September 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms!! ...weeks of 5/14 & 5/21

Re: Randoms!! ...weeks of 5/14 & 5/21

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @BusinessWife that sounds awful! Nice of you to help, I wouldn't know where to start! I hope this next week goes by quickly for you and you get to enjoy 2 days off in a row for memorial day.
  • Options
    Yeah @nlc8424 we got the water out, first of all, then they were able to restart the sump pump, and we salvaged a pretty special box of photos that got wet.  Then someone said MIL should probably eat so the decision was made it was time to hit the diner.  Uh.... tell me why I loaded the truck full of rubber boots, gloves, cleaning gear etc. and drove over an hour out here?  ... to help dry pictures???  Sigh.  Seems like all the heavy lifting always falls on DH, cos one BIL was "too busy," to stick around, and the other is just....??? I'll bite my tongue now.  LOL

I'll try to do what I can here, but I also have to try to turn in here somewhat earlyish.  DH won't be home till quite late, and I've learned the hard way, if I try to stay up and wait, I will just be too sleep-deprived.  At least if he wakes me up after I've slept a few hours, maybe it won't be so bad tomorrow. :/
  • Options
    @magnolia305. Yeah, I guess you're right. Karma or not, coming out was absolutely the right/only thing to do, I just wish I could have done more...

@stothi OMG!  How scary!  I am a big-dog gal, so I'm not sure if I knew the dog I still would have been quite so scared? (We have a big one and a little one.)  But I will say, fwiw, as long as it took us to get this tiny human growing, I'm glad that means we've had that much more time to bond with and get to know our new big guy, (who turned 2 this year).  Knowing what a good boy he is, I am so grateful to have a dog I can trust.  Granted, I will be watching all those early interactions like a friggin HAWK! But still, I know he's going to make me proud and be an awesome big fur-brother. :blush:

And being 125+ lbs., you better believe he wouldn't last long in our house when baby comes, if he weren't!  :# lol  glad your friend's dog was well-behaved, too. ;)
  • Options
    @stothi that’s scary!!! We have two dogs and I had a similar moment with DD yestetday. Our 15 year old bichon got plopped on accidentally and I swear instead of your life flashing before you, the bite/snap flashes before you. Instead, our old guy barely lifted his head to notice. 

I can’t even imagine how scary it would be with an unknown dog. 
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @BusinessWife I love big dogs and little dogs and medium dogs. I'm pretty much equal opportunity with my dog love/like. I just didn't know this particular dog well enough to know how she's react to 30 pounds of random child with flailing knees and elbows falling on her. By my best guess she's in the 60ish pound range, so not huge, but bigger than our dog. My 13 pound dog has been completely unflappable in over 2.5 years of my kid's bs- except for the one time he full on fell on her. That time I heard her snap at him and my kid says that she did bite him. I think that's why I was so scared. I still get to urge to pee a little just thinking about it.
  • Options
    stothistothi member
    @Lcardinal04 yup! Exactly.
  • Options
    @stothi Yikes!  Yeah, our little dog can be a little on the grumpy side, so I wouldn't put it past him to nip if it came to it. :/ but nothing major, he does these grouchy warning nips. Little bugger! :angry:

Now FIL had a dog at his house for a while there, (SBILs), who I absolutely Do Not trust, and he even bit my niece's face!!!  :s  ...when she was attempting to ride him and pulling on his ears.  But still.  It's true, you never know what's going to be the straw that could set them off.  :/
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @stothi that is scary! It's taken nearly 2 years for my younger big (90 lb) dog to get used to DS and not snarl and growl at him whenever he gets close. He still does growl and he still prefers to keep his distance, but we've had a few occasions of them sitting together on the couch or in closer proximity without there being an issue. I still patrol their interactions like a hawk, but I'm hopeful that the worst is past us (only to start again in about 4 months). 
  • Options
    @magnolia209 that's so funny! My boy hangs out on my bladder all day long and I picture him bouncing on my bladder weightless like in space, bouncing like on a trampoline in slow motion :D
  • Options
    @lilidubs haha! That’s an amazing image. But, I’m sure that’s making you have to pee all the time! 
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    i picture mine using my bladder like a punching bag like in boxing movies. It’s not fun 
  • Options
    @magnolia209 if I picture it like that, at least I can't be too annoyed cause he's having fun  :D oh I live in the bathroom now... 
  • Options
    Those of you who have had sinus infections, did you go to your OB, GP or just urgent care? 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 Good question! I was wondering that last week. I think I've mostly beaten it on my own now, but I felt so bad last week that I was close to trying to figure out who to go see. 
  • Options
    I ended up calling and went to urgent care. I legitimately feel like someone broke my cheek bone and kicked teeth out of my mouth. 
  • Options
    AsunshinekAsunshinek member
    edited May 2018
    @Patience7150 I called my OB when I had a sinus infection. They called me in an antibiotic no issue. 
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @Patience7150 oh you poor thing, I hope they prescribe some antibiotics and they kick in ASAP! 
  • Options
    Wow @Patience7150! I hope they fixed you up. Did they give you medicine? Did they treat you differently or seem concerned about your pregnancy? 

• Options
    @nlc8424 Yep! I had insomnia too last night. We went to BuyBuyBaby to look around pretty late last night and then of course I was up all night thinking about all of the things we need! And, my bed felt like I was sleeping on concrete. I was so uncomfortable! And, yes, man coughs/sniffles are so annoying! I hope your H gets better quickly. 
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @magnolia209 sorry you had some insomnia too. Thanks for the well wishes for my H, hopefully he will be on the mend soon. Luckily he hasn't been complaining too much about being tired/sick otherwise I'd have to deck him (jk). 

I have a checklist app on my phone and I started a list and I'm already feeling better.

Also, H and I decided on an immediate family only party for DS for his birthday next month. Whew! There will be 15 of us instead of 45, this is a huge relief! 

• Options
    stothistothi member
    Count me in for team insomnia with a side of anxiety. I had myself convinced I was totally chill with my lack of preparedness and that everything would be just fine in regards to being ready for this new baby. Then I couldn't sleep. My bed morphed into a slab of concrete just like @magnolia209 's and the overwhelming need for a to do list ala @nlc8424 kicked in and then I was SO FREAKING HUNGRY that I had to get up and eat half the kitchen at 2am. Ugh. Total poop night. I keep having these just out of nowhere mini panic attacks over having another baby. My firstborn did not sleep. He is 2.5 and still doesn't sleep through the night but the first 4-6 months of his life he slept so little and screamed at much that I'm freaking the f*@$ out that this one won't sleep either and that this time I'll actually die from exhaustion.  (I'm pretty sure I've already said it, but it's on my mind more the father along I get.) The first months of my kid's life were absolutely brutal and I'm scared to go back to that.
  • Options
    @stothi @nlc8424 I've said here many times that you all who have kids already AND are pregnant are my heros. I don't know how you do it and yet we are planning to try for #2 after not too long because of our ages. Sorry we all suffered last night. I got into work this morning and my co-worker friends had made this incredible wild raspberry coffee. I'm slowly sipping it and easing into my day (I'm in CA - it's still early here!). It's helping a lot! 
  • Options
    nackienackie member
    @nlc8424 how did you end up with the poop scooping job while the boys played?
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @nackie I somehow always end up scooping poop lol. I think it bothers me the most, partially because one of my dogs is gross and will eat it and partially because I don't want DS to step in it or pick it up. My H does literally all of the other outside work, so I'm mostly okay with it.
  • Options
    jumpy57jumpy57 member
    @stothi @nackie @nlc8424 I'm the designated poop scooper in our house! And I also did some scooping tonight. I begged to get the dogs (DH likes them but they were my idea both times) so I do the majority of the maintenance work. DH is good about feeding and helping with stuff if I ask though. DD likes to walk the yard with me and point out poop  :D