Options

Weekly Randoms 4/9

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/9

• Options
    @eleven_ dog bowls no, shoes yes
  • Options
    galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited April 2018
    @eleven_ yes! I found out my DH was doing this one time and nearly strangled him. I caught him in the act and yelled "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" his reply "I have scrubbed grosser things then this with the brush" :rage: 

It all comes down to if you are using that brush to clean dishes and those dishes aren't going through your dish washer after do you really want it touching your dog bowls or shoes and then eating off it. thats like eating out of your dog bowl. Pass... I have seen where my dogs put their mouths. gag
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eleven_eleven_ member
    edited April 2018
    I saw him scrubbing the dog bowls with them last week and I was horrified! He made me feel like I was crazy by thinking it was gross. I just came home and saw our house guest scrubbing her shoes with it. After seeing this, I was wondering if I'm the crazy one and everyone else is using their dish scrubber on all disgusting things. 

ETA: @galactickates I use that scrubber to hand wash big pots so no, they don't always go in the dishwasher! One of my dogs eats poop. DNW to share germs with her if I can possibly avoid it. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_

you are not crazy
    SHOES??? that is disgusting...

we have a dedicated gross scrubber, but that's kept under the sink. well... not according to my H apparently.

What did you do when you saw that???
  • Options
    I could see if my dogs weren't disgusting, the dog bowl could slide... but we have a dog door and I have caught our dogs eating/licking the most disgusting things, dead stuff, poop, clumps of dirt, each other's butts. Our Vet just gave them the "dogs who drink dirty water out of puddles" vaccine.

Shoes are a hard no
  • Options
    @galactickates I didn't say anything to her because she is Swiss and barely speaks any English. She is my husband's family so I would feel bad saying anything. I just threw it away after she went downstairs. 
    TW

• Options
    Not the same,but I saw my boss use the plunger in the work kitchen sink.  I now only use my own dishes that I take home and wash.
  • Options
    No the scrubber shouldn't be used for other things. Except maybe the counters and stove top. I grabbed one of the sink ones to use on the floor the other day, and it is now relegated to the bathroom cupboard for only floor or shower use from now on.
  • Options
    @eleven_ you are not having any luck with these guests, ick.
  • Options
    @lokibear89 Right?! They leave on Saturday so I'm trying to just grin and bear it until then. 
    TW

• Options
    @jrm_14 We use the Ikea ones too! That's genious to color code them. It should make it real simple for DH :wink:
    TW

• Options
    @eleven_ Ew yes. I don't know what side you're on, but I cannot even put the dog bowls in my dishwasher. It weirds me out.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited April 2018
    @oaklandava Rosy's vet says it's better to wash the bowl out in the sink, boil water to a rapid, and pour it into the bowl and let it sit for five minutes (in the sink). Dogs have a very keen sense of smell so if any bacteria are left on the bowl or soap, it could cause them to not drink water as much as they should. Who would've thought?!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    We won’t discuss I have been married over a year & am just now ordering wedding pictures. 

From where would you recommend ordering canvas wraps? Or not recommend?  We have a print release, so there are no restrictions. 
  • Options
    @jrm_14 I haven’t used them for canvases but I always find Vista print really good and they’re not too pricey either!
  • Options
    @jrm_14 Could you ask your photographer for a recommendation? I didn't order canvases but ordered all my prints through Shutterfly. The smaller ones did great but the larger prints (11x14 and up) all have a pinkish tint to them. 
  • Options
    @jrm_14 I would go straight to groupon. I see canvas print Groupons all the time.  I haven't ordered one yet but that's what I was going to do.  I still have to get my wedding prints done too. I use shutterfly for everything else though. 
  • Options
    @suzycupcake
    seriously who would have thought???
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor @galactickates Our photographer suggested a site that happened to be on Groupon today. Woot!  $107 saved from what I was going to spend, better quality, and an upgrade in sizes. 
  • Options
    Lol @elothair my dog is pretty picky. We did what the vet told us to do and she started drinking water again. I've never had a picky dog before. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    Dogs have a very keen sense of smell so if any bacteria are left on the bowl or soap, it could cause them to not drink water as much as they should. Who would've thought?!
    I wonder if this might be the same with cats? Our one cat Calamity has been *obsessed* with stealing my glasses of water to drink and bathe from and has been avoiding the pets' water bowls (even though we wash them pretty frequently!) Our dog on the other hand does not care, ha.
  • Options
    @maureenmce Rosy reminds me of a little posh lap dog or a cat. Every cat I've ever had except for one, was finicky. That's hilarious she bathes in your drinking water. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @meggyme Yes! I was just coming on here to complain about the new video ads on the app. Ugh!! I'm only going to be able to bump at home now because the video ads will eat up too much data. Harumph! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Even on safari, they keep popping up and stopping my music.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited April 2018
    I use the mobile site, and no auto play ads so far. Thank goodness! Previously, static ones would pop up at the bottom of the screen and stayed there as you scrolled. Annoying but not terrible. Now, those are gone, and I have those super spammy ones (5 countries where girls are exceptionally pretty! *your state* the government will pay off this much of your mortgage. Etc.) at the bottom of the page below the comment box.

I've also noticed it will jump me to the most recent page I was on, but not the last read post when I click on a thread. That's really annoying! Also, the site says "You need JavaScript to do that" when I try to love it a post. It only does that on wifi but not phone data. I have the same wifi I've had for a year, and I don't have issues with any other site. It also doesn't give me the regular commenting box or let me click the edit button unless I'm on data. It's super weird!
  • Options
    Is anyone watching/caught up on the walking dead? 
  • Options
    @lovesclimbing I got this from their customer service after having the same permission/JavaScript problem for almost a week: 
    Thanks for your continued patience. Our Community system is powered by a third party partner, and they recently updated a portion of their system. Unfortunately, their updates resulted in a few glitches. We have reported your issues (along with a couple others) to our partner as urgent issues, and they are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. “
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @galactickates yes, I just watched the final Walking Dead episode last night.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @galactickates yeah and then watched ftwd straight after :)
  • Options
    @meggyme @offtoneverland and @Augusta108 The ads drove me so insane I emailed the bump about it and they actually responded in like, 30 minutes with a bunch of questions, so I answered them and hopefully I'll hear back? Feel free to send an complain too because holy shit it basically makes the app *impossible* to use. It was driving me nuts today!
  • Options
    galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited April 2018
    @lokibear89 & @coco2787
    Spoiler TWD talk
    Lokibear I didn't watch the newest FTWD but I saw pictures and I'm DYING to see it.  Tonight!  Gah!!!!!

As for the the finale can we talk about what the hell is up with Jesus Maggie and Daryl. It really pisses me off to see Jesus of all people agreeing to go after Rick after we had to listen to for the entire hour say there is a new way.  Irritated by this doesn't even come close to how I really feel.  WTAF. Also I can't believe Rick didn't kill Negan. I seriously can't.  That whole "we'll keep him locked in a basement thing" was so stupid.  This episode felt so forced.  
  • Options
    @galactickates
    I turned to H and straight away told him that while Darryl has been a pain in the arse all season there is no way Maggie and Jesus would do that, it just doesn't fit character. Although happy that Jeffrey Dean Morgan is sticking around (love him), just kill him ffs. Try your prison out on someone else. I was waiting for a big climax all series which was a hard slog at times and it felt disappointing.
    On the other hand ftwd was quite good.
  • Options
    @lokibear89 soooo excited to see FTWD. I'll report back after! 
  • Options
    Has anyone done the 23andme test.  H's mom got them for us at Christmas and I'm freaking out a bit.  I don't really want to do it.  The consents and data release pages are scary and over whelming.  H is pressuring me, I don't know why but I'm scared to take it. I've been googling the pros and cons and it's really not helping my anxiety.