July 2018 Moms

FFFC 5/4

2»

Re: FFFC 5/4

• I am one of those ladies who will spend the money to get a mani/pedi every 3 weeks. It's one of the rare things I do for myself. It also gives me time to spend with my mom and sister without having to deal with husbands and/or kids. I always have a color on my toes. Right now I have something called sns on my hands (not acrylic or gel). I'm pretty sure this will all stop though once baby comes. So I'll keep enjoying it until then.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @zande2016 I could have written that! I am all about the pedicures and need one so so badly!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • @runsomewhere your last post explained a lot. I could have written what @gingerbride26 said, except I love to eat. Cooking takes so long especially because my meals are more involved and require a lot of prepping of meat and veggies. We also don't eat out more than once a month. You could say replace your eating out 2-3x a week with our freezer meals and that's why it makes sense.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • I love the end result of a mani/pedi but hate spending time just sitting there. I probably get a pedi 3-5 times a year
     Nails I try and get them done maybe twice in a row and then get frustrated because they don’t last with working in the hospital
  • I love getting manicures and pedicures but I'm lazy and don't want to spend the $$ to maintain so occasionally I'll just do my nails.because it's warm where I live, I prefer spending the money on a pedi, especially now that reaching is not exactly easy...
    I do plan on splurging on a gel manicure for the shower and do it again before the baby is born just to feel a bit put together.
  • @flockofmoosen3 your reason is why freezer meals might be hard for me! I love to cook and I love food  but when we had DS we didn't have anything prepped but ate a lot of frozen food at that point or take out because we had the hobby farm AND I worked so I didn't really have time to cook involved meals every day...frozen food/take out was really common, and it was just easier to do that (honestly the prep list scared me for frozen meals). Now I cook pretty involved meals every day but I LOVE doing it...I'm thinking I'll have to give the freezer meals at least a half assed try this time because we aren't near anything take out wise and there is a possibility I won't feel like cooking/won't have time, but I'll miss the actual daily cooking.
  • I plan on doing some freezer meals but not a crazy lot, mostly I'm going to have my mom make a huge lasagna when she is here and that for sure will go in the freezer. I do like having a couple of chili bowls in there as well as a few burritos (usually beans veggie and cheese ones) but I also get tired of having the same thing over and over and feeling like I have to eat it. I will miss daily cooking too as I'm used to do that and sometimes DH and I do it together. Hoping that the instant pot will save on time and still allow us to make some fresh meals. Since it's summer it will be big salad and cold dishes for a while anyway!

I'm thinking while my mom is here she could help me with meal prep on Sundays for example and I can make a big batch of something like a pasta salad for the week instead of freezer meals for example.
  • @kissableviv I know people who do ALL their big meal prep on Sundays, which sounds amazing to me...I just don't know what I would prep before hand to save time besides doing the chopping, or cooking the proteins?
  • @SmashJam that's mostly what I do. A big batch of soup in the instant pot, some grilled/baked chicken, wash and prep some fruit. I used to do overnight oats and chia pudding but since I started working from home I have less of a need to have breakfast food or lunches ready and DH will  will usually make his own sandwich for lunch. I don't usually spend more than 2 hours cooking on Sundays (including cleanup)
  • @runsomewhere that makes a lot of sense! You're right I was thinking total time not prep time.  Totally agree the eating out and the freezer meals are equal in our family dynamics!  We're already used to kind-of meal planning on Sundays where we pull out frozen meat and leave on a tray in the fridge to defrost for the week, so we just pull out a couple freezer bags on Sunday and throw in the crockpot before work when DH has his morning cereal at home and we give the dog his meds.  I could totally see that not working if we weren't already in the kitchen in the morning.  

I for one am happy to not have a shower this time...summer is already way too busy and I'm a major introvert.
    I used to get gel manicures every two weeks, made me feel feminine and I would go after work with a GF and gab while we got manicures, stopped after kids but I have a pile of jamberries for when I want to feel fancy.  I do love getting my toes done in the summer though, feels good and I love the pop of color.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker