Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Chart Stalk and Questions month of June

Re: Chart Stalk and Questions month of June

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly Yas girl! Get it!!!  ;)
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I'll bet you get a temp spike tomorrow morning. I bet you ovulated late night or late in the day yesterday and your progesterone didn't have a chance to catch up yet. I usually get two days of positive OPKs, then a day of nothing, then a temp spike. I guess there's a possibility too of an anovulatory cycle? 

My first cycle after my 2nd trimester was a anovulatory one and it really threw me for a loop.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nomangos23 the pain I felt was around 9pm (getting up to get my nightly icecream ;) ) so it does make sense that maybe my levels hadn't reached the temp spike point. Usually I feel O pain during the work day. I'd be shocked if it were an an-o cycle. *tw, loss mentioned **

This is cycle #3 after loss and I did O between my D&C and first period. 
  • Options
    flory_2018flory_2018 member
    edited June 2018
    Hello! First time poster. Still trying to find the right place to post this question - hopefully I've come to the right place! Have attached my BBT chart below.

Just started temping day after + OPK, so unfortunately no FP temps to compare to. Suspect I did O as previous prog tests have come back in good form. Unfortunately chart got a bit cut off when I took the screen shot. + OPK happened on day 16. 

Post O LP temps have ranged from 36.48-36.6 (97.66-97.88 F). I made the mistake of googling this and learned that post O temps under 98.2 are not optimal and result in increased risk of MC. Yikes.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with low temps in LP? I know sometimes this can be a thyroid thing - but TSH was normal at 1.02. Is there a need to do some work to bring these temps up? Or should I just calm down?!

Thank you :)

• Options
    @flory_2018 I wouldn't worry about the actual temperature. That can vary depending on room temperature and other things. What you're really looking for is a shift in the temperature pattern. Unfortunately that also means that only having post-O temps doesn't tell you much since no one temperature is very significant.

If you'd like to join us make sure you introduce yourself in the intro thread, read the pinned welcome thread and newbie guide at the top of the board and jump into the dailies.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @flory_2018 Also, just for the sake of comparing it’s really nice to use the Fertility Friend app. Pretty much everyone here uses it and I’ve found it’s helpful when I stock others’ charts to learn more that having the same format makes it easier. 
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @meggyme Ah thank you and sorry about that. I tried to post on the intro thread the day I signed up but had to wait, and then today forgot to do it before I posted. Just made a welcome post there.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, appreciate the difficulty without FP temps. We'll see what happens this month then start regularly temping at the beginning next cycle. Here is the one of the articles I read that references the optimal >98.2 for getting pregnant/maintaining pregnancy: https://www.conceivable.com/blog/bbt-patterns-that-indicate-fertility-issues. A few naturopath videos as well referenced higher temps (>98) being optimal for fertility. So have been a pondering this a bit since. For sure I always run cold, have poor circulation and low BP, so perhaps this is all related. Have an appt with an ND in a couple of weeks so will try to break down some of this with her then too.

Thank you!

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @JLaVO888 Yes I've noticed! I started with Kindara a while back and now it has all my data--so have been reluctant to switch :neutral: 
    Perhaps I'll try both next cycle and see how FF works out!
  • Options
    @flory_2018 welcome! I’m not an expert by any means but do you temp orally or vaginally? From what I know, often vaginal temps are slightly higher than oral and could be more consistent. I’m a mouth breather so I think I will switch next cycle and see if that makes any difference. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    LJMoon6LJMoon6 member
    edited June 2018
    @flory_2018 Hi and welcome! Everyone has given you great advice so far but I just want to add that it greatly depends on your thermometer.  All digital thermometers need to be calibrated, turning the heat sensing signal into a value that's displayed on the screen. This is usually done pretty well but there is usually a range that is listed on the packaging that the temperature is within. For example, my thermometer (cheap one from Target) said it was accurate to ±0.4 °F. So what that means is that the value it says on the screen of 97.88, for example, could actually be any value between 97.48 and 98.28. The more expensive the thermometer the more accurate it should be (hopefully). That's also why they say not to switch thermometer mid cycle because the temperature readings will be off. So I wouldn't focus so much on the actual value but rather focus on the temp shift.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @kiki047 yes I've read that too. Perhaps will try next month. Loop back and let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 I had no idea. Thank you for this. I'd been a bit reluctant to start temping and just bit the bullet and bought a cheapie BB thermometer from the pharmacy mid cycle. I'm going to try to temp more regularly next cycle and we'll see how it copes. I use the Kindara app (though did just sign up with FF and manually transferred data from just this month over) - and that app has a special (expensive) thermometer you can buy that automatically syncs the reading with the app and puts it into your chart. Unfortunately it's not available in Canada, though. I quite like the sound of this, because I've been a bit preoccupied with temping since I started and it's been interfering with my sleep a bit - will wake up several times in the early morning thinking about it, and then once I put the reading into my phone I have some difficulty falling back to sleep :neutral: So perhaps I'll look into a similar program? Thank you again for this info - v helpful!

• Options
    @kiki047 @flory_2018 Below is my most consistant oral temping chart. Below that is my first (current) chart temping vaginally. I'm a frequent mouth breather and since I live in New England, weather is crazy right now (somenights its beautiful and we open windows other nights freezing and need 2 blankets). Temping vaginally takes away a lot of those outside influence and I'm really glad I switched.

@flory_2018 as for the temping "anxiety" I get that too. But I am able to go back to sleep after. My therm has a memory (only remembers last result) so I don't enter my temp into my app until I wake for the day. Not sitting up and logging into my phone allows me to stay fairly "asleep" through the process.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly That chart is a beaut!! FX that temp just stays on up there! 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 I'm not gonna lie, I'm in love with it :joy: I open FF multiple times a day just to oogle it lmao. I've got everything crossed that those temps stay too!
  • Options
    Agreed, @JLaVO888. FX for you @prpl11butterfly. I would kill for a chart like that. ❤️ And Thank you for the comparison. What a difference!! 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    I posted in TWW about this, but thought I'd try here too. I've recently looked into the sperm meets egg plan (SMEP) and I think that's something I'd like to try next cycle. I don't O until CD17 or 18 and I think DH and I might get worn out if we start BD EOD starting on CD8. Anyone with a later O day use SMEP and start BD later? I was thinking of starting on CD12 or 13.
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly oh my what a difference that made. Thank you for sharing!!! FX for you too!

@luckywife10 yes we did just that. I typically get a +ve opk fairly consistently around day 16 and if we were to start bding on day 8 we'd most certainly burn out by the end of SMEP. This month we started on day 13, which actually wasn't perfect as we ended up doing 13-15-16-17 ... and of course were worn out after even that so didn't end up doing the 3rd day post +ve opk and didn't to the skip a day one either. With this said, my fertile CM disappeared (and usually disappears) the day after +opk - so I'm pretty sure we were covered and I don't feel too badly about missing days 18 + 20. I think next month we will aim for CD 12-14-16-17-18 (assuming we get the +ve on day 16 again).... but really who am I kidding. Even the best laid plans oft' go awry! :wink:

• Options
    amc772amc772 member

Hi, 
    So this is my first month tracking and trying FF. My temp appears to be all over the place and i'm having a lot of fertile quality CM with cramps over my left ovary for days but no sustained temp rise. Expecting AF tomorrow so I guess I won't have to wait too long before I can test if AF doesn't show. Just seems like my chart is atypical though. Any ideas if I ovulated or not? Not using OPK currently. 

Sorry I accidentally posted as a new thread still figuring out how to reply in line correctly, think I finally got it. 
  • Options
    @amc772 Welcome! I can’t speak for the other ladies, but your actual chart isn’t showing up for me. If your temps are rocky and youre having surges, but no sustained rise, it may possibly be an anovulatory cycle. I had one my first cycle off BCP. It was also like 39 days, which was frustrating. 

Were you previously using any hormonal BC? 
  • Options
    That's weird. Her chart is showing up as my chart from last cycle. Don don don, there's a ghost in here! @TJtheGoat call the priest! 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    amc772amc772 member
    I was using BCPs for 10 years and just stopped them in march. I've had AF in April and May with 30 day cycles. I assumed early on that because I was getting EWCM and feeling pain in my lower left abdomen that I was ovulating but with the temp charting this month now I'm not so sure. I got a stomach bug from what I assume was bad batch of chicken early on this month so maybe that altered things this cycle. I'm considering trying an OPK next cycle to confirm if I'm ovulating. 
  • Options
    @amc772 Yeah I like to have the temps and OPKs because it gives me the before and after for O. IT may just be that your body is still regulating. I was on BCP for like 16/17 years and I stopped in Feb. My cycles are still All over the place and my temps are rocky. Hopefully you will be able to see the pattern soon!
  • Options
    @amc772 your cycles may still be regulating, or your food poisoning may have delayed your ovulation for the month. We like to say you are regular until you are not. Like TJtheGoat said, OPK's are good for predicting O but temping is used for confirming that it actually happened.
  • Options
    kiki047kiki047 member
    edited June 2018
    @amc772 I've had a series of an-ovulatory cycles since coming of BCP in December. Jan and Feb were normal 28-29 day cycles, but March/April was around 60, May was about 35 days. I wasn't temping at the time but based on CM and OPKs I think I've had 3 an-o cycles in a row.

This month isn't looking good either. I had a UTI from about CD11 and finished my antibiotics CD19 so I don't fully trust those temps. I also discarded two because I hardly slept those nights. My temp dropped again yesterday, which means I likely still haven't O'd as of CD35. I stopped my OPKs after I thought I O'd around CD18, but I will start again until I get another + or AF. 

Edited to fix some of the CDs, I was looking at yesterday's chart when I wrote that. And since I'm clearly bored at work today, I'm also adding my chart with RHR added in. Really interesting to compare, especially on those days when I didn't trust my BBT.  

TTC History:

• Options
    amc772amc772 member
    @kiki047 that sounds frustrating having 3 an-ovulatory cycles. My chart this month looks like yours with the erratic ups and downs but it is my first chart. You added resting heart rate what does that tell you regarding your cycle? I had 2 normal length cycles like you and this one feels different with more cramps and more EWCM wondering if i'll follow your pattern and end up with a 60 day cycle this time around. I wish I knew BC can make you irregular after stopping. Everything I read is always saying how fast you may get pregnant after stopping pills but it seems like its not that easy.
  • Options
    @amc772 there's not a lot of information about it out there but RHR should (in theory) correlate with your BBT and follow a similar pattern. It will rise slightly before O and then drop again with AF. There's a bit more info in this thread with some chart examples. I hadn't heard of that before but when it was mentioned on here I thought I'd check it out. I'm a bit of a data whore though so I like having as much info as possible. 

I also wish I knew it could be so difficult to regulate my cycles after coming off BCP. I knew it could take up to a year to get pregnant but I naively didn't think it would be because I wasn't even ovulating. They don't teach you these things in sex ed, lol. 

TTC History:

• Options
    I have a FF question: maybe this is part of the VP membership (which I don't have), but when I'm in the TWW I don't see the DPO numbers on my actual chart below my temps. On some charts I've seen on this board, the DPO are listed just above the cover line underneath each day's temp. I hope I explained that accurately enough. For example, @marebear15 your chart you just posted in the TWW weekend has the DPO listed on your chart.
  • Options
    @luckywife10 Has FF given you the red crosshairs already? It may be a VIP thing but I don't recall off hand. 
  • Options
    @nitnat007 no it hasn't I'm still WTO, but I've never seen the DPO numbers appear on previous cycle charts either.
  • Options
    @luckywife10 I’ve been wondering the same thing! Thanks for asking. @meggyme Do you know? 
  • Options
    It's a VIP feature. 
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Options
    I don’t have VIP and the DPO/cycle day are at the bottom of each calendar day on mine.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    amc772amc772 member

I finally ovulated! Guess I have a long cycle this month. I managed to BD at least once in my FW yay! 
  • Options
    @coco2787 Sorry I should have clarified better (I was out shopping and thought I would give a quick short reply yesterday). On the standard FF you can see your DPO on the calendar view but not on your BBT chart. @amc772 just posted her BBT chart and does have the dpo which is what I thought @luckywife10 was asking about. That is a VIP feature (which I find super annoying that it doesn't come standard).
    *TW* TTC history

• Options
    @LJMoon6 yes the DPO numbers on the actual chart (like amc772 chart above) is what I was asking about. That's silly that that feature isn't on the free version. It's not a huge deal since I see the DPO numbers on the calendar.
  • Options
    How do we feel about dental X-rays during the TWW? We had a dish with ground turkey last night and I found out there were tiny bone fragments in it the hard way. It hurt horribly when I chomped down on the bone fragment and one of the molars is still quite sore even chewing soft things this morning. I'm 5 dpo today and obviously couldn't turn a test today. We did have good timing this month, so there is a real chance I could be KU. I'm afraid this tooth is fractured, but I also don't want to take the risk getting an X-ray if I am KU by some miracle. I know this is a super critical time for a developing blastocycst. WWYD? 
    *TW*

Me: 31 Him: 32

BFP #1 12/30/15 - CP

BFP #2 3/11/16 - DD born 11/16

TFAS since April 2018

• Options
    @general_organa if you think it’s cracked I would err on the side of caution (for yourself) and get it checked. Maybe wait and see if it’s feeling better tomorrow, but tooth issues generally just get worse if there’s damage (I have less than stellar teeth and have definitely been there). With the x-Ray, maybe just tell them you’re trying and it’s possible, they’ll probably just make sure you have an extra big lead “blanket”. Fx it just irritated and will feel better on it’s own though.
  • Options
    @general_organa I went to the dentist around dpo 7 or so and my dentist opted to not do X-rays, but was really going back and forth. For tooth pain/damage I would think the risk/benefit would favor doing X-rays if needed and getting the tooth fixed. They might have you wear extra lead aprons or something.