TTC After a Loss

May TWW

Re: May TWW

• teenibeeteenibee member
    edited May 2018
    So... about I’m about 10dpo AF due tomorrow or Wednesday, woke up this morning and POAS like usual ... and there was a faint line on a FRER! Popped up within the time frame... Having a hard time believing it’s real or going to stick this time after coming off of two losses. FX it sticks!!!! Not sure if I should tell hubby tonight or wait for another positive tomorrow morning?? I’m so scared and confused. Third time seeing a BFP in the last 10 months so it’s hard to stay optimistic. 
  • Mack2342Mack2342 member
    edited May 2018
    @teenibee congrats but it’s against bump to post pic of pregnancy test you might want to remove it
  • Loading the player...
  • teenibeeteenibee member
    edited May 2018
    Oh ok sorry I didn’t know I’m new at this 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Congrats, @teenibee!! Definitely understand not being optimistic after two losses, I hope this one sticks! Fingers crossed!

About forum rules, it’s a good idea to read the Forum Guidelines (it’s a stickied topic) before posting!
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Ugh I’m spotting now, at 3dpo. This happened last unsuccessful cycle of trying too, as well as the cycle when I was pg, so I’m not seeing it as a symptom of anything possibly pg-related, but I am worried it could be a hormonal imbalance. What if my loss was due to low progesterone levels? What if it means I’ll be at risk for more losses? Hopefully it’s nothing, but I hate that I worry about every little thing. It’s exhausting!
  • It's impossible to not worry about every little thing. Loss messes with your mind. And it is for sure exhausting! FX that it's nothing, means nothing, and you turn up preg!
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the reassurance! Of course today is super slow at work too, so I was obsessively googling all morning until I decided to channel my obsessiveness into something (sort of) productive, so now I’m shopping for kitchen gadgets on Amazon instead. :p
  • @grebretso if you’re worried about hormone imbalance could you ask your doctor to check your progesterone level to help put your mind at ease or possibly be started on progesterone supplementation if it does turn out to be low?? Can’t hurt ! That’s what they are there for.  
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Thanks @teenibee! I could go to the doctor, but if I went after every time I google myself to a potential issue I’d never leave the doctors office. Since I have no other symptoms of low progesterone (my cycles are regular and my lp’s are normal length), I’ll chalk it up to something insignificant for now.

I just need to get a grip really. If I end up unsuccessfully ttc for a long time, or experience another loss, I’ll go to the doctor for sure. I’ve only had one well-timed cycle (this one) since my loss, so chances are I’ll be fine. 
  • @grebretso sometimes women have ovulation spotting so who knows! It is sooo hard to not worry and obsess over all the details. Like, I am CD2 and it's wayyyy light today. What does that mean? I dunno, probably nothing. My periods were light before my first pregnancy and this is only the 2nd cycle since my D&C.

... yet  here I sit, worrying about it.

On the plus side, I have been using my menstrual cup and it's a more comfortable this month than last month. Probably a good sign of healing progress!

@teenibee - my congrats to you!!
  • 40momma40momma member
    @grebretso googling is the worst! I once googled 'are hiccups an early sign of pregnancy' and 'Can eating dairy make you miscarry'. Seriously I'm a nutcase when it comes to Google 
  • BFN this morning.  Yesterday I had these sharp stabbing pains in lower abdomen and last time I had them I was KU.  I’m hoping that I tested too early but it’s more likely just my crazy brain. 
  • 9DPO and at that point in the month where I just want to go to bed so I can wake up and POAS.  I'm going with the "testing early so I'm not so disappointed when I get a BFN later on" method this month.  As though frequent exposure to that glaring white will somehow make it less crushing at 14DPO.

@Mack2342 I hope it's just too early for you.

To all the ladies Googling; I hear ya.  My notes section in FF is just bizarre.

• @bakerstreetboys that’s exactly how I feel about early testing.  You can still hold out hope but when it continues to be negative it’s not so bad on day 14.  
  • edited May 2018

Send the men in white with large nets to take me somewhere without internet.   Or knock me out for a couple of days.  Dizzy, no appetite, nipples feel weird.  Must be pregnant, and maybe even with twins because at 9DPO the symptoms are so strong.  Cannot roll my eyes hard enough at myself.

ETA: I'm also on progesterone, which would be the rational explanation for everything :D

• BFN at 10DPO helped to battle the BSC.  I'm taking the day off work though because my emotions are all out of whack and I'm weepy.  
  • Sorry @bakerstreetboys.   I hate those days. Still hoping it’s too early 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Still spotting over here, at 5dpo. It’s not getting lighter either, if anything it’s getting slightly worse? It went from light pink to dark brown and now bright red. I have no clue what’s going on with my body. I have a busy weekend ahead of me, but I think I’ll actually get a doctors appt for early next week if this doesn’t stop, because this is not normal. Ugh.
  • @grebretso I think an appt is a good plan. Hopefully they can get you in quickly and sort things out.
  • I agree make a dr appt @grebretso
  • I took a cheapie today and BFN.  Can’t decide if I want to take another tomorrow or Saturday for confirmation of negative.  I only have one FRER left 
  • @grebretso An appointment sounds like a good idea.  It can't hurt....
    @Mack2342 I had my fingers crossed that you'd be posting good news today.  I know you're a couple of days ahead of me...are you 12DPO today?  I'd be all over the FRER by now, but then I have no will power.
  • etnyahetnyah member
    @Mack2342 If you have the will power I’d say wait til Saturday. When I was pg nothing showed up on FRER until 13dpo, and even then it was so faint I thought I imagined it. Only two more days!
  • @bakerstreetboys and @grebretso I’ve had one pregnancy that didn’t show up until 21 DPO and another where I was negative at 12 DPO but positive at 13 so I don’t want to waste my one test.  
  • Wow!  In my own personal experience, a late BFP ends in loss   Every month I’m torn between not wanting a positive after 12DPO, and wanting to know if I have a CP so I can add it to the list so my RE takes me seriously. 

Makes sense to save the FRER :)

• etnyahetnyah member
    @bakerstreetboys I've only had that one pregnancy and it ended in a loss, so yeah... maybe my stats aren't the best to compare with for anyone hoping for a bfp. :p 
  • @grebretso The stats are so skewed online.  The official sites always say to wait until at least the day your period is due, which for me used to be about 14DPO, but you always read about people getting BFPs at 9 or 10DPO.  With my DS, I got a definite positive at 10DPO,  with my CP it was super faint at 14DPO, and with my MMC it was 13DPO.  Of course I found tons of stories at the time from women who didn't get BFP until 14DPO or way later, and they went on to have perfectly healthy pregnancies!  It's such a mind game (to put it politely) every month.
  • @bakerstreetboys and @grebretso with my DS I didn’t test until 14 DPO and with first loss I didn’t test until 14 DPO too.  It wasn’t until after that loss that i started testing early.  My next one was 21 DPO and then 13 DPO.  I don’t think any of it means anything really 
  • Well I caved and BFN.  I didn’t want to delay AF since taking progesterone 
  • @Mack2342 Sorry :( I’ll be using a FRER tomorrow too and when I get a BFN I’ll be stopping progesterone. It’s kicking my butt this month even though it never has before.  
    What’s next for you?
  • @bakerstreetboys I have enough meds for one more round of IUI.  So hopefully I can do that.  After that we may stop trying or just go back to natural not sure.  Some days I want to be done trying as it’s been 2 yrs and others days I don’t want to give up.  The one thing I have going is my first 3 pregnancies were natural only this last one was with treatment.  For me it was loss and the fact that it was taking 9 months to get pregnant so my hope was treatment would get me there faster and it didn’t still took about 9 months
  • edited May 2018

@Mack2342 Ah.  I wasn't sure if this was the last round you had meds for, or if it was one more.  That's good at least :)  I'd definitely say that's a good thing that you had three natural pregnancies.

Do you find that the progesterone affects you more some months than others?  It really messed with me this month :/

• Well im out... got bfp 10dpo on May 7 ... lines were getting darker but today line was barely there. Third loss in a row. Going to see an RE Later this month as per my OB Recommendation. Heartbroken yet again. 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Oh no @teenibee, I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this again. :( I hope the RE will be able to help you. In the meantime, I hope you are able to do something nice for yourself this weekend! You deserve a break. 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    Ugh so I won't be able to get an appointment until the 21st. I was hoping to maybe get my hormone levels tested next week, but on the 21st AF will be in town so they won't be able to check my progesterone. Who knows, maybe I'm pg right now and by the 21st I'll know, in which case that's a good date to test betas. Highly doubt it though, this type of spotting is not exactly normal in a pg cycle. 
  • @teenibee I’m so sorry you are going through this again 

@grebretso I’m sorry things aren’t lining up and your body is being confusing.  That’s frustrating and just adds to this sh*t journey.  I hope things turn around for you soon
  • @teenibee Sorry to hear that this is happening to you again :(

BFN and temp drop for me this morning.  Just going to spend the day crying on and off.  Really thought this was the month because I felt like such crap.
    Good luck to the other ladies still waiting.
  • Sorry @bakerstreetboys it really does suck.  Hugs to you
  • Temp drop this morning and craps. I’m sure the ugly witch will arrive this morning 
  • @Mack2342 :(  on the temp drop.  I hope you have a nice Mother's Day with DS.