October 2018 Moms

Questions 3/23

Re: Questions 3/23

• @coffee-saur

The disease in question is toxoplasmosis.  

i live by myself, and so having someone scoop my cat’s litter box is not an option.  My LPN at my first appointment was seriously down on me scooping it, but when I talked to my vet he was really chill about it. His comment was that I’ve had cats forever and my current cat is indoor only. 

His recommendation was to scoop the box daily (it takes time for the disease-causing organisms to develop) and wear gloves while doing it.  My LPN told me to also wear a mask. I feel rather silly scooping my box now, but whatever. 
  • @kiwi2628 can probably give some good advice on that, she's a vet.

I still scoop my cat's box on occasion. I just made sure to wash my hands after. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @sammierose464 - Thank you!  I couldn’t remember who the vet in the group is!
  • @indias95 yea she's indoor. That's one thing that drives DH crazy, she's the biggest coward and won't hardly go outside. 
    I do wear gloves when I scoop, but no mask. I'll have to look into getting one. 
    DH did clean the litter box, just dumped the whole thing out, and was pretty sure we don't need a cat...
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • coffee-saurcoffee-saur member
    edited March 2018
    How much B6 is the correct dose? I bought the only amount that our small town store had, and it was 100mg per pill. I thought that sounded like a lot and the warning label said to take it with food. I didn't think that sounded very soothing for an upset stomach... 
    I guess I could google it, too.
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • How much B6 is the correct dose? I bought the only amount that our small town store had, and it was 100mg per pill. I thought that sounded like a lot and the warning label said to take it with food. I didn't think that sounded very soothing for an upset stomach... 
    I guess I could google it, too.
    I was told 25mg 3x a day, but that’s really hard to find and 100mg was fine (still 3x/day).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @coffee-saur I took 100mg 2x a day with unisom and it helped so much. 
  • Thanks @purplegoldfish2 and @jynjer91 I will try it then. Do you take it with food?
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • With the younger OB question. My OB I believe is 30s and she was amazing! I dont know how old you are talking about. She was so kind and treated me like a person and I liked that she did a ton of ultrasounds in her office to check on baby. I literally saw the baby so many times and my baby was perfectly healthy. The delivery was great and she was so professional.
  • @coffee-saur It helped them stay down if I could at least manage a cracker or two. Taking them with OJ also helped.
  • @coffee-sour Couldn’t tell you, I never actually went to get it since I didn’t feel like I was feeling bad enough normally (the day they told me about it was the worst day I had, so they told me what to take if I kept feeling that bad).
  • Maybe this is new thread worthy, but does anyone have any fun, pregnancy-safe activities? I’m tired of sitting around the house and feel like I just need to get out! It’s too cold still here in Michigan to do much outside. Any other ideas??
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @spartan4life I'm glad you'd have the energy to.do anything..I did some shopping yesterday and had a miserable tired night I couldn't get off the couch :( 
  • @spartan4life On a similar wavelength as what @Lisa3379 said, check out some estate sales! Those are fun :)
  • STMs, is it possible that I’m feeling baby move?  I’m only 9w4d today and last night while I was in bed and again today while I’m on the couch I swear I feel something going on in that area. It seems way too early, but I know it’s wiggling around in there.  Last time I felt my twins at 12 weeks, so part of me thinks that maybe it is the baby since you’re supposed to be more sensitive to it in subsequent pregnancies. 
  • They say you can feel babies sooner if you've had one before. Although I swear I can feel something going on at 11weeks.
  • @spartan4life I live in Michigan too.  :) Umich here (go blue).  I totally get it. It's so cold!!! I have a 2 year old who needs to run around because he has a ton of energy and wants to go outside.  So everyday we just all bundle up and walk outside around the block a couple times. Luckily it's in the 40s....(I'm originally from San Diego until I came here 12 years ago for pharmacy school at uofm... so I'm kinda being sarcastic but thankful that it's not snowing anymore. ).   My last pregnancy, I delivered in February so I walked around the briarwood mall everyday determined to get the baby out! I did 3 miles there.  You can try to find prenatal yoga classes too. Luckily the majority of our pregnancy is in warm weather. 
  • So my MIL wants to may a quilt for baby. She told me to let her know ASAP when I found out the sex so she could get started. I told her she could make something neutural so it would work either way so she did go out and buy the supplies in neutural colors. Then my SIL told her not to do it because when she had her daughter she did not want her to wear the neutural colors clothes that she had been given. She wanted her in the feminie pink clothes. What are your opinions? I'm sure this varies by person but I annoys me my SIL is trying to make this decision for me. Did you guys mind your children wearing neutral colors?
  • @nayyohme For a quilt I don't think it should matter either way. I asked for a lot of gender neutral clothing for DD because I'm personally not huge on all pink everything. I still think she looks adorable, but be aware if you do have a girl, unless she is constantly wearing pink or a bow strangers will tell you how handsome your boy is. I don't care and it doesn't bother me at all, but I have friends that get super offended.
  • slizteesliztee member
    edited March 2018
    @nayyohme I prefer gender neutral clothing...and cringe to think about the explosion of blue headed our way from traditional family members.
  • Thanks guys. I figured I'd ask since I'm new at this. I'll have to tell her again that she can go for it.
  • ashin121ashin121 member
    edited March 2018
    @purplegoldfish2 I've heard of people feeling the kicking much sooner when you're a stm. I've been waiting for it but I haven't felt it yet. I'm 11 weeks. Everytime I think it is... It ends up being gas ahha  :D 

Last time, I didn't feel it until 22 weeks because I had anterior placenta (the placenta is on the front wall of  the womb) which prevented me from feeling it except on my sides when I was laying down. My husband couldn't feel it until week 30 or something but only on the side 
  • Anyone have varicose veins? I've had them since I was pregnant with DS but they seem to be bothering me lately. Like they're warm to the touch and itchy almost.  I'm going to bring it up to my OB next appointment but I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions/remedies in the mean time? 
  • @ashin121 The nurse at the RE is the one that told me 100mg 3x/day was fine & that I would pee any extra out.  

With my first, not only did I feel them at 12 weeks, my husband could too.  We actually felt them on the same day, which was pretty cool.  What I’m feeling now is definitely not gas.  It’s kind of like a fluttering or twitching from the inside, which is what I’ve heard early movements are supposed to feel like (last time it was more rolling like you’d feel later in pregnancy). My other thought is maybe muscle spasms?
  • @coffee-saur I bought a pill cutter in my last preg and I am using it again with the B6 100 mg. It has worked fine for me. I just wish that the concoction was working as well as it did last time. 
  • This Michigander has flip flops on today becuase it was sunny. And because I’m crazy. We just drive around and listened to music because we were tired of being coped up.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• nmadjeski said:
    Anyone have varicose veins? I've had them since I was pregnant with DS but they seem to be bothering me lately. Like they're warm to the touch and itchy almost.  I'm going to bring it up to my OB next appointment but I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions/remedies in the mean time? 
    I have them and like you said, they can feel a little warm and itch sometimes. I just have a couple of bad spots, but not everywhere on my legs. I'll wear compression hose... Yea sorry, not very cute or fun! But mine are also below my knee, so if yours aren't, it might not help. 
    I have C-section so I get the booties that squeeze my legs afterwards. They almost disappeared when I wore those things! But they came back when we left the hospital. 
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • meltonjl said:
    @coffee-saur I bought a pill cutter in my last preg and I am using it again with the B6 100 mg. It has worked fine for me. I just wish that the concoction was working as well as it did last time. 
    Ugh same! This time around the MS has really been bad, and so far, nothing has helped.  :(
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • So I'm 11w2d (with my first) and tonight laying in bed I swear I was feeling baby move. It could be my imagination but it feels different!
  • @coffee-saur mine are below the knee as well. Idk why I didn't think of compression socks! Lol gonna grab some tomorrow. Thanks!
  • So I was talking to two of my friends yesterday. One had a 3yo and a 1yo, the other has 2 yo and is 34 weeks with #2. Both said the second time around they never got the 2nd tri energy burst.  :/ Any other STM+  Moms have the same experience?
  • Amazon has some seriously cute compression socks that go knee high. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @nmadjeski and @coffee-saur I don't have varicose veins but I have a weird birth mark, I think its a cavernous hemangioma, on my ankle.  It's gotten swollen, sore, and itchy.  The same thing happened last pregnancy.  Doctor google didn't answer my question and I never remembered to ask my doctor about it.  I just chalked it up to increased blood flow.    
  • @knottieamusements oooo I'll have to check them out! 
    @KFrob I tend to swell later in my pregnancy so I blame it on that as well. 

DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • So I was talking to two of my friends yesterday. One had a 3yo and a 1yo, the other has 2 yo and is 34 weeks with #2. Both said the second time around they never got the 2nd tri energy burst.  :/ Any other STM+  Moms have the same experience?
    I hope I get it this time! My last pregnancy I never got it.  I was exhausted for the entire 9 months and then after the babies were born I was still exhausted, but it was a lack of sleep kind instead of physically drained kind.  This time I’m definitely not as bad, but that may be because I’m a SAHM so I don’t have to get up and be at a job all day and I can take naps if I need them.
  • @cdepperschmidt I don't remember that I got an energy boost, as it were, but I was not exhausted all the time for no reason. I mean, no reason other than growing a baby in utero...
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!