October 2018 Moms

Official Crazy Family Thread (May/June)

Re: Official Crazy Family Thread (May/June)

• slizteesliztee member
    DAMN, @chyvie! Kudos to you. You’re amazing.
  • Loading the player...
  • @chyvie your resilience and grit are a force to be reckoned with, lady! I feel so lucky to get to know you a bit better, thank you for sharing your journey.
  • @chyvie that's a crazy story, but it's so great to hear you were able to overcome so much. Grandparents like that are amazing. If it weren't for mine, my life would have been much different.

• jynjer4jynjer4 member
    @chyvie Much respect to you for rising above circumstances you had no control over.  Like @coffee-saur said, I know your grandparents would be so proud of you! I’m really happy for you that you found a good man who has an amazing mom too. Thanks for sharing such an inspiring story!
  • @chyvie wow! what a story! Kudos to you for making such a great life for yourself. Mad respect. 
  • @chyvie you rock girl!!  Way to rise above and yes your grandparents would be very proud of all you have done and overcome!! I wanna be like you when I grow up! 
  • @chyvie Thanks for sharing your story!

@mamabearcj the whole boys don’t wear pink thing is bs.
  • That kind of thinking drives me nuts @mamabearcj My DS1 has a bunch of shirts and shorts with pinks and salmons in them. Just bought a pair of salmon shorts with grey skull and crossbones on them. He loves them. And DS2 wears all 1’s hand me downs, so pinks for everybody! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @chyvie - You are amazing.  Thanks for sharing.  
  • @mamabearcj - My Mom can’t stand that I refuse to find out baby’s sex- because she can’t start buying baby clothes.  (Although she has totally decided it’s a little stegosaurus, even though I’m convinced it is a triceratops - but T-rex is still certainly in the running.)

Even my Dad chided me this weekend for it (as much as he ever chides me).
  • I am so sick of being told I can't put my son in anything pink! It's mainly MIL and it drives me nuts, if theirs pink on it he just can't be wearing it. I guarantee every time we go visit he will be in some kind of pink just to piss her off. DH told her, the babies will wear whatever we put them in whether that be pink, purple, green, blue or black it will not matter. 
    I’m tempted to replace dd’s neon pink stroller for this boy but I’m also like, why waste it? Screw what people think or say.
  • @chyvie I’m so sorry you had such a rough childhood but I am so impressed by how you overcame it. I’m so glad you had your grandparents and you have a wonderful family now. Your little boy is lucky to have such a strong mama!!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @chyvie Your life story is very inspiring, thank you for sharing! You’re little boy is lucky to have a strong, independent mama like you! 
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @chyvie Thanks for being so open and sharing your story!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• That's crazy...
  • @jomama1618 - Wow. She sounds like a piece of work.  I don’t think I’d touch that situation with a 10’ pole.  
  • Ugh, I feel bad for the kid, that’s sad. 
  • +1 for regular updates on this story
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • rc-colarc-cola member
    Late to this thread but just chiming in to say wow @chyvie you are incredibly strong and resilient! Thank you for sharing!
    @mamabearcj next time you get a comment for pink on a boy or blue on a girl remind them that traditionally pink was considered the masculine color and blue was feminine. Lots of sources online if you google it!

• I agree with @SawyerRichardson. I would have had so much trouble being nice.
  • Lmao and a huge eye roll. She is the queen of attention whores! 
  • @jomama1618 wow! I couldn't put up with that. 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• edited June 2018
    I grew up with cats and my parents got a terrier when I went off to college.  My mom won't come to my house because she is allergic to cats and dogs; apparently.  Really mom?  I have a golden retriever, terrier mix and a cat. I think she is embarrassed of our small home.  May be a small home but it is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, with 4 car garage.  I hate how she makes me feel ashamed of my own house.
     When I deliver the baby I'm thinking of telling her don't even bother driving to visit from NC. It isn't like she can help me at home with the baby or kids; right? What do you think? 
  • This is a really petty complaint and I know it - I'm sure things will settle down but right now I am having trouble dealing. 

My boyfriend's mom moved in with us last month - we bought a house that had a separate apartment downstairs with the idea that she would move in there and we could check in on her (she's been hospitalized afew times in the past year for basically not taking care of herself).

She won't stay downstairs. She's been up with us every night! We hint that we want alone time, we tell her flat out we need alone time, nothing helps. I told bf yesterday that he needs to tell her that if she doesn't give us back our space she's never going to get any more grandchildren after this one!

I think she's great, and we have invited her up to dinner and out with us repeatedly, but I haven't gotten to watch my shows in three weeks because she doesn't like them. I just need to be able to relax! Maybe I should go downstairs and watch her TV next time...
  • @drurose this is my fear with if we ever have my mom move in if we finish our basement! No helpful advise here, but good luck!