January 2019 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 6/18

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 6/18

• @AliKay20 happy birthday!! I’ll second what a lot of others have said about being more confident in many ways in my 30’s. I turned 30 about halfway through my pregnancy with my first so for me the 30’s have been about being a mom so far, which also has given me a confidence and purpose I never had before. Enjoy it!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    *~* DS Jan.'15 *~* DD Nov.'16 *~*
  • Now for something completely random...

Does anyone else really like the new Backstreet Boys song? I admit I didn’t predict them having a comeback in 2018.
  • Loading the player...
  • @snackheart Meeeeee!!!!! I love BSB! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn’t know there was a new song. #old #itsfine #justcallmegrandma

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited June 2018
    @snackheart Meeeeee!!!!! I love BSB! 
    Me too!!!! I may or may not have "just one more timed" I want it that way my entire commute home yesterday. Which is not a short a drive :#

@snackheart I definitely didn't predict new music from them but I'll take it!
  • Here’s my random for today. My cat tried to go w me to Boston. He was sad when I had to move him out of my suitcase so I could pack LOL 
  • My first ever concert was Backstreet Boys! My friend’s older brother’s girlfriend took us because we were too young to go alone. We made huge letter signs, she held “A” and I held “J.” I always didnhave a thing for the “bad boys.”  :D
  • @texasmommie I'm sorry youre going through that. I think I finally got past that this week (11w) . Constantly worrying everytime you go to the bathroom if there's going to be blood really messed with your head. Hope things get better soon. 
  • MeggieLynneMeggieLynne member
    edited June 2018
    Yesterday I had a little accident at the playground (my foot turned under me and I heard an awful crack noise). Went to get seen today and it’s not broken but badly sprained. Obviously pregnant (10 and a half weeks now) so can’t reslly take anything. My husband has been home between jobs but is likely starting something in a couple days.  So now I’m on crutches with an airboot. Stuck at home with the two and a half year old (3 at end of August) because obviously I can’t drive and it’s freaking hot here right now so hopping places is not an option. Especially because then I also couldn’t hold son’s hand by the road.  So this should be fun!  Lovely on top of my two strongest pregnancy symptoms of exhaustion and insomnia. Lucky I have a good sense of humour. And better now than when I have a big bump I guess!   Also waiting on biopsy results for my mom which she don’t feelkng good about and her and my dad are leaving town tomorrow. Does this all count as a three for bad things?  I don’t want anymore 
  • Ouch @MeggieLynne, I hope your ankle heals quickly! 

For those expecting boys (or who currently have boys), a friend of mine sent me the video below.  It's hilarious!

https://www.facebook.com/KristinaKuzmic/videos/1891595570904152/

(The name in the link is apparently the comedian that made the video, not my friend).

• AshVA said:
    Ouch @MeggieLynne, I hope your ankle heals quickly! 

For those expecting boys (or who currently have boys), a friend of mine sent me the video below.  It's hilarious!

https://www.facebook.com/KristinaKuzmic/videos/1891595570904152/

(The name in the link is apparently the comedian that made the video, not my friend).
    I love her videos. She's so supportive of women and other moms. She has been through some crap in her life so it's nice to see her so positive or real. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • @MeggieLynne That's rough! All my sympathies for also having to deal with a toddler. 

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• @MeggieLynne That's rough! All my sympathies for also having to deal with a toddler. 

+1 @MeggieLynne--I hope you feel better ASAP!
  • I know some other people on here said they watch the handmaids take right? Anyone watch the latest episode.....OMG why do I ever watch this show I couldn't stop crying
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 I haven't seen the newest episode.  Tonight! I've read some spoilers, i'm curious to actually watch what happens. 
  • @galactickates it's an intense episode that's for sure. All of these extra hormones did not help with the crying lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 I went from angry cry to heartbreak cry for the majority of the show. SO MANY HORMONES. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @drabong88 I was bawling from that episode... and then the suspense of how they left it... i just wanna binge it lol 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I haven't watched yet because I'm too tired at night. Now I'm thinking I should wait a little longer, I've been crying over everything anyways!
  • @molosmiles I watched it while DS was napping today.  Once I'm in bed at night I'm done for lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Forgot that today was the longest day of the year - until I got into bed at 8:30 and realized that the sun was still out.......  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @alikay20 Thank you. It's quite hard. Especially when its bright red and the flow of a period, not just spotting pink. I miscarried several years ago (7+), so I kinda know what to look for, but besides the bleeding, I haven't had any other symptoms, which does bring a slight relief.  Praying for the best and each appointment I just hope for continued great news. Hope all goes well for you today  :)<3
  • @gorgeousariel Thank you! I am 10w6d, so I am hoping this is the end of it. It's a relief hearing others had bleeding up until 10-12 weeks. I continue to pray and try to keep positive.  <3
  • @kaf1788 of course! We're pregnant, we can eat and do whatever we want  :):)<3<3
  • Yay happy birthday @galactickates!!

My random is I just figured out how to check my direct messages on here....only took me 3 years lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for the birthday wishes!! :love: 
  • *lurking*

Happy Birthday @galactickates !!!!!!

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY @galactickates!!!!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• sweetyjenjsweetyjenj member
    edited June 2018
    Happy Birthday @AliKay20 !!!! I turned 30 last July and this year has been my best ever :) I had my first child, I am soon a licensed clinician, school and internship are firmly left in my 20's, and we bought our second home that we love. Way more confidence this year, and I know myself better than ever.

Happy birthday @galactickates !!!!! How exciting!!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • the app is BUGGING me!!! It used to work, now it just loads and loads when I try to open the community. I'm wanting to come on here every day, but it's so hard without being able to use my phone instead of my laptop.

Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • DH sand I went to a small wedding last night. I was appalled at how many people were taking photos/videos on their phones during the ceremony. With flashes! The man sitting in front of me recorded the entire ceremony with his flash on. The professional photographer asked him to turn it off because it was interfering with her flash. He just turned it to a different angle :expressionless: 

It was so obnoxious. Wedding photographers are hired for a reason. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• @saltedcaramel518 my friend just recently got married and she had a cell free ceremony for that exact reason. She was no nonsense about it and people were put off about it but it’s her wedding and she had every right to ask that. It’s annoying when people do that. My FIL did it to us and got in the way of some our pics. I got married over 8 years ago so I can’t even imagine how annoying it would be now.

Meimsx no more
  • @saltedcaramel518 we got married in a Catholic church and I even had a sign at the entrance asking people to keep their phones put away and just be present- and we still had people taking all kinds of pictures throughout the ceremony. ugh people!
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • @saltedcaramel518 and that's why as a photographer you have a contract that says if someone else is taking pictures ( and/ or you ask them to stop and they don't) you can walk away from the wedding. 
  • My July13 bump group is currently at a huge get together out east. I am super jealous I’m not with them. My hope is next year they go west so it’s more feasible for me. This is the third one I’ve missed for various reasons and I really want to go. 

Meimsx no more
  • My July13 bump group is currently at a huge get together out east. I am super jealous I’m not with them. My hope is next year they go west so it’s more feasible for me. This is the third one I’ve missed for various reasons and I really want to go. 
    Bummer that you can't make it! My May 17 BMB is planning a trip for Chicago in the fall, and I'm really looking forward to it. We picked a place that was a little more accessible from both coasts. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19.