July 2018 Moms
Options

Questions w/o 4/9

Re: Questions w/o 4/9

• Options
    zg49zg49 member
    Selfishly started :neutral:

I've been taking the B6 and Unisom combo since week 7 but I finally decided to stop this past weekend and OMG mistake. I had the worst headache yesterday, was exhausted and had some interesting digestive issues (like more BM's in two days than the past month combined.) 

Anyone else still taking the combo or stopped taking it and had similar issues? I don't want to really be on it the whole pregnancy but I barely functioned yesterday. (I did take it again last night and feel great today!)

• Options
    I haven't been doing a combo, but OB told me to try unisom and it didn't help me at all...I'd get 4 hours of sleep, then go back to being up every 45 min and wake up groggy and cranky anyway.  I don't think vitamin and unisom should have that effect on GI...but Unisom does say don't take daily on it but like I said OB told me to do it. Ask your OB, but i vote sleep over headache and exhaustion!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    crabcake18crabcake18 member
    edited April 2018
    @zg49 I take b6 everyday and am planning to until babies are born, unisom every night too. I felt like stopping unisom so I’ve tried half a pill and only slept well half the night! Not trying that again for awhile! 

My question: is it helpful to buy clothes for the future when your kids get bigger? I did this all the time for baby clothes (would buy spring stuff on sale for spring next year if that makes sense) but now that DS is going into 2t it seems like he might have more say in what clothes are comfy for him and now that onesie outfits are gone in this size I’m feeling lost on how to dress him. Pants with real zippers+ a squirmy toddler?! Ha 
  • Options
    @crabcake18 we stock up for at least a year ahead of i see a good sale. At least enough to cover for the in between time. DS still doesn’t care much of what he wears.
  • Options
    @crabcake18 if I see a good sale, I stock up but I won’t buy a full wardrobe because I like to let him pick out some things now plus family is always buying him cute stuff and I’d like him to get use out of everything. He’s almost 3 now and has a mild obsession with dinosaur shirts but he’ll still wear whatever I put on him if I don’t show him his other options lol 
  • Options
    DS wears pretty much whatever I put on him. I do not stock up because I just couldn’t predict what size he would be in the next season. DS is 2.5 years old and is in 4T already. I think he is finally slowing down but it makes me nervous to pick out the size ahead of time. My co-worker always talks about buying stuff on sale for her son but he is 7 yrs old and growing at a steady pace.
  • Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited April 2018
    Does anyone know if/when car seats come out with new models? I’ve been eyeing up some car seats on all the websites (amazon, target, Walmart) and it seems like all the patterns that I like keep going out of stock. I wasn’t sure if it was because new stuff was coming out soon. 
  • Options
    @hillbillywife not sure but maybe if you contact the manufacture they could tell you when they have new models coming out. 
  • Options
    @zg49 I have heard that can happen for a day or two after you stop
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    any STMs have experience with Symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD)?  Since asking about the wishbone pain earlier i've gone from like a 4 to an 8 on the pain scale and it's the groin/sides of pelvic bone/hip pain that they describe. I can't walk without waddling and of course DH is on a business trip... I'm kind of hoping to tough it out until my follow up with OB monday...3 OB appointments in 3 weeks is just depressing at 24 weeks...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely not a necessity question but who has rugs in their nursery? What size are you all using? I'm sold on a 5x7 and my husband says that's too big to go with a 4x6. I've measured and that's what brings us to the size difference. Any photos I can refer to? Google has not been much help
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I’ve never been diagnosed but I’m pretty sure I have it starting up this pregnancy. Such a pain (literally) and I don’t have any tips for relief. Just solidarity. 
  • Options
    @crabcake18 I refrain from stocking up too early because DD grew so tall so fast and DS is slower growing. We have very distinct seasons here that leave no overlap in clothing options so I don't want to get stuck with clothes in the wrong size for the season. I do the same with shoes--I wait until I know what size they'll be for the upcoming season. Winter clothes and boots are a little more forgiving if I size up though.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Okay, going to call my doctor too BUT- I e had pressure down there but tonight I actual felt the urge to push. I dont have to go to the bathroom either . Thoughts?
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 also not officially diagnosed last pregnancy, but pretty sure I had it then and now.  With the first I don’t think the doc took me too seriously and this one seems more sympathetic.  She suggested a maternity belt could help, or physical therapy if it gets really bad.  I have mostly just learned to be very slow and careful in my pelvic/hip movements.  The things that seem to aggravate it the most are turning over in bed, raising legs up and putting on pants when standing.  For turning in bed I have learned to move my two legs in tandem as opposed to individually, a pillow between my legs helps, and using my arms/upper body primarily to move my body.  I don’t raise my legs much if I can, and I sit down when I put my pants on.  Sitting on the couch with my feet up helps, as does heat (hot shower or a little heating pad).

Walking and moving around doesn’t feel great. I’d say my pain is around a 4.  I know it will get worse before it gets better :( It gets significantly better after birth though!
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I second what @emzie54 said about the pillow between the legs. I forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder. :smile: Also @elizabethrn87 I hope it turns out that that feeling wasn't anything big! I'm not sure if this is the same sensation for you, but often when getting up from sitting I'll feel pressure in my rectal region , and that could be somewhat akin to the feeling of pushing. I also get the low back pain. For me, I tend to assume its LO just laying low and putting pressure in the back instead of the front! When I saw him at my fetal echo he was butt out towards belly button, transverse with feet over head. If he just rotated his bum would be over my rectal area and in my back, so I think that could be what he's doing. Back and forth. Because in utero he's already making life comfortable, lol.
  • Options
    @elizabethrn87 Any update? I hope all is well!
  • Options
    @emzie54 @hillbillywife @SmashJam - thanks, glad I'm not alone, def didn't feel this this early last time...I've already been sleeping with the pillow between the knees since before I realized I was pregnant and the two leg trick came back pretty quickly.  Today is a little better than yesterday.  Ironically - got a call from PCP they think i have a UTI after my physical yesterday but it wasn't clean catch and they need to chat with OB on what to prescribe - I've only been telling the OB for 3 months I feel like I have a UTI or bladder infection - so I'm probably going to end up going back into OB today anyway for clean catch and office check >_< guess it really will be 3 visits in 3 weeks...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @elizabethrn87 Any update? I hope all is well!
    Just resting. Finally fell asleep but had so
    much pressure last night. No it’s urges to push though. It was scary because it was an urge like when I was actually giving birth with my daughter. Still have pressure this morning so lots of fluid and rest.
  • Options
    @elizabethrn87 how scary, thinking of you! Please don't be afraid to call L&D as often as you feel like. 

Question: Realistically, how much sleep are you guys getting every weekday night? Do you feel like you need more during pregnancy? I usually go to bed at 11 and I'm up by 5-5:30 for work. Before getting pregnant I also got up at 4am a few days a week to run or go to an hour long bootcamp class. It never phased me and I loved the feeling of arriving to the office early AND already having a good workout behind me. Now? It's only Tuesday and after 2 nights of 6 hours I am already feeling tired. The sleep I get is good and uninterrupted, I also sleep in as long as I want to on Saturdays so I feel like I have no excuse for being tired   :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere So pregnant or not I'd never be able to survive on 6 hours on the regular... I'm an 8 hour plus quad shot kind of gal... BUT last night garmin says I slept for 10 hours - 7 hr deep, 3 hr light, 2 min awake...if i scroll to pre-pregnancy it looks like average is closer to 8 hours with 5 hr deep/2.5 hr light/20 min awake... sorry engineers and their data :-P
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere i'm a night owl so I tend to stay up later than I should, but I still try to get to bed around 10pm and I get up at 6a on the weekdays. I think if you're tired you should listen to your body and try to get more sleep this week to see how you feel. Sleep is always a good thing to have!

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 and @flockofmoosen3 thanks guys, I'll try to catch up on some sleep. I just don't know how to fit it in lol. I leave the office at 3-4 and pick up DD, we play/hang out then I cook dinner. DH is slammed at work, comes home at 7-7:30, we eat dinner. He plays with DD while I clean up after dinner and prep lunches for the next day. Then one of us puts her down, then we have some down time to relax and hang out together then go to bed. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I think it will get easier once he's not as busy at work and can come home a bit earlier. 

I feel guilty complaining because I have it pretty easy, DH is great, I don't work at all most Fridays, I feel like I should be killing it at life not thinking about falling asleep at work. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewherei used to function on 5.5-6 hours regularly. I would wake up for 5:30am /6am workouts all the time. Now I'll take sleep anytime! In the past 2 years I made the effort to get at least 7hrs. I have not been able to get that this past week because I've been sick but aside from that sleep hasn't been a problem yet. I'll admit that cuddling in bed with DH is what made me stop going to 6am classes! He gets home late (7:30pm) so I have lots of me time before he gets home. 

I'm a night owl so I also don't get in bed until 11am usually but neither of us has a long commute (I don't have one at all) so it's still easy to get enough sleep.it will be interesting when the baby is here!
    If you're feeling tired maybe start getting in bed 15 minutes earlier and see if you manage to add 30 minutes (or more)progressively.
  • Options
    I have a technical question! Sorry if this is addressed somewhere! My bump mobile is going crazy. I’m not allowed to love anything it says my javascript in not enabled which...it definitely is. I have followed the google directions and when I check my settings it is indeed enabled. I turn it off and on, I have cleared cookies and data history to start over, my phone (iPhone) is updated..I’ve tried safari and chrome, same issue for both. Any advice? (In the meanwhile assume I’m loving all the things)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I keep falling asleep while watching TV with DH after DD goes to bed - with him out of town I went to bed at 10 last night and woke up when the phone went off at 730. It sucks but I've been taking the hours away from DH quality time...he's an adult and understands better than DD why mommy is no fun anymore.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Before kids, I would go to bed around 10pm and wake up for a 5:30am class at the gym. Since I have had DS, 50% of the time I fall asleep with him at 8pm or go to bed around 9pm and then hit the snooze button a million times when it goes off at 5:30am. I don’t make it to the gym anymore. I feel like I never get enough sleep. My sleep with this pregnancy is already disrupted. I wake for no reason, change positions, and then go back to sleep.
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I definitely need more sleep. Since DS I've been a go to bed at 8:30-9 and read kind of girl, sometimes even 8, but I used to get up at 4am to workout, milk goats, get to work, etc. Now I get up at 5 am but still go to bed around 8-8:30 most nights, 9 on weekends. Sometimes I fall asleep on the couch while we are winding down for bedtime with DS. So basically...I guess my entire life just requires 8 hours of sleep. I feel hungover if I'm up past 10 and get up at the normal time with DS.
  • Options
    @BrittG13 TB is just off right now for me because there is no easy way to go back without going all the way back to the community list. So frustrating!

I usually go to bed by 9 but i will automatically wake around midnight. That’s my deepest sleep. Then I’ll fall back to sleep but wake a few times until 530. If i try to sleep in i can never go past 7. 
  • Options
    I also think it depends on schedules. DH is not home until 7:30pm so I really want to make an effort and hang out with him when he gets home. With the babe, who knows, but we will figure it out as we go. I think he might be able to change his schedule a bit and maybe get home by 6:30pm so that might give us a little more time together during those times when it might be important for me to try and go to bed by 8:30 or 9...I don't think I have ever done that aside from rare times when I was deadly sick or jet lag! Better learn!
  • Options
    Movement question...i have felt movement for a couple weeks now and last week they were strong and could feel them from outside. Had a crazy busy weekend and forever on the go...only felt jabs here and there and it’s been a slow couple days. I have counted 10 moves within an hour but i miss the kung fu kicks of last week. I’m 25 weeks Friday. Possible she has moved position or just having some down time? 
  • Options
    @And846 babies actually sleep most of the day right now. It’s like she moved or just sleeping. Careful what you wish for in those Kung fu kicks lol but it’s a good sign you can still get a good amount within an hour. In reality they say counting is recommend starting 28 wks. 
  • Options
    Why do my arms hurt really bad? Last night it was just my right arm, it felt achy like when you work out or having “growing pains” and the achiness woke me up to take Tylenol. Now it hurts in both arms! I definitely have not worked out lol. I wonder if it’s a nerve issue in my neck/shoulders causing my arms to acne. 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @And846 It could just be that LO has moved into a different position and you're not feeling the kicks the same way. I would think as long as you're feeling regular movement, the change in how it's felt wouldn't be a concern at this point.

@zande2016 I've noticed that I sleep on my arms under my head a lot more as it keeps me from rolling over too far onto my belly. I often have sore shoulders/arms now. I actually woke up last night with one of them numb from laying on it weird. Also, as our bellies grow, it definitely pulls on those back muscles so I could certainly see it affecting your arms and shoulders too! Maybe some stretching or massage would help? ETA: Do you have heartburn? Heartburn for me hurts a LOT in my upper back and shoulders so maybe that's a contributor?
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I'm typically getting a total of 6-7 hours right now. I wake up every 1-2 hours to pee (never fails). Non pregnant me was sleeping 9-10 hours. This was when I always felt the most rested. These days, not so much. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @TalesOfASocialIntrovert I usually have heartburn but haven’t had it lately...the pain sort  of radiates from my shoulders down my arms. I’m thinking maybe a chiropractor visit is in order. 
  • Options
    @And846 it has happened to me too, sometimes I am busy or sick (like this week) and the baby is moving occasionally but no big kicks. Yesterday I actually cried because I felt like I was hurting the baby everytime I coughed - and my cough has been pretty bad. Then today he's been twirling around and kicking away. So it's a bit of a rollercoaster, as long as you feel movement everyday like @wildtot and @TalesOfASocialIntrovert said you should be good :)
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I'm a night owl that married a solid morning person, I lost that battle and had to convert so I'd actually see him! Normally I'm in bed by 9:30 or 10, but with pregnancy I'm in bed by 8:30 or 9 and we're up by 5 on weekdays and "sleep in" until 5:45/6 on weekends. I've found even if I'm not sleeping, my body needs to rest for that long otherwise I'm just wiped out for days.

@And846 I've had LO do that to me too. Super active some days and not as much other days. Last week I could swear Sonic the Hedgehog was in there, and then he was more mellow for a couple days. I was reassured yesterday with a super kung-fu rib punch yesterday that he's fine in there. Did not feel nice. Today he's apparently hyper again today. Sounds like you're feeling some movements, so maybe your LO is just a little extra sleepy.
  • Options
    Something must be going on, it only works half the time! This never been issue for me before today!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FTM here. We have finally decided to get a bassinet for our bedroom for the baby to sleep in the first few months, and then we'll switch her over to the crib. 

My question is, with the baby sleeping in our room the first few months, how do you change diapers in the middle of the night? Is a changing pad on a bed OK, or is that dangerous? Could I change the diaper in the bassinet? (We're getting the Arms Reach bassinet.) We'll be getting a dresser with a changing table on top for the nursery, but as our little one won't be there for a while, I was wondering what other moms do.