December 2018 Moms
Options

Unpopular Opinions 5/31

Re: Unpopular Opinions 5/31

• Options
    I did theater in middle and high school and everyone, boys included, wore stage makeup.  Like someone said earlier, it was part of the costume.  I didn't mind putting it on even though I was very anti-makeup in real life until late high school.

And I have two flavors of La Croix in my fridge.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I added some lemonade to my strawberry Perrier and it is amazing.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @coco2787 That sounds nice! Lime Perrier is a road trip fave. But I really love San Pellagrino :heart:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tunneltunnel member
    Re: La Croix - Love it!  I only started liking sparking water last pregnancy, so taste buds do change!
    Re: NA Beer - I recommend St. Pauli Girl NA or Beck's NA for beer drinkers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know I played earlier, but I’ve got another UO on my mind. Not sure how unpopular it is around here, but if someone can’t come up with a reason for expecting parents to not host their own baby showers aside from “tradition”, “etiquette” and fear of appearing “tacky”, then I’m calling BS. 
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    @tumbleweed-1 I will probably plan and host mine!  I did my own wedding shower too! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited May 2018
    *moved what I posted to questions! Nothing to see here, carry on!*
  • Options
    @maureenmce I don't see anything wrong with a second shower. I guess my UO: it's fine to throw multiple showers even if baby #1&2 are the same sex. You should be celebrating that new baby
  • Options
    I think it’s personal opinion! I know many who have done 2 and many who have not. 
    My aunts got into this conversation one night and both points valid. 
    1. People already gave you gifts, cards, showed up, etc once and they shouldn’t be expected to again but will from obligation. 
    2. Every baby deserves a celebration, not just the first one. The ones following are no less important. 

To each their own! 
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited May 2018
    @gorgeousariel and @kristah2 Sorry I ended up moving my post to Questions since I realized it wasn't really a UO, but thank you both for your feedback!!! :)
  • Options
    @runrinserepeat I agree. I don’t think showers celebrate the baby, they are gifting the parents with stuff. 
    I personally would never throw my own, and I think that throwing your own feels gift grabby. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 I am also concerned about being due so close to Christmas. I have said for years (ever since our nephew was born in December) that I would avoid getting pregnant in March because of the December due date.

*TW* However after my MC, I am more glad to be having a healthy baby that I care less than I thought I would. We debated skipping a cycle, but I was so scared that it would take us awhile, that we decided to go ahead *end TW*.

I am considering a repeat c-section, but I will be 39 weeks on Christmas Eve, which is way too close for my liking. Christmas was so much fun with DS last year and I want to experience all of that magic again this year and not be in the hospital for it. I am also a bit concerned about taking down Christmas decor massively pregnant or postpartum. 
  • Options
    Re: Christmas due dates. I'll be honest...DHs Birthday is November 26th. So yes, sometimes it falls on Thanksgiving, but he told me once that even with the month difference he had some presents that were lumped in as Birthday and Christmas. Plus the fact that it's practically thanksgiving most years means it's at least lumped in with that rather than his own party. Not that he wants parties now that he's older, but still lol. So even though we're having to be induced around 38/39 weeks, idk how much solace I take in that, baby will be between two holidays plus daddy's birthday. Planning birthday parties for baby will be interesting...
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 Once baby is old enough for birthday parties that include friends, we may give the option to celebrate his or her half birthday in the summer. As a November baby, I have always been jealous of those who could have pool parties.
  • Options
    @katy0990 I've thought about that. I have a coworker whose granddaughters birthday is right around Christmas and they celebrate her bday in June. But I'm just thinking family at this point. My mom is in Arizona and we're in Missouri, so it may come to a point where she has to choose if she wants to be here for the birthday or for the holiday. Everyone else is close enough that it most likely won't matter too much.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    I totally plan on celebrating the half birthday! I’m a June baby and LOVE summer parties. Besides, DH’s Family has several December birthdays who disliked their combo gifts (that I agree are BS -you knew it was coming up!). 
    However, DH and I didn’t skip a cycle because we’ve been trying and something as simple as a near-holiday birthday wasn’t enough of a deterrent for us (obviously). :smiley:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    DS's birthday is already 6 months from Christmas, so celebrating a half birthday probably won't work for us, either. I feel like there's the off-chance this kid will come around Thanksgiving, which might be a little better than in December, but ... eh. Whatever happens, I'm just happy to have one more baby to snuggle this winter. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 I 100% agree. I did not want a December baby (sorry, little guy). My birthday is December 31st and I've always hated it. I'm hoping baby comes early or at least not super late because I don't want baby born any closer to Christmas than he has to be.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @CecilB93 my bday is the first week of December and sometimes lands near thanksgiving (was always dead week or finals week in college, that sucked). One of my sisters bdays is 2 days before mine, also in December, and my moms&grandmas is 9 days after mine. Lots of birthdays between thanksgiving and Christmas! I never had much problems with the birthdays, but I guess the closer you get to Christmas the further in advance you have to plan and sometimes classmates/friends will be out of town (as the kids get older), that’s just a reality holiday babies deal with. 
    The issue I had with it was the combined gifts, birthday gifts with a Christmas theme, or gifts for me to turn around and make Christmas gifts for others. I’ve always been very into arts & crafts, and once I got a set of red, green, and gold glitter glues and my mom made a comment about the colors of them being for if I want to make Christmas gifts for people, since I love to make things. Uh, thanks mom. You could have not said anything and given me glitter glue because I like glitter? 
  • Options
    @katy0990 two of my siblings have summer bdays and I was always jealous that they got to have outdoor parties. I loved being outside when I was little, but it was always too cold and rainy by my bday for park parties. 
  • Options
    @Hollyyyyy yes!! I'm super excited to not have to plan anything or drive 3 hours for holidays with my ILs!! People understand that they have to come to us this year. I think Thanksgiving is with my ILs, and Christmas is my family. Not sure how that will work. My mom hasn't decided if she wants to fly in for the birth (most likely an induction end of Nov/early Dec) or Christmas. If she comes for the birth then we'll spend Christmas with my dad.

@coco2787 my sister is the youngest in her class. Birthday is July 31st, one day later and she'd be the oldest in her class!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    DD's birthday is 11/23. I feel bad that this LO is due 12/3 and will likely come early - poor E is stuck between holidays AND sharing with her future brother. :D 

+1 on the summer/school thing. I'm a July baby and it bummed me out not getting to celebrate at school, haha!
  • Options
    I have a late June baby and am pumped to have a December baby too. She may even come on Christmas if I go to 41+4 like I did with her brother... but man do I NOT want to go past 40wks again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hbmama21 Being overdue sucks!!

+1 for being thrilled to have an excuse to not have to deal with all the logistics of multiple family gatherings and the drama that always ensues.
  • Options
    So funny y’all. I’m hoping baby comes before our annual tea party, and I’m looking forward to having a tiny baby at all the family gtgs. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    If baby comes before Christmas, I'm afraid everyone will think what a great opportunity it will be for everyone to meet baby. The gatherings themselves don't really bother me they're pretty low key ( except one)  but between both sides we have 4 Christmas' not including our own. It's always ends up with me in tears trying to figure out when were going to see everyone. 
  • Options
    @gorgeousariel that's why we always end up having holidays! It feels like you get no time to enjoy it because you have to run around to make everyone happy. Depending on when this baby makes its debut, I may use the excuse that we can't go anywhere so that everyone has to come to us  :D
  • Options
    I’m also excited for December baby. He (I am guessing-haha) is due December 19th. I will have a cs so hoping to schedule December 21st which will be exactly 6 months apart from my June 21st 1 year old. 

I’m actually a Chrustmas (Dec 25) baby and it did suck as a kid, but I love it now. I will definitely not do what was done to me: no cakes, combo gifts, bday gifts wrapped in Christmas paper, etc. 
  • Options
    My biggest concern with a mid-December baby is being in the hospital for Christmas.  I have an almost 5 year old who obviously loves Christmas and I would feel bad if I had to miss that time with him.  I'm selfishly hoping we'll be able to spend Christmas at home as a family of 4.  I'm due 12/18 and I went into labor on my due date with my son so hopefully this baby is punctual as well. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    @tumbleweed-1 we actually “skipped” a month for this reason. A Christmas birthday sucks. Unfortunately that one time at the veeery beginning of my fertile week was the time it stuck..
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    Re: fake alcohol.
    i just bought a thing from Curious Elixirs (curiouselixirs.com) and I’m pretty excited for it. Something sweet and fruity won’t do it for me. I want something I need to sip.
  • Options
    gorgeousarielgorgeousariel member
    edited June 2018
    @whaat We didnt want a Christmas baby either but I got pg with -4 timing. Go figure.. lol
  • Options
    temmetimetemmetime member
    edited June 2018
    I am not that thrilled over a December due date for the simple fact that DS was born 12/20, so we'll have two December/Christmas babies. The good part is that 1) We can make a big deal of both their birthdays every year to separate it from Christmas and 2) I get out of Christmas party obligations 2 of the last three years! Woo!

ETA I was hoping for a fall baby solely for the nice weather and that it's my favorite time of year. I'm just happy we were able to get pregnant again honestly, so my complaint is a tiny one.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker