February 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• I snacked on leftover imitation crab while I made dinner, picked at the ingredients throughout prep, ate dinner (turkey bacon cheeseburger skillet with 2 pieces wheat butter bread). And now I want a snack. Or ice cream. Might have DH stop and get something
  • I’m making a cheeseburger casserole and I’m guessing that’s similar @ksdelong20
  • Loading the player...
  • Is anyone else having the, I can't eats?  I'm always so full feeling and out of breath, the thought of having to eat is just ughh.  22+4 and don't even want to know what its going to be like for third! 
    I don't even look twice at any junk food or carby foods because I know I need the little space I have have for nutritious proteiny food.
    Dh has polished off a pie and a half since Sunday, I had a teaspoon of one yesterday and was like, nope, can't do it. I am normally such a sweet junkie. End whine fest.
  • @cass06_07
    I'm also 22w4d and eating is a chore already. I either eat too much and then suffer for it because of reflux or I don't eat enough and I'm hungry an hour later. 
    It's hard too because very few things are appealing to me this pregnancy. I spend more time debating what to eat than I actually do eating! 
    The 3rd tri is going to be miserable. 
  • I, too, pick on everything while I cook and/or totally eat other snacks lol.  Tonight I ate some of DS pasta with butter and cheese while I made pork chops w/ sauerkraut, Swiss chard, and fried potatoes.  Delicious but filling and I could’ve stopped at the pasta probably haha
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @bellebaby221 im havig issues with food being appealing too... good to know im not alone!  I always thought when i got pregnant id eat everything in sight.. boy was I wrong!
  • For me it seems to be every other day of being a bottomless pit and not having room for anything. Yesterday I had a huge lunch, and when I made dinner I made sure to make enough for both dinner yesterday and also have leftovers for lunch today. Well, I ate it all in one sitting. Today I barely ate at work, and I could only stomach one third of my already small dinner plate. So weird.
  • @grebretso, i hear you! I worked on eating my breakfast this morning from 830 and finally finished at 11am.. it was just steelcut oats with banana maple syrup and cinnamon!
    Dinner tonight i wasnt hungry but knew i had to eat.. after the first chicken nugget sized veggie riblet i was gasping for air  :|
  • Same with the tiny stomach issue but constantly hungry issue. I can take like 3 bites of food then I'm disgustingly full (like post-Thanksgiving full), then 20 minutes later I'm starving. So I basically just snack all day. 
  • I've developed a problematic sweet tooth. 
  • @becks_726- Ditto. And I was seriously so good and off extra sugar for like a year before this pregnancy. 😫
  • @becks_726 sugar is almost exclusively what I want. It’s baaaad 
  • I eat a glazed donut with my coffee every morning...every day I say "Ok tomorrow I don't NEED that donut so I'm going to skip it" but I get it anyway lol
  • Update on lunch: I went for chipotle and got tacos.  Totally over estimated what I would eat and got THREE when in reality I am stuffed after 1  :/
  • @danixbanani24
    Chipotle here too. I surprised myself with how much of the bowl I actually ate. I haven't been able to get much in these days without feeling overly stuffed. 
  • Am I the only one still able to eat a house? The limit does not exist for my food consumption. Still in Mean Girls mode  ;)
  • @megpants209 I'm right there with you! 
  • I can eat an apartment building still. It's OUT OF HAND.
  • Oh, I can eat!  I am definitely most hungry in the mornings, by dinner I care very little about food but possibly because that involves effort on my part.

• I can definitely eat, but I'm afraid of triggering my heartburn, so I try not to eat too much :(  So I try to be excited as I shoot for 5-6 smaller meals lol. Heartburn comes and goes for me. Sometimes the heartburn is INSANE and sometimes it's non-existent. 
  • I should definitely visit the Bake Sale right down the hall from my office, right? I mean ... only to support the Parents' Association. Definitely not to fill my stomach with cookies and cupcakes. Gotta support that PA
    It's solely for PTA support.  Duh.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @BourbonBiscuits DS school has a chocolate candy fundraiser - we pay for the box upfront, get it home, and sell it.  You know the box is still sitting in my closet right?  LOL
  • My boys came home this evening with a dairy queen ice cream cake. I love them so much!
  • I’ve been craving DQ in the worst way, we don’t have one close by unfortunately  :'(
  • I’ve been craving DQ in the worst way, we don’t have one close by unfortunately  :'(
    That's tragic.  We have one that opened a few moths back that's about 20 mins away.  We went last weekend and I had plans of going this weekend (drive thru Bizzards? Yes please!) but the weekend was jam packed.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I just want domino's cheese pizza. I don't even like domino's or plain cheese pizza. 
  • Ice. All the ice. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @BourbonBiscuits I think people who say pregnancy makes you want to eat like a child are completely right. Cheese pizza is a good one! Personally I just want to put ketchup on everything. So gross.
  • @grebretso it’s so true.  I’d rather eat nuggets and fries and pizza because healthy stuff is questionable at best right now.  I am determined to try tho.  This morning I made berry oatmeal and for lunch I’m having a chicken sandwich (with chips I have stashed in my drawer at work lol).  I’m also attempting to not buy lunch every day bc it’s expensive in the city and I want to save money for baby things plus Xmas shopping! 
  • Eating like a child?  I have a box of Teddy Grahams at my desk!  :)
  • I decided this morning that I was going to try harder to eat 'healthier'. Lol. Now I want cheese pizza. 
  • I'd been craving Panera forever and finally went and got it for lunch today. Broccoli and cheese soup, half caesar salad and an oatmeal raisin cookie. It was PERFECT. 
  • @katamca - I went through a two week period where I had their broccoli cheddar soup daily for dinner. It was all I could stomach.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @katamca and @kayjay44 I was on a two week Panera kick too lol