October 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms 6/13

Re: Symptoms 6/13

• Options
    @sammierose464 I’m so glad you were able to talk a bit and that you’re getting out. I’m right there with you on the anti-social and the depression. I struggle to pull myself out of it so badly since I had Z. I’ve barely been out with friends. 

Have a good time tonight. Eat lots of food for me!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @sammierose464 Sorry to hear you are struggling to connect with DH, but I hope you are able to find some time together this week and find what works best for both of you! Have fun tonight And enjoy that BBQ food truck...food truck night is one of my favs!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sammierose464 - I’m late to the party, but have nothing to add.  Have a lovely time tonight, and I hope things get better as they go.  
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself! 
  • Options
    @sammierose464 sounds like it was a fun night! Glad to hear you enjoyed it
  • Options
    @momoflogan20 I am with you. I  am 24w and felt her a ton last week and this week she is pretty mellow. I  still feel here every now and again so not worrying but still much less than before. They say you shouldn't start counting kicks until 28 weeks. 

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Baby has been moving all over the place. I mostly felt him kicking the upper part of my uterus but today is different. I actually left work early because I was feeling sick (probably unrelated to pregnancy because my coteacjer was also sick) and all day I’ve had the feeling of him punching down. It’s a pretty disturbing sensation and has me s little worried. Anyone else feeling that? I’m 22 weeks.
  • Options
    pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited June 2018
    @jenchoo I've felt like my bladder was being kicked before, not sure if that's what you are describing though...

Oh my God. Probably late to the party, but my nipples started hurting bad yesterday (did not have this issue first tri) So sensitive. I'm wondering if my boobs are about to grow again, they seem to be on the "slow and steady wins the race" path. 

ETA: how do you guys deal with the nips headlighting? It's so bad already for me, unless I'm wearing a thick bra, it's soooo obvious. And it's not like I'm cold, it's 90+ here!
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    edited June 2018
    I’ve just learned to embrace my nips! Yesterday I was going to lunch with coworkers and told them it’s natural, can’t be helped! No shame. @jemmerjams
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    My nips are always hard too! Not sure I can do anything about it
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    @sammierose464 glad you had a good time!

@SweetSweetTooth glad yours went away! I'll try changing my tooth paste too.

@jenchoo Could it be like lighting crotch? 

@jemmerjams like @sliztee said, I've just learned to embrace it! Haha I dont remember having this problem with DS and I honestly dont know other than a thick bra like you said. 
  • Options
    Nips are always on. I’ve stopped caring.

I don’t feel the downward punching sensation, I just feel so much weight right on my groin. It’s getting harder to walk. I don’t know how much longer I’m going to be able to work honestly. Or take care of Z solo. 

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    My nips were very rarely hard before getting pregnant. DH loves that they're so hard now. I usually wear bras that have enough padding you can't see it, but they still aren't hard all the time.
  • Options
    @jenchoo the past 24 hrs I have felt like she was kicking me in the bladder and towards my cervix. Could be the same thing? It’s not the best feeling, I was just telling DH I wish she would reposition and kick me somewhere else!
  • Options
    @jenchoo it most definitely can be the baby head butting. At my AS, we could see my baby doing this to me. Really weird sensation.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    24 weeks and suddenly I can't catch my breath. My lungs hurt constantly. :disappointed:

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @krzyriver me too!  Like, exactly at 24 weeks, I suddenly couldn't breath
  • Options
    The gas is unreal and uncomfortable this week :(
  • Options
    At 24 weeks on Sunday and breathing isnt harder (still get shortness of breath) but I am not as comfortable as I was overall. I think the uterus is really squishing things and my body is NOT happy. we will see if I can survive a yoga class! Did my first one a few weeks ago and holy crap I didn't expect to sweat during a 'slow' yoga. Guess that is what I get for waiting until pregnancy to try yoga! 
  • Options
    I'm seriously bummed. I've been having exhaustion and tightness feeling at the bottom of my ribcage yesterday and today. I've basically just laid around all day and drank as much as possible.  I don't know what else I can do anymor. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    Has anyone experienced pain in their but cheek?? My left cheek feels like a dull deep bruise when I lay down or sit.. just started actually
  • Options
    @mamabearcj - Welcome to the experience of sciatica.  
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I figured that's what it was.. it's been in my lower back mostly, this is the first time I've felt it down my butt. ): I heard running a tennis ball over your back while on your hands and knees helps a bit?? 
  • Options
    @mamabearcj, yup, sounds like sciatica. welcome to the club! I get DH to massage my upper glute/low back to help, but let's be honest, he's practically massaging the butt cheek lol. I have A LOT of tightness in that upper glute area by the butt crack. Hoping my chiropractor visits help!
  • Options
    +1 for sciatica. It reminds me of when I was recovering from a broken tailbone...not something I was really looking to relive! 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @mamabearcj - I haven’t had to deal with it in a long time.  What worked for me was push-ups.  (Yes, it sounds weird, but when I got my core tightened up, my lower back and sciatica issues went away.)

When it first happened, I was like 19-20 years old, and I went to the doctor complaining about lower back pain that radiated into my right butt cheek.  He acted like I was look for a script for pain meds, told me there was nothing wrong and take some Aleve.  (This is probably the second occurrence that has set me on a lifelong distrust of and distaste for doctors.)

I literally discovered it was sciatica about two years ago when one of my play partners leaned an elbow into my sciatic nerve during a scene.  It was like a lightbulb went off and I finally knew what had been dealing with.

Edited because I cannot type tonight.  
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    So not only do I have a giant vericose vein on my thigh, the same leg now has broken capillaries on my calf. So attractive for the summer months  :s
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    Waking up to a cramp in my calf at 2am was a blast!
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 that we me a few nights ago! I almost cried because it happened in each calf separately thankfully. 
  • Options
    Leg cramps have been hitting lately! Dr said if it gets worse I can take magnesium but so far they aren't too bad or consistent. First two sucked and it didn't help both calves cramped at the same time while sleeping. 
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. My husband leaves for a few days at a time to go fishing and has no cell service. When he comes home he's shot and sleeps for another day and is still a zombie for a few days after. (not worth the fresh tuna that I can't enjoy raw)

We had to have a talk about it this week. When he comes home I wish he would ask how i was doing while he was gone/baby updates/ feel the bump. I told him that he makes me feel lonely even when he's home. He's trying to make an effort to be more present even when we are in the same room. I'm also reading this book "The 5 love languages" which is helping me understand what I need out of a relationship. DH is reading it after, so I guess I'm putting him at a disadvantage because I'm seeing clearer than he is. SIDE NOTE: i suggest everyone read this book, it's really eye opening and explains how we all receive love differently and how to give your partner the love they will "receive" the right way. It's an easy read and it extremely eye opening!

• Options
    AFM: I have been having terrible back pain, like someone kicked me in my tailbone! I started going to a chiro (ok'ed by my OB) and it has been working wonders. She just had triplets herself and loves working on pregos so it's fun to chat about becoming a mom. I have to say that it's helped tremendously, now i go once a week and if i'm feeling sore, she puts me back in line. It's also helped with my migraines. she told me that it's good to get adjusted so the "out door" is aligned for baby when it's time for birth.

I'm also having terrible RLS, which I've had before and was associated with anemia. I'm going to address at my next OB appointment, but i notice it's bad if I forget to take my prenatal, so I'm thinking I'm probably low iron without it. My feet are also killing me, but I'm hoping that's from the extra lb's, no swelling yet, knock on wood :)
  • Options
    @chyvie The entire lower half of my left leg looks completely gross because of all the vericose veins. Were suppose to go to the beach tomorrow and I'm dreading it!
  • Options
    @chyvie me too... I have some that are raised up on my calf and thigh. DD asked why my leg was bumpy. I have the bright red and purple patches too that are at times painful and itchy. I just ordered some thigh high compression socks, that should get here today. I hope they help!  :'(
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @nmadjeski and @coffee-saur
    Glad to know I'm not the only one! My varicose vein is also bumpy, which makes it stand out even more! 
    My planter fasciitis is also really bad on that one foot which makes me waddle LOL
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    @chyvie gosh I didn't mean to imply your leg looked gross I'm sorry if that came across poorly! Mine is also bumpy and almost wraps around my leg making my knee cap and calf look deformed. Its starting to go b3hind my knee as well and its really itch and uncomfortable. I want to try the compression socks but being plus size in afraid they wont fit.