December 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 4/21-4/22

What's going on this weekend everybody?

Re: Weekend Randoms 4/21-4/22

• maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited April 2018
    AFM, today is going to be a tough one - terrible nausea and fatigue and my husband has to work for the next 8 hours and it's just gonna be me and my tornado of a 2 year old. I pray she at least takes a good nap today. I am already exhausted and I just woke up!
  • My husband is oot until tomorrow afternoon, but my 3yo slept in, so that was amazing. I ran 5 miles, and now I’m just hanging out with my mom while my dad helps my brother with his house. We have absolutely nothing planned today. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Add me to the out-of-town husband club. Mine gets back...Monday? Thankfully he has Tuesday off work to make up for it, but until then it's me and the bub, all day every day. I'm putting his crib back up. Don't even ask. We might also visit Dirt Cheap to see if I can find a water table or some other form of outdoor entertainment. Tomorrow we'll drive down to Pensacola for church. Fun times. 

I've just been feeling so blah and unmotivated lately. I wish I could will myself out of this funk.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • I had some brown spotting so I was told to be on the couch for the weekend. I am 6 weeks 3 days so I don't mind the rest at all. I am exhausted and sick to my stomach. But beyond grateful that I feel that way because that means my miracle little one is inside me!
  • @runrinserepeat that is amazing that you ran five miles! Way to go mama!
  • Well the 2 year old woke up at 6:30, and DH was dead to the world so I was the one to get up. We do need to go grocery shopping, all I want to do is lay in bed and read. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Ha @mamajudec2018 yeah and if anyone needs me, I’ll be napping the rest of the day. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I’m feeling kind of meh right now. I just got off the phone with my birth father (my parents divorced when I was young, so I’ve got two parent sets). He seemed a little less thrilled than I was hoping for. He does tend to stay stoic & not show emotion, so I’m trying not to take it personally. 

In happier news, the friends I’m gardnening with want to hit up a plant nursery this weekend to get strawberries and pineberries, so we’ll probably all go together and plant those. 

TW, m/c & babies (just me venting, if you want to read)
     My first pregnancy (2016) ended in a m/c. I’d mailed all of my parents cute cards as my announcement, so I wouldn’t have to pick who I told “first”. The day that my step mom got their card and texted me, I had just had the first not great u/s that was the beginning of my loss. I basically told everyone “I’m pregnant- oh, wait, nvm” all at once. So I’m just telling them all early this time. I know my family is happy, but I feel like they are all being too “careful” around me and aren’t entirely sure I’ll stay pregnant this time either. It’s extra frustrating because my sister has had two pregnancies and had two babies from them. 

• I pulled my calf muscle last night playing softball. Now I’m hating life and not sure what to do. I’ve pulled a muscle before but this seems worse and has me stressed due to being PG. Just have to wait until Monday to see my DR about it. 

DH is working this weekend so trying to watch DS has been a struggle all morning but he’s doing ok so far. 
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• In the low fifties this weekend and it looks like we've seen the last snow of the season, so we're busy prepping the backyard to build my garden beds and planting grass in the front. Or rather, my husband is doing all that while I chase the two year old around the block repeatedly ("Going a 'venture!") and supervise her water table usage. 
  • I’m struggling today. I had a newborn session this morning and then grocery shopping. Now I’m napping with DS while the rest of the family gets ready for company tonight. We were supposed to go out for DH’s birthday, but the restaurant we wanted is closed for mid season. So, everyone is coming here instead. Thankfully is about 50 our and finally SUNNY!

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited April 2018
    **TW** MC convo

It’s extra frustrating because my sister has had two pregnancies and had two babies from them. 
    Man, I hear you on that...*continues in spoiler*
    When DH and I started TTC, we were TTC with two other couples. Once set has gotten pg twice and have two babies, the other got pg once and have once baby. I'm just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs and just trying to stay pregnant. They don't know about our MC.

It sucks because they were my BFFs for years, but we all moved and drifted a little. I drifted the most because I can't handle being around successful mothers -I get full of rage/guilt and become a bad friend- so it's easier on everybody if I keep my distance.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • Guys...I've done literally nothing all day except read. DH has been wonderful and kept DS with him all day. I've just been in a mood, and we've got a friend staying with us until mid-June and I just do NOT feel like socializing today. And if I move into a different room, everybody follows me. It's kind of frustrating. I just want to be alone and they only way I can do that is locking myself in my room, which I've done 95% of the day. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• My husband works on the weekends. So the weekends are hard work for me. It’s my only chance to try to get things done since I work full time during the week. But I’m always home alone with my 2 yo and 5 yo boys and they are just human tornados. So yeah.. I’m stressed.
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My stepdaughter has her first communion in two weeks and we went shopping for dresses for me. I am the most bloated I’ve been so far and it was not fun. I didn’t fit into my normal size, but not ready for maternity. Thankfully DH let me wallow and was very supportive. Ended up finding two options. Then I came home and took a much needed nap. 
  • My sil bought a new house so we went over and saw it yesterday and went to dinner. Today we will probably go grocery shopping and watch my 2 yo play on his little dirt bike. Mostly try to enjoy a little bit of nice weather while we have it!
  • Went to do some pottery painting yesterday, then worked last night. Today is going to see a play with some girlfriends (one of whom I found out is preg and planning to tell us today... which i was also going to do. She doesn't know i know and is due way before me. I don't want to steal her thunder, but we rarely get together so it would have been the perfect time, ugh) 
  • So, I just need to rant a little.. my husband and I decided to go ahead and not wait and tell everyone that we are expecting, even though I'm just 7 weeks along. Yesterday, my husband went ahead and shared it on Facebook and of course everyone was happy and congratulating us. Then last night, I was talking to a friend and she said she was happy for us, but then surprised we announced it so early since people typically wait until after 10 weeks. I told her that I knew the risk, but if anything bad did happen, I rather have the support from all my friend's and family rather than greiving in silence. But then, she had to go on saying that a cousin did the same thing where she announced it early, but it ended up badly for her, so it just made my friend nervous for me. In one way, I can appreciate that, but at the same time, I really wish she kept that to herself. I spent the first couple weeks after I found out already a little stressed about the idea of something bad happening, but I felt so much better after having an ultrasound and seeing the heartbeat. That's the main reason why I felt like it was ok to tell everyone. But, now the nerves of the possibility of something bad happening are back because of her bringing it up. Ughhh. Sorry for the long post, but I needed to get it off my chest.
  • @whitneyb89 I’m sorry to hear that and can definitely appreciate what you’re saying. It’s such a personal decision on when/how you choose to share news with others, and no one knows how to make that decision better than you. I did share with a few friends early on, because I decided I would not be willing to suffer through a miscarriage without their support. 

I think that sometimes, well-meaning people forget that we live every day knowing there may be a bad outcome (even though it’s more likely your pregnancy will be healthy). It’s tough to constantly be reminded, when you try hard to be positive and hopeful. Just remember that your friend’s comments have absolutely no bearing on the outcome of your pregnancy....and channel that positivity and excitement you had during your ultrasound! 
  • @annapolis84 Thank you for your response. It really is tough to stay positive all the time, but I keep reminding myself that negative thoughts won't do me any good. Thank you again. :)
  • mrsm224mrsm224 member
    edited April 2018
    Going to hubby’s brother’s house today. Tomorrow is my birthday so they asked if we’d come over to celebrate. My sister in law keeps texting me that she bought my favorite wine & is making watermelon Jell-O shots. No idea how we’re going to handle this. I’m only 6 weeks along and we had no plans to tell our families yet, but she’ll know something is up if I don’t drink. We’ll probably end up having to tell them and hope they don’t blab to my MIL. If we don’t tell her ourselves, she’ll be salty for a lifetime and I’m not prepared to deal with that, lol. Wish me luck.
  • @whitneyb89 My husband and I are going to be telling friends/family early, with the exact same thought process as you- if we do experience a loss we will be able to weather it better with their support. I'm sorry your friend's comment brought up your nerves again, I think we all carry that fear of "what if" during this process- no need for others to remind us ;)  
  • @annapolis84 your beverage station looks great! I've been living on sparkling, flavored water too. Have you had the juniper flavored DRY soda? I discovered that brand a couple months ago and tried it because I really love juniper beers. Sadly, the soda just tasted like dirt to me. Maybe I'll try it again soon. It might be better now that I've got all these hormones screwing with my sense of taste. 
  • @tumbleweed-1 haven’t tried the juniper, but I’m a huge fan of the rhubarb, watermelon and lavender ones! They’re the perfect balance of barely sweet without being too sugary. And I was recently very pleased to find strawberry Perrier in Canada 
  • @tumbleweed-1 I love DRY’s cucumber soda, so I’ll keep an eye out for juniper. I’m afraid that it’ll make me crave gin, but I want to try it after your vote of approval. 

@morgantu  That sucks that you’re not the only one who wants to tell the friends. At least you know, and you’re considerate to not steal the thunder. *hugs anyway*

@whitneyb89 Sounds like your friend just doesn’t want to see you publicly hurt. If it was up to me though, I would keep it a secret until LO is six months old, but I know DH will share when we finish the first trimester (assuming that we do this time). 

@mrsm224 Sounds like a perfect time to “be on antibiotics!” I’ll be dodging drinks at a wedding next weekend and I’m going to feign my last sinus infection and pretend to have a generic Z-Pak (it’s an accelerated antibiotic course that I really do use for sinus infections. Just five days of pills instead of two weeks) that weekend. I’ll still toast the couple with champagne, but just a tiny glass. Good luck!

Anniversary
  • This weekend I am miffed that my bag of "clothes that don't fit over my ass" has come to include "jackets that don't fit over my breasts." It's annoying because in early March I bought a nice new hoodie from Lululemon and now it's too tight to wear zipped up, and it looks funny open because it's clearly too small :neutral:

Anniversary
  • @rosebud332 Agreed -this awkward phase blows. Until I can openly wear babydoll sundresses I will continue hiding my bloat in H&M pantalones and yoga pants from Amazon. At least DH is supportive (not just about the boobs), he's so much more body positive than I am right now.

Anniversary
  • I’m struggling so hard to make it another hour and a half until DH gets back and I don’t have to solo parent anymore. It’s beautiful out and I just want to lay on the couch and try to not feel queasy anymore. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • On the plus side, I tried on my dress pants today because I’m going to need to dress up this week, and they fit! So as long as the bloat holds off another week or two, I should be good!
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Just found out Friday afternoon I got the job I interviewed for a week and a half ago (pre-BFP).  It’s in OB/L&D and is my dream job.  It’s also night shift.  I started my nursing career on night shift, so I know I’m capable of working nights, I just prefer day shift.  My husband is saying take I should take it regardless and we will make it work once the baby is here.  

Anyone else work night shift while pregnant or starting a family?

OR, anyone else changing jobs while pregnant?  Because I’m a little nervous about that as well!
  • Ha @mamajudec2018 yeah and if anyone needs me, I’ll be napping the rest of the day. 
    Haha! Love it!
  • I’m having the worst anxiety over my ultrasound tomorrow. Actually, I’m having the worst anxiety over everything right now. It’s consuming :( 
  • @nurse_good No advice, but congrats on getting your dream job!

@flamingomomma Sorry you’re having a tough time! It can be so scary just waiting around for them to tell you everything is ok. Try to hang in there. Fx for a good ultrasound tomorrow to put you more at ease.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • edited April 2018
    @nurse_good Congrats on the offer! I would let the benefits decide. If the new job is 100 percent new then you may not rack up the hours to qualify for maternity leave in December. But if it’s in your current healthcare system and/or maternity benefits won’t suffer, then I would move to the dream job despite the less desired shift (since you’ve said that nights are okay, just not preferred). Besides, I suspect that day shifts are given to previous night-shifters, not new hires (unless they’re exceptionally skilled of course). 

Edited to correct some heinous auto-correct errors

Anniversary
  • @nurse_good Congrats on the offer! I would let the benefits decide. If the new job is 100 percent new job then you may not rack up the hours to qualify for maternity leave in December. But if it’s in you current healthcare system and/or maternity benefits won’t suffer, then I would move to the dream job despite the less desired shift (since you’ve said that night’s are okay, just not preferred). Besides, I suspect that day shifts are given to previous night-shifters, not new hires (unless they’re exceptionally skilled of course). 
    The job is in the the hospital I currently work in, so I believe my benefits remain intact!
    Most of the doepartments in the hospital give first dibs on day shift positions to night-shifters, so I’m hoping it’ll only be a couple years at the most back on nights.
  • @flamingomomma I'm in the same boat as my Uas is at 8:45 in the morning. I'm obsessing and anxious and all of a sudden I don't feel nauseated, so that makes me even more nervous!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @echo-charlietango we both ended up spilling the beans and it was just fine! My friend was thrilled! This is her second and my first so she said she hoped i didn't steal her thunder! We are due about 3 weeks apart and both really excited:) ps- I totally have a new Patagonia hoodie that crushes my boobs to zip. But hopefully it'll be spring here soon and I won't need it anyway. 

@nurse_good congrats on the offer, whatever you decide:) 
  • morgantu said:
    @echo-charlietango we both ended up spilling the beans and it was just fine! My friend was thrilled! ... new Patagonia hoodie that crushes my boobs to zip.
    YAAAAAYYYYY! I hope my sharing will be as smooth as yours :smiley: And I guess we’ll just have to enjoy our outerwear once we deflate :neutral:

Anniversary