October 2018 Moms
Options

Monday BF 6/25/2018

Re: Monday BF 6/25/2018

• Options
    I'm just tired of puking in the AM. Thankfully I usually am fine after the morning, but it's just exhausting and painful. I'm pretty sure I broke a few blood vessels today.

Just gotta get through two busy days in the office, and 1.5 days at home for work and I'm off until July 8th.
  • Options
    Are you puking every morning, still?! That's so insane, if so. What does your OB say about that?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not every, but  most. He isn't concerned because I"m not losing weight. I think it's mostly due to congestion from my allergies.
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm so sorry, @sammierose464. That has to be just terrible.
  • Options
    Pregnancy has shifted (?) my cervix lower and made sex uncomfortable the last couple times. Once we had to stop and once we were able to complete. I am not happy!!! I don't want to miss any sex even though my sex drive is waaay down. 
  • Options
    @sammierose464 - That sucks.  
  • Options
    @sammierose464 that sucks and I feel you. I am still suffering from bad morning nausea and occasionally still throwing up as well. This morning is particularly bad, I've been dry heaving at my desk. Lovely.
  • Options
    I got like four hours of sleep last night.  I went to bed at 9:30, and cried until I finally went to sleep around 11:30. The nightmares woke me up at 2:30.  I never actually made it back to sleep.  There may or may not have been more crying. 

I successfully refrained from telling one of my best friends that he is a hurtful jackass via text at 2:30am. 

I also beat up some random MF trying to break into my house because he was mad at the judge in the nightmare until some loud beeping sound woke me up.  Punching and kicking may be worthless in dream fights, but BJJ for the win everytime. 

My cat survived the night. But only because I thought her wet nose on my butt when she burrowed under the sheet was humorous. 

Fucking hormones.  
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, @knottieamusements

On a brighter note, Bagheera also likes to burrow under the sheets...

We call her Burrows Bagheer-Ea to the tune of Karma Chameleon when she does it. Fun fact.
  • Options
    @sliztee  - I like Burrows-Bagheer-Ea; it has a nice ring to it. 

Holley likes to burrow, but usually she goes between the comforter and the sheet; with me sleeping hot right now (except when I get cold), she only had the sheet to burrow under.  

• Options
    I am so tired of DH half assing every-damn-thing. We are on a tight schedule til the babies get here we can't do everything TWICE because you can't do it right the first time. Get your shit together. 
  • Options
    This cough and congestion is freaking crazy. I can't sleep at night and feel terrible.
  • Options
    My Monday BF is to the stupid dentist. Had to take DS to the dentist on Saturday, which went about as well as I had expected. He wouldn’t really let the dentist look in his mouth at all (he’s 2 and is still really shy around strangers), and when we kind of forced it, he just cried and screamed the whole time. The BF though is to the stupid dentist for making me feel super judged about that DS sucks his thumb. She made it seem like such a big deal that a 2 year old is sucking his thumb, even though she said it’s not affecting his teeth yet. I mean he’s two for God’s sake.  What does she want us to do, cut off his thumb?!
  • Options
    Well my BF seems mundane after reading everyone else's.. I hope you're days get better!!

I woke up to clumps of dog hair all over mine and DHs clothes. Why? Because the old dog that sheds like crazy likes to work her way onto the couch with our clothes in the middle of the night and just roll on everything!! Then sit there with a smile on her face when you wake up and see her on your stuff. I don't want to do laundry! /:
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Sorry you had such a rough night! Hoping tonight is better for you!

@kiwi2628 glad it was just gas!

My BF is at my boss. Her boss is coming down on her for different things so in turn she is coming down on us. I get it, I've been in retail for 10 years. But some of this stuff but is just ridiculous. Between this and just being over everything in general (thanks hormones) I'm just over today and I still have 6 hours of work left. 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    Maternity clothes.  I hit my wall yesterday trying to get dressed to go to a graduation party.  It was humid and gross and I realized that as much as I don't want to invest in more summer maternity clothes for the next three months I NEED to.  DH is going to take me shopping tonight after my melt down, the only problem is that no one carries maternity in store anymore.  When I was pregnant with DD I could hop over to Old Navy, Gap, or H&M.  Now none of my go tos carry maternity in store in my area.  I'm also mad at myself for not just ordering things and waiting until I was desperate and angry.   
  • Options
    Online shopping with 2-day shipping? @KFrob
  • Options
    MissBridgMissBridg member
    edited June 2018
    KFrob do you have a Macy's Boscov's, Motherhood, Target?  Those all still carry in-store in my area.  But I def miss Old Navy and H&M...those were goodies..

I totally feel you on hating to buy more.  This is my 3rd- I have an entire wardrobe of maternity...but no summer stuff.  I have recently purchased a couple pairs of shorts and a few sundresses.  I'm done working after this week so I need stuff I can wear in the heat (my office is freezing so I've been able to wear all my old stuff to work...)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake I'm sorry your dentist made you feel judged. The dentists at our company definitely make sure that parents are aware that thumb sucking can cause issues as young as possible. The sooner you can break it, the less it will affect the teeth. But there's a right way and a wrong way to make your point. Some dentists have such terrible bedside manner!!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @kfrob Do you have any second hand store around you?? Some carry maternity or even flowy dresses that might fit the bump well! 
  • Options
    @KFrob I just ordered some dresses from Pink Blush on sale and love them. They're all basic cotton so I wouldn't pay full price, but ended up with two that were cute! Looking forward to trying some of their other clothes.
    (+Free 2 day shipping and returns for $150+, so just order enough to hit that minimum then return some)
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited June 2018
    @mamabearcj I know of one place I can check out if I can get there.  

@chopchop25 I did order a dress and t-shirt from the clearance sale they were having a couple of weeks ago.  The tshirt is super cute and well fitting, but the dress was sort of a bust though.  I do keep checking their website for sales.  And great thinking with the min order for free shipping and then returning  ;)    

I'm normally totally okay with ordering stuff and returning it if it doesn't fit but my frustration has me wanting to just be able to try stuff on and have the immediate satisfaction of taking it home and knowing it will work for the next three months.  

Edit autocorrect
  • Options
    That makes total sense @kfrob! I ordered like 10 dresses and found 3-4 I liked, and 2 I kept. All of the dresses had such different cuts, lengths, and fits, so I definitely recommend trying a few!
  • Options
    @kfrob I routinely order like $500+ of clothes from online stores in the hopes that at least 20% will fit right. It's so frustrating not being able to try on in stores!

My BF is that our internet/intranet is down at work. And now I can't check the baby shower list my mom sent me for accuracy. Because that's been another source of frustration this morning...the earlier version she sent me not only had men on the list (I've def told her females only, DH has zero desire to go), but also had my cousin's ex-husband. Um, think we needed to carefully review the list before copy pasting from my old wedding invite list. 
  • Options
    Hopefully we all have better weeks after today!

@knottieamusements I'm sorry you're still having bad nightmares. I've cried myself to sleep more than once lately because of being frustrated about trying to get comfortable.

@kiwi2628 glad it was just gas!!

@MissBridg I feel your pain. I'd be ticked too. I'm trying not to be completely pissed that DH did nothing around the house this weekend and I did a ton. He's got stuff every night this week and we leave for camping Saturday.

My work load to complete in the 3 days I have left in the office seems undoable, especially when I'm in a meeting all afternoon tomorrow.
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 Stick with the tight t-shirts, jersey-knit dresses, and tank tops that hug your bump. I usually pair them with a cardigan or cargo jacket.
  • Options
    Shit, I'd be disappointed @chopchop25 - like...y'all just gotta remember ONE GODDAMN DAY.
  • Options
    @MissBridg where on the shore did you go?! Or is that a creepy question? 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    hellopartyof5hellopartyof5 member
    edited June 2018
    My 3.5 yr old can't handle no nap and will sleep forever if he naps and then has trouble falling asleep. I just don't know how I'm going to handle this summer by myself. The beach this morning was a shitshow. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited June 2018
    @sliztee fake it 'til ya make it. ')
    The rotational program I'm in has given me a lot of coaching that led me to the 'keep doing me' mindset - though I'm balancing it with this fascinating article I just read about emotional suppression in the workplace (and how dangerous it is...) @mamabearcj may be on a much healthier and more sustainable track :)