February 2019 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating

14567810»

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• Options
    We left a big bowl of candy out while we took DD down the street for trick or treating (maybe 6 houses). When we came back it was gone. I know we did not have that many kids in the short time it took us to walk down the street and back so there were definitely some kids stuffing their bags. We did have some of the best candy on our block (in my humble opinion lol) so I can’t be too mad. We ended up having a lot more kids come after but luckily DH bought a ton of candy hoping he’d have some left. We went through ALL of it! Sorry DH! I’m happy and sad about it. No temptation for me in the house at least!
  • Options
    it seems like Halloween this year was really dead! (no pun intended).  Last year tons of houses participated and there were kids everywhere, this year a lot of the houses from last year had no body doing candy.  It was weird to say the least. DS didn't seem to care anyway lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    allthingsgoallthingsgo member
    edited November 2018
    @danixbanani24 my husband and I noticed that too! We just went down our street with DD but when we were driving around elsewhere earlier it seemed like very few people had decorations up and there weren’t many trick or treaters. I’m happy our neighborhood seemed to be hopping though. I wonder if it is because more people are doing things like trunk or treat or the mall etc? 

Is anyone else super excited for the holiday season starting?? We are going to get the Hallmark streaming channel for a couple mouths so we can start watching all their cheesy Christmas movies and we are so excited!! Plus this year DD is way more aware of what is going on so that will make the season that much more fun!! I’m super excited! 
  • Options
    @allthingsgo - give me ALLLLLL of the Thanksgiving/ Christmas fun.  I had the XMas music on by 7 am and my son said "can you turn it up?" ABSOLUTELY, sweet boy! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    mini twix - why are you so delicious and easy to eat??
  • Options
    mini twix - why are you so delicious and easy to eat??
    Same goes for the tiny little Kit Kats. Bad news.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    Fun size chocolates are the devil. They are way too easy to consume.
    Anyone interested in a healthy eating/food tracking/something challenge? 
  • Options
    @okayestmom12 that is too cute!!
  • Options
    wrensnestwrensnest member
    edited November 2018
    All I want to eat are baked goods and Halloween candy. Om nom nom. Have to do my glucose test in the next week or so, so I should really pump the brakes, but I caaaaan’t. We had a lot of trick or treaters, but they preferred our non-food treats (glow sticks, etc) so we still have so much delicious candy. 
  • Options
    It’s someone’a birthday in the office so we’re having pizza for lunch. I am STARVING and it won’t be here for another hour and 20 minutes. I’m going to die. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Mmm mounds! We bought 4 bags of candy for all 8 of the trick or treaters that came to our house (which is the norm). Must limit intake..

Also ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas here!! I am disappointed that Christmas music isn't on the over eager radio station yet.
  • Options
    I loveee Thanksgiving because my birthday usually falls on it or around it.  Christmas is bittersweet for me - I used to be REALLY into it but over the past few years we've lost so many  family members that it's a bit hard for me.  But I do find it magical and I intend to make it special for my DS and this LO.
  • Options
    @becks_726 me!! I’m interested.
    Two summers ago I started clean eating and I loved it. Cut refined sugars, white bread, white pasta, etc...  need to get back on track. I always feel better when I do! 
  • Options
    Can’t stop drinking Gatorade G2 Glacier Cherry. I feel like it’s bordering on addiction. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @okayestmom12
    Glacier cherry Gatorade is how I survived the first tri. It was a life saver!
  • Options
    All I can keep down are refined carbs and cheese- exactly like with DD- and even that is iffy. Looks like I'll be gaining another extra 30 lbs like last time. But I guess it's either that or starve and go to the hospital so I guess I'll take getting fatter.
  • Options
    Give me all the breakfast carbs. I think I could survive on cereal at this point. 
  • Options
    I’m at an all day training class and for lunch I went out and got a chipotle burrito bowl (chorizoooo droooolll).  Now I’m fairly certain I could lay down on the floor underneath the desk and fall asleep.  Three more hours of training  :s
  • Options
    @danixbanani24
    I experienced the chipotle bowl coma yesterday. I can't imagine feeling like that and having 3 hours of training!
  • Options
    So much halloween candy. These babies are probably doing summer-salts in there. And apples. Give me a good crisp cold apple. 
  • Options
    changadeechangadee member
    edited November 2018
    Ok this is weird as hell but I am all for wraps. Breakfast wraps with eggs. Chicken wraps. Salad wraps. Literally wrap it in a tortilla and I want it. I had a wrap for every meal the other day. 

Also bagels.

I should try crepes.
  • Options
    okayestmom12okayestmom12 member
    edited November 2018
    My cravings have been comfort food related. For the past few weeks, I’ve been addicted to making Shepherd’s Pie but this week, I switched to Lasagna. I made a huge dish of it for dinner last night and don’t regret it. 

T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    @okayestmom12 we made lasagna soup tonight! So good. I've also been craving comfort foods, chicken and dumplings, lasagna, meatloaf, soups mmmm...
  • Options
    I’m still eating candy and NEED TO STOP!  I also crave fruit but I substitute the candy for the fruit when I crave the sugar.  Bad prego 
  • Options
    It's the reverse season to most of you, so here I am reading about your warm winter comforty foods, and eating popsicles like candy  :D
  • Options
    OB is making me do a low carb diet for the three days prior to my 3-hr GTT and, people, I. Am. So. Hungry. Apparently all I like to eat these days are carbs. Please, oh, please let me pass this test. I need my carbs back.
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 Mmm those spinach rolls sound delicious!  I feel like I am constantly making pasta for dinner and then I’ll just wilting some spinach in the sauce to make me feel like I’m eating healthy (when I just want all the noodles).  
  • Options
    https://jessicainthekitchen.com/roasted-carrot-soup-vegan-gluten-free-easy/  It's vegan but you wouldn't know... seriously the BEST soup ever.  You can make it watery or thicker by adjusting the broth amount... i tripled the recipe, sooooo good!

• Options
    notthecheatnotthecheat member
    edited November 2018
    @danixbanani24 I LOVE skinnytaste! But this baby hates it  :'( I have chicken korma and sweet potato shepherds pie in the freezer for postpartum (they were supposed to have been eaten already, but they will just come right back up!  :'()

I also LOVE Gina's chicken enchiladas, and chicken lentil soup. I miss them!

ETA and all her chili recipes. And more lol. Most things of hers I've made are so delicious!
  • Options
    I can't get enough Panera Cheesy broccoli soup. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 
  • Options
    @episcowitch that's one of the few things I can sometimes tolerate!