December 2018 Moms
Options

Weekend Randoms 4/21-4/22

2»

Re: Weekend Randoms 4/21-4/22

• Options
    @texas_t so many hugs. ❤️❤️ Tomorrow will be here before we know it. Anxiety is such an asshole. 
  • Options
    ebk20ebk20 member
    I ended up telling our close friends that we are pregnant, just 6 weeks 2 days. I wanted to wait a bit longer but we went out to dinner and me not ordering a cocktail is a huge red flag lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Busy weekend. It would have been so much better if I didn’t feel nauseous 100% of the time I’m awake, with random vomiting. Ds1 had a school performance Saturday with a little carnival that ds1 and ds2 enjoyed. This morning we went to the grocery store where I chased both around looking like a crap parent and h was able to actually get food- I didn’t want near the food. Then church was a great relief as the boys were in the nursery/Sunday school. Then we looked at new cars this afternoon for ~ 1/2 an hour. I am bummed- I was hoping for third row seats to have a little more room. 
  • Options
    @flamingomomma Prayers for a great appointment for you too!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @Activebaby what kind of cars are you looking at?

I'm worried we’re a little screwed. I just got a new car (small sedan) in September. I have no idea how we’ll fit three across in there. It’s so frustrating though to think about buying a new car when my daughter will be out of car seats in maybe three years, and my J14 will be able to switch to a smaller profile HBB soon enough. Still, the minivan is calling to me...
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    We have a new car debate going on here too. We paid both of ours off last spring so we really don’t want another payment, but neither of ours have great back seats. DD1 will go to a booster soon so we’re hoping we can make it work but the mini van does look like a great option! 
  • Options
    Another here for needing a new car. DH currently drives my Nissan Rogue since he takes DS to daycare, meanwhile I'm driving DHs 2000 Ford F-150...yes it's 18 years old. I told DH forever ago that a new car is a must before baby #2, we're just trying to payoff a credit card first. DH refuses to ever get a minivan though, lol. If I can ever convince him of a third child, it'll be interesting to see what vehicle we get!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @runrinserepeat I looked at a pathfinder. There is not much leg room or trunk room. I don’t know what I’m expecting, but I’ve had the same car for 13 years. I’d love to do that again, but that would be driving around 2 teenage boys (+ whatever this baby is) and h. So I’m trying to think long term. I looked at an Armada too, but it’s too big for me. Basically I’m complaining about all the options. I think it’s because in my head the pathfinder was going to be perfect. I’m also going to check out the Pilot (it looks like a great size from the outside) and Highlander. Oh I was also disappointed because no way I’m going to fit my double in the trunk with a 3rd row being used. 
  • Options
    @Activebaby I have a Highlander and love it! We were already saving for my mom-mobile when I got into a wreck last year and totaled our Jeep. It was the perfect time to finally buy it. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @Activebaby I have a Highlander and love it! We were already saving for my mom-mobile when I got into a wreck last year and totaled our Jeep. It was the perfect time to finally buy it. 
    Do you use the third row? 
  • Options
    @Activebaby Not yet, as we only have one kid. One thing to know is that there’s essentially no trunk space with the 3rd row up. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @Activebaby Not yet, as we only have one kid. One thing to know is that there’s essentially no trunk space with the 3rd row up. 
    That is what I’m finding. This will be our 3rd so I want to fit 3 car seats and the double stroller in the trunk, while also having car that will fit 3 growing kids. I think I have to adjust my expectations. 
  • Options
    We have a Ford Expedition and I love it. Well comfortably be able to fit baby in the middle 8th seat and have some room in the trunk.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker