December 2018 Moms
Options

Genetic Testing Results Thread

Re: Genetic Testing Results Thread

• Options
    mch195mch195 member
    Hmm...thank you for the input. I have another week to make a decision!
  • Options
    @nawmin, I get it, but the opposite! This is our 2nd & last. I have a son. I am *supposed* to get my testing back tomorrow. I am happy to be getting another child, but will have to deal with a huge feeling of loss if it's another boy. Never get to mommy/me outfit, cute girl clothes, princess tea parties... etc. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mommythlegend If it's any matter, I detested cute clothes and princess tea parties as a wee thing, so I would have been a disappointing girl for you :wink:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    orangecrush29orangecrush29 member
    edited May 2018
    Got my NIPT blood work done yesterday... so anxious to get the results(and find out what we’re having!!)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @mommythlegend if there's anything I learned from my sewing groups on FB, it's that boys can still participate in "mommy and me" outfits :) hell, I bought my son and I matching LLR leggings for Christmas (black with candy canes, mine also had Santa's but his didn't). I'm not going to let having boys keep me from doing cutesy matching outfits! 

Re: gender disappointment (to generalize it), we're so hoping for a girl this time. I'd be surprised, DHs family is all males for generations except for his one aunt, so he's most likely to have sons over daughters. And though I think this baby is another boy, I'm still hopeful for a girl!! So I'll be a little upset if it's another boy especially since DH is done after this one, so I understand your ladies' feelings.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    I did my NIPT (Harmony) on Monday and I'm waiting the results now... I guess it will be delayed due to memorial day.
    I'll let you guys know when I get the results. Keep fingers crossed!
  • Options
    I’ve been on the phone all morning trying to figure out costs. The Counsyl is $750 with insurance and $350 without. However if you chose 350 it is not paid toward your deductible. So I’m calling my insurance, where I had my scan and lab work, and my doctors office trying to get codes that insurance needs, so I can make my decision of how to pay. Why is this so complicated? 
    I got screwed over with bills last pregnancy because I was billed incorrectly. It was finally corrected but I had to fight and get collectors calls. However- I’m noy paying for something that I shouldn’t have to pay for. That is why I have insurance. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @jessiestg1980 I'm from Canada! I used the Panorama Test (and far as I know it isn the covered by any insurance company yet) I paid $550 Canadian - worth every penny for a low risk result and our baby's gender! I had to call the company and they sent me requisition I took to my MD to fill out and the lab kit you bring to any lab. Small price to pay as everything else healthcare wise is free (covered) in Canada :)  
  • Options
    @Activebaby that's a difficult decision to make- more money that goes towards your deductible or less money that doesn't. I called Counsly this morning to figure it out for myself. Apparently they are out of network for everyone in FL.  So my max out of pocket would be the self pay $350. But it sounds like I qualify for their access program. Did you look into that? 
  • Options
    @jessiestg1980 I'm from Canada! I used the Panorama Test (and far as I know it isn the covered by any insurance company yet) I paid $550 Canadians - worth every penny for a low risk result Andrea baby'/ gender! I had to call the company and they send me requisition I took to my MD to fill out and the lab kit you bring to any lab. 
    Andrea?
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @Activebaby that's a difficult decision to make- more money that goes towards your deductible or less money that doesn't. I called Counsly this morning to figure it out for myself. Apparently they are out of network for everyone in FL.  So my max out of pocket would be the self pay $350. But it sounds like I qualify for their access program. Did you look into that? 
    Yes I do. Thank you! I am just trying to figure out what will be cheaper in the end. I talked to my insurance company for a long time (30 minutes) and asked every question I could think of. Lol at least I feel better informed, yet scared of the upcoming cost. My insurance is alright, it’s just so expensive to have a baby!
  • Options
    @Activebaby Is Counsyl your only option? Panorama offered a similar out of pocket vs through insurance option but their costs were lower for me. I believe Maternity2 or whatever the other company is was less too. Also, I forget are you AMA?
  • Options
    @Activebaby Is Counsyl your only option? Panorama offered a similar out of pocket vs through insurance option but their costs were lower for me. I believe Maternity2 or whatever the other company is was less too. Also, I forget are you AMA?
    Counsyl is the only option at my Ob. I am AMA, so this is medically covered, but haven’t met my deductible this year (I think I’ve spent 0) so I’ll owe the 1st $850. Which means I might as well pay for this, get closer to the 850, then I only owe 15% of everything else coming up. Spending money makes me anxious. 
  • Options
    @Activebaby Gotcha. That just seems so high if you're AMA! I'm sorry! I think mine was $250 ish after insurance, via panorama. I get nervous spending money too, but at least we're lucky with our December babies that all the costs will probably be in one calendar year. But I'm sorry it's not cheaper!
  • Options
    @Activebaby Gotcha. That just seems so high if you're AMA! I'm sorry! I think mine was $250 ish after insurance, via panorama. I get nervous spending money too, but at least we're lucky with our December babies that all the costs will probably be in one calendar year. But I'm sorry it's not cheaper!
    So thankful for an early dec due date. If it were late December, I may have chosen to process it without insurance. I feel stupid about these things so I will ask h to help me look over it. I’m afraid of making a poor decision. 
  • Options
    @Activebaby I'd try not to stress too much - if you think you'll meet your max out of pocket anyway (we definitely will with delivery) the money will get spent one way or the other! But definitely have your husband help you choose for peace of mind, since it's worrying you! Hugs!
  • Options
    Thanks @maureenmce h is so chill about these things. I’m the one searching for coupons (not literally in this situation, but I’ll definitely search for deals)! 
  • Options
    @coco2787 Yay!!
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @coco2787 Congratulations!!! <3
  • Options
    Congrats @coco2787
    Im still waiting on my results. I keep checking online and it says final clinical review...it’s been on that all day long! I’m impatient.
  • Options
    Congrats @coco2787 !!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations @activebaby!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on all of the baby news today! 
  • Options
    @coco2787 @Activebaby @hbmama21 Congrats everyone!!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    Congrats @Activebaby and @hbmama21!
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @mommythlegend YAY! I was looking for your update - awesome news! 
  • Options
    Congrats mamas!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hoosiermama-2 Interesting. We just did my Harmony blood draw today (11 weekish) and we know our insurance won't cover it. We were told it would be about $130. Where are you located? Perhaps it's different based on location?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @omnommer Ah, good insight! I am in central Indiana.