December 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinions 5/31

13»

Re: Unpopular Opinions 5/31

• @binxybaby nopenopenopenopenope! We already bailed on thanksgiving AND christmas plans just out of sheer terror of what will happen. No way would i even consider hosting. Maybe he's actually nuts lol 
  • @binxybaby Is he willing to do all the work?
  • Loading the player...
  • @binxybaby we may end up hosting Christmas again. Honestly I am not foo fussed as I’m due 12/27 and was overdue the first time (induced at 40+3). If I am so lucky as to go into labor narurally and early, I’ll take it.

I may decline to have guests staying at our house though. My BIL already asked if we can host again and offered to help with dinner. They don’t know I’m pregnant yet though. 
  • ebk20ebk20 member
    So glad I'm not alone on not being thrilled about a December baby. I always thought any month is fine but December, between the germs, getting screwed with Christmas presents counting as birthday presents, 3 months of winter maternity leave and how busy everyone is in December. We were not trying so I didn't even think about it. But I blessed to be pregnant and think this just must be gods plan.

On the la Croix note, has any tried Spindrift? It is a great summer drink, like la Croix but has a splash of juice that makes it a little sweeter.
  • My only issue with a December baby is being stuck indoors during most of maternity leave due to the weather.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yaaa...who knows with my hubby. Either he doesn't fully understand what's about to happen or he's looking at it as some sort of endurance challenge. He's the type that likes to pile on insane amounts of work to see if he can accomplish it all. He also ran the Dopey at Disney twice (5K, 10K, Half and Marathon in four consecutive days). He's crazy all right! 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @ebk20 I've definitely seen Spindrift but have never tried it. I'm intrigued!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • My only issue with a December baby is being stuck indoors during most of maternity leave due to the weather.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Having winter babies this early in winter is going to blow. I have to march babies and was able to walk outside daily. Not sure what I will do since it will suck leaving the house when it's cold. And being due right around the holiday is scary when you want to celebrate with your kids at home. I'm hosting Christmas because I do it every year but decided we will buy food this time instead of slow cooking meat etc and backing for days. Figured if I have a baby at least my kids have someone to celebrate xmas with. But again...not looking forward to it. Hoping I stay a day off christmas at least. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Yeah, like so many of the rest of you who live in places with long snowy winters, I’m not thrilled about 3 months of winter mat leave. I think I’m probably going to sign up for a couple of mommy & me activities each week to get out of the house a bit. I didn’t do that last time, but with a May baby, we were outside a lot. 
  • @katzalia I have never done those classes with either kids! But breaking free sounds good. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• @mcgeeva I know I’m going to be tempted to hibernate, but I will be much less happy if I do. So - some scheduled activity might help. 
  • binxybaby said:
    So, my husband wants to HOST a Christmas party this year. I'm pretty sure he has completely lost his marbles.
    If all turns out the way we think and get the job we’re looking at, we’ll host a Christmas open house in mid December. I know I’ll go past my due date, so it’s not really an issue.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @binxybaby- when are you due? Maybe he's just excited and wants to show off baby to everyone! But that still sounds crazy to me  :#
    And I like your thinking on the winter due date- way to find the silver lining. Summer is always so busy for us, and it will be nice not to have the tiniest of babies at that time. 
  • @deutschmama I'm due December 3rd. We usually have the party around the 15th
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • snreynolds91snreynolds91 member
    edited June 2018
    @tumbleweed-1 I don't want a Christmas or a December baby because there's so many December birthdays in my family. Hoping baby comes between Thanksgiving and the 1st of December.