December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms - w/o 4.30

Re: Weekly Symptoms - w/o 4.30

• Options
    I'm so glad people have mentioned invisible nausea! This is exactly how I have been feeling since the start! I couldn't tell if I was making it up in my head or if it was a legit thing. Glad I'm not the only one.

@PensiveCrayon the only time I have really gotten anything significant in terms of nausea is after I eat! Which sucks because I generally have a low appetite lately and then when I do feel like eating it often makes me feel worse. It also is usually only happening in the evening for dinner. 

@asun123 I also have been feeling very itchy today in fact!

@hkom happy to hear your nausea has subsided. I'm sorry your spotting is causing you to worry! I'm sure all is good and it's just old blood, but I hope it stops soon to put your mind at ease!
  • Options
    Today I have the invisible nausea, hurty boobs, and want to lie in bed all day. Protein helps my tum, but the thought of eating is gross. I’m going to try to eat some oatmeal for lunch. FX!

But on the upside, my skin is clear, so that’s extra awesome (this time last pregnancy I was all zits, yay)!

I bought some of these soft bras a few weeks ago (I still can’t believe that I gained a cup in week 4-5) and I :heart: them. I also heart the price. Subscribe & Save is a favorite. 

My skin too!! *high five*! I am so happy to not look like a hormonal teenager this time around. I finally feel a little glow-y when it comes to my skin for the first time ever during a pregnancy (only took 4!)

That's as far as feeling good goes. I'm super burp-y (is that a word?). Fat. Nauseous. Cranky. And exhausted. I'm going to eat a reese's peanut butter egg and pass out. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same with mostly clear skin. I’m wondering if that means I’m carrying a girl, or if my hormone theory is 100% bunk. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    Same with mostly clear skin. I’m wondering if that means I’m carrying a girl, or if my hormone theory is 100% bunk. 

I'm trying to not get my hopes up, but I'm wondering the same for me. All 3 of my other pregnancies (all boys), my face was a hot mess. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @rawarr 1/2 a unisom and 25 mg of B6 before bed have been taking the edge off for me. I can now pretty much get through the day with just annoying nausea. 
  • Options
    @rawarr
    smaller meals helps me, and carbs.  I snack on goldfish, cheerios, crackers.  Sour hard candies helps. When I am feeling especially barfy without the barf I drink a small can of ginger ale.  Lately, its the bigger meals that sets me off, If I remember to eat smaller amounts all through the day it feels more manageable. Oh and orange juice right in the morning seems to help too.
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    Jens_Hoes said:
     Oh and orange juice right in the morning seems to help too.
    Grapefruit juice has been my savior.  Mostly first thing in the morning, but throughout the day as well if I feel I need it.  It immediately takes the edge off for me.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have a terrible headache that is on day 2 and nausea. And I am exhausted. 6 weeks pregnant today so everything is just starting for me!
  • Options
    kadeephdkadeephd member
    edited May 2018
    Deleted because I accidentally posted to the wrong thread.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah I'm jumping on the nausea train to......I dont like this train. Also been getting horrid migraines, and my nips are always hard now which is making them extremely painful. Been having lots of back pain and lower tummy cramps. And yes the mood swings are still in full..... swing....lol idk
  • Options
    Hurty bigger than usual boobs ongoing.  Mild waves of potential nausea here and there. I say potential because it could just be anxiety. This week I am feeling a bit more crampy.  Well, not so much what I'd call crampy, but I can feel things going on that previously I wasn't feeling.  When I wasn't feeling them I was worried about not feeling them, and now that I am feeling them I am worried about feeling them. Some mood swings here and there. Exhaustion by dinner time most nights; this has been ongoing since the very beginning. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40 | SO: 32

DDs: 11, 7.5 |  Due: 22-Dec

We're having another GIRL!!  <3

• Options
    @asun123 Wow! I didn’t know that was possible. It is ironic to me that I am able to express any this pregnancy because BFing my son was such a struggle. I had to take supplements, have months of appointments with a LC, and pump to even have enough.
  • Options
    asun123asun123 member
    katy0990 said:
    @asun123 Wow! I didn’t know that was possible. It is ironic to me that I am able to express any this pregnancy because BFing my son was such a struggle. I had to take supplements, have months of appointments with a LC, and pump to even have enough.
    I was the same. I struggled the whole time and was only able to BF for maybe 2 months with my first and 3 months with my second before I just quit because I couldn't produce enough (plus was going back to work). But for some weird reason I have NEVER stopped producing. I tried pumping not too long ago just to see how much would come out and it was barely anything. 
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    clbnessclbness member
    I went to the chiropractor and got my ribs popped back in to place yesterday (I had 3 out of place, what?!).  I just can't believe it's happening so early this time.  With my DD, it started around 12 weeks...I'm not even 7.  Ugh, this is going to be a long pregnancy!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I’m so nauseous, hungry and tired all the time, if I eat anything I get so bloated and my nausea gets a thousand times worse. I’m already stocking up on maternity pants because I can tell this is gonna be like last time where I couldn’t handle any pressure on my stomach.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Kind of posted this elsewhere but for anyone who might be lurking this thread worried about their lack or disappearance of symptoms I just wanted to share that it doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I had fatigue and sliiigghtly sore boobs the first two weeks and some mild cramping/pain in my right side and no real nausea or anything else. And then I woke up one day and felt absolute nothing! I wouldn’t have even know I was pregnant. I really got in my head about it, especially after having a prior early loss. But today I had my appointment at 7w4d and little nugget is doing great. My doctor said that my lack of symptoms didn’t mean anything at all and that everything looks great. So I hope this provides reassurance to ladies who have similar symptoms as me and/or lack there of!
  • Options
    hkomhkom member
    Thanks @nerdeebird,  I needed to hear that today.  Most of my symptoms have completely disappeared over the past week and I have to wait 3.5 weeks for my next appointment.  *tw* The Bump decided to put an MC article at the top of my page today and if course my stupid self read it and I've been so anxious all day now.*

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    @hkom I read that stupid article too  :(
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    hkomhkom member
    texas_t said:
    @hkom I read that stupid article too  :(
    They need to hide those things at least a little bit so people (me) don't go crazy

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @hkom I'm glad it was helpful! I feel like life/the information we're given before getting pregnant never really properly prepare us for the anxiety and stress of the first trimester! It's so hard to know what's normal and what's not...and hard to not jump down the rabbit hole thinking worst case scenarios! Hope the time flies by until your next appointment!
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    I’ve been feeling very tired and on the verge of throwing up but my husband still has the flu and my son is now getting sick so they win I guess.
  • Options
    whaatwhaat member
    Also I never understood the unisom+B6. B6, yes. It helps with nausea and it gives you a little energy. But if we are all tired, why tf would you take unisom? Do people only take it at night? When I see it discussed, it sounds like it’s not just limited to night.
  • Options
    @whaat most people take the Unisom/B6 at night, but it can be taken every 8 hours.  It definitely makes you tired but you do adjust after a while and it doesn't affect you as much once you get used to it.  Every nausea med I got from my OB also had drowsiness as a side effect so there's really no winning.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    I'm taking a medication prescribed by my doctor. I have to take 2 pills but I take them at night so I can go right to sleep. It's not ideal but the dose is once every 24 hours so it does the trick!
  • Options
    @whaat - yeah i've been taking unisom/b6 and it has really helped. I take half a pill at night (my nausea is more mild than some) and I don't really know how it affects my sleeping, cause i've usually been asleep on the couch for an hour before i take it anyway! But i haven't noticed any "sleeping pill hangover" in the morning and it has done wonders for my productivity and functioning during the day. I'm gonna try a day without it this weekend and see how my nausea is on it's own.... but i'm scared lol.  
  • Options
    The smell of my own deodorant is making me nauseous :mask:
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    I’m in the disappearing symptoms club too. My nausea disappeared two days ago. I’m grateful, but of course a little freaked out too. Using this opportunity to clean for once...
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    @whaat My doc said take unisom and b6 at night and take just b6 throughout the day.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @morgantu omg yes! I don't know how I'm supposed to stop taking these pills because I'm too afraid to try a night/day without them! 
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    I’ve also had some “disappearing” symptoms. They’re mostly still there, just not as strong as they were. I’ve been concerned but I know that can be normal. I’m 6 weeks today.
    I went for my second blood draw yesterday, I should hear back today. Fingers crossed the HCG is rising well.
    I had pretty moderate cramping for 2 hours this morning. It got to the point where I considered calling my OB. Turns out I just had to poop. So that was fun. 
    The constipation started a few days ago. I’ve been taking some fiber gummies which seem to be helping.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @katem987 I had a lot of constipation with my first pregnancy. My doctor recommended Colace. It did wonders for me! I recently started taking it again.
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    @katy0990 I’ll look into that, thanks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @katem987 lol the poop cramps are real. Isn’t pregnancy beautiful? :wink:
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    @rosebud332 it was awful. I’m already so anxious about getting my blood test results back, then the cramping, I was just sure something was wrong. Ugh, what a roller coaster.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I'm either going blind, having a stroke, or having an "ocular headache"?

Parts of my vision in front of me are whited out and my hands feel very far away , like I lost depth perception. I had this happen once about two weeks ago and it went away after about 10 minutes (fingers crossed it does again!). I did have a headache after, but a fairly mild one, not the migraine people usually describe for an ocular headache..

Anybody heard of this? Am I doomed? DOOOOOMED! 

• Options
    @ab_canada Sorry to hear that.....is the vision loss definitely both sides or one eye? Ocular migraines are usually one-sided. The headache you had following the visual changes last time does sound reminiscent of a migraine-type syndrome, even if the headache wasn’t intense or throbbing.....either way, I think it’s worth a trip to your family doctor. 

I had one strange migraine over 10 years ago preceded by loss of motor function to one side - in that case I was referred to a neurologist to help differentiate it.....don’t hesitate to see your family doc though! I hope you’re feeling better! 
  • Options
    k_m10k_m10 member
    @ab_canada I’ve never heard of that - I’d think that merits a call to your doc. I know lightheadedness is fairly common.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ab_canada It’s totally normal to have an ocular migraine without a headache — I’ve worked as a tech at multiple eye doctor’s offices and have seen people come in for it before (also there’s an optometrist on here somewhere, so hopefully she can chime in!). The easiest thing would be to call your eye doctor up and get in for a medical visit. They’ll be more versed in eye problems than a regular GP or Urgent Care. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @ab_canada Sorry to hear about the ocular migraine. I've gotten them a few times - and sometimes a migraine follows and sometimes not. Mine usually present with "kaleidoscopic vision" like I'm looking into a kaleidoscope with both eyes, or half of my vision in one eye gets whited out. Usually doesn't last more than 30 minutes and I turn off the lights in the room I'm in and take a break. I'd definitely mention it to your doctor though.

The past two days I've woken up without being hungry (after being ravenous the past week) and cooking food made me feel gross. Not nauseous exactly, but not happy. Lol. This morning, I made myself eat (toast with almond butter... so much yum! And then eggs... ick ick ick, but I needed the protein.) Then over the course of the next hour I had like 20 little burps and I now feel 100%.  :D So I guess I had gas issues that caused me to feel some tummy troubles?

Today was also the first time in a week that I woke up and felt energized enough to do a strength workout. The rest of this week I've just been taking short walks and small bits of yoga. I'm used to 5-6 days of exercise each week - mix of strength training and cardio - so it was really nice to feel up to doing something more.

First doctor appointment in two hours, and I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. I'm so ready to see the little bean and see a heartbeat!
  • Options
    texas_ttexas_t member
    I am a bottomless pit. 
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*