Lol looking back that seems so silly. I know better for this time at least.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    The day after my section I changed into my nursing tank and pj pants. I was super happy with that decision. Why are hospital rooms so cold?! 
  • Options
    I changed out of my gown as soon as I got to the post partum room. I just changed into pajama pants and a nursing top but it was soooo much better than the gown. Kind of thinking of bringing running tights or something less PJ this time. I hate lounging around in my pajamas for too long. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I definitely put on oversized sweatpants and a v-neck along with my good wool slippers, but it was a long while (I was on an IV for what felt like forever, and getting dressed would have required thinking about the whole needle thing). What I really wished I'd done, though, was shower. They never told me I was allowed to so I assumed I couldn't, and I went home very stinky.
  • Options
    Yeah, I didn't have an IV with either kid. Honestly after #2, I just wanted to go home. IDK why they made me stay so long but by the beginning of the second day it was like, "so..... discharge. now. kthx"
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I forgot about the IV. I blew 3 veins during my hospital stay and that’s part of why I never got dressed because I kept getting blood on everything. I hope that doesn’t happen this time.
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @echo-charlietango SECRET AARDVARK!!!   I but that ish by the case.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @echo-charlietango I think I'm more comfortable with small amounts of alcohol than my husband is.  I've been keeping it very light (much lighter than Oster says is OK in expecting better) partially so I don't freak him out.  I guess it also makes me feel less badly about it too.. not that I think there is anything to feel badly about but my brain is not always logical.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @hkom I think I need the drunken garlic one - I didn’t know it existed until I linked to it earlier :open_mouth: Always happy to find another Aardvark fan :smiley:

ETA: I totally added some fresh Secret Aardvark to my Amazon Baby registry - it's eligible for the completion discount (same reason I added Zapps Chips) :wink:

@kadeephd I'm well below Oster’s one-unit-a-day too. I’m right around 2-3 drinks a week, and sometimes that drink is just half of a beer. I had some wine at lunch though and it was so refreshing. Helped get me in the mood for vacuuming carpet and steam mopping the tiles :lol: I am not above bribing myself. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary