September 2018 Moms
Options

Appointments week of 6/18

2»

Re: Appointments week of 6/18

• Options
    smsaulino said:
    Yay! @megnwingate are you still team green?
    Yes!! Only 3 people know the sex of the baby and I’m ok with that. Lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My OB apparently does a 2 hr glucose test. I'll get the results back tomorrow. His policy is if you fail then you get treated for GD. No second test.
  • Options
    @knitknitread the one hour is a screening to determine women at higher risk for gd- after which you do the actual diagnostic test. The two hour and three hour are the diagnostic tests that positively state whether or not a woman is diagnosed with gd. (Though the cut offs and criteria vary depending on which of three standards the physician is using- so there is debate about the diagnosis). 
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    edited June 2018
    How long has it been taking you ladies to hear back about your GD test?  I took mine Tuesday morning and I’m getting impatient. 
  • Options
    @nackie I got my results through the portal with a note from my doctor the same day. If you don't have a portal and the office has to call you, I imagine it could take longer but I would call as ask if I were you. 
  • Options
    nackie said:
    How long has it been taking you ladies to hear back about your GD test?  I took mine Tuesday morning and I’m getting impatient. 
    I think I got mine the next day. It depends where they run the test (in house vs send to hospital). Also they use the online/app MyChart thing so no one called my results just got posted wich I think gets results out faster.
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @magnolia209 we do have a portal and I get an email whenever new results come in, so I know they haven’t just forgotten to call, but this seems like a long wait. I was just curious what others were seeing 
  • Options
    @nackie yeah, I was seen Tuesday, too - theybtold me Thursday or Friday so I just called in yesterday to move the process along ;)

@magnolia209  omg I am so so tired today.  My iron was only borderline / just barely below the range they want to see, but I did already pick up some slow release tabs to start taking just every other night, basically.  I figure MWF will be easier to remember.  I wonder if it will help me, too! 
  • Options
    Ugh. Thursday morning was not my kind of day. I drank the gross drink exactly an hour before my blood draw time, then started our (usually 30 minute) drive to the doctor’s office. It took over an hour because of road construction and I had to reschedule for next Thursday. So I get to drink it again and deal with the crazy sugar crash. Yuck. 
  • Options
    @magnolia209 It was such a "fun" club last time that my body decided to do it again with lower numbers :lol:
  • Options
    @ashh2018 how was the wait time today? Hopefully you didn’t have to wait too long. And I agree about the staying away from your coworker thing. She does not seem like a positive person to be around right now 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife I hope it helps! I have to admit, I’m exhausted today (after my big talk this morning!). But I’m choosing to believe that the iron is really helping me overall. 

@arbell615 Oh that’s horrible!!! The drink is so gross.