October 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 3/22

Re: Randoms 3/22

• Options
    @purple_2012 what is this sleeping through the night you speak of? I remember it vaguely... 
  • Options
    Well throwing up coffee in the morning is not cool! And now I'm sad
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @momtobx2 I am so sorry. I am an avid coffee fan (and work at starbucks on weekends) and I absolutely have not been able to drink it for most of the past two months. I just had a few sips yesterday and managed alright, and am trying again now (I am 12w today). I hope this is a phase that passes quickly for you!!
  • Options
    norahkate said:
    @momtobx2 I am so sorry. I am an avid coffee fan (and work at starbucks on weekends) and I absolutely have not been able to drink it for most of the past two months. I just had a few sips yesterday and managed alright, and am trying again now (I am 12w today). I hope this is a phase that passes quickly for you!!
    It may not have been the coffee that started it. I tried taking some vitamins this morning which probably was not a good idea. Normally coffee isn't a problem! 

Hopefully you can start drinking coffee again too!
  • Options
    @knottieamusements I am 10 weeks today!!
  • Options
    I jinxed myself by saying how great DD was this week in the Thankful thread. She has been an absolute maniac today. Won't eat anything, throwing tantrums any time I tell her not to do something. I'm mentally drained today. I kept telling myself that at least it's Friday and H will be home tomorrow to help out.

Well he just texted me reminding me that he is going off roading all day tomorrow with some friends. I almost cried. He did tell me about it a couple weeks ago, and he hasn't been since he got his new truck, but dammit. I'm just tapped out this week. I need to find some mom friends or something.
  • Options
    It's Friday night and I'm binging Netflix. I am so bored yet don't feel like doing anything else. 

Currently I'm watching Zumbo's Just Desserts. It's not helping that donut craving! (Which I'm so getting tomorrow AM). 

What are you guys up to?
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I loved Zumbos!! Such cool ideas and designs. I got almost all the way through in one day and never finished it lol 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Anxiety has been acting up over the weirdest most random things. I'm at my parents right now and my cousin's husband is over watching his kids cuz my cousin took a birthday trip. (Confusing, don't ask, not what this is about lol) Anyways I needed some water. Hes standing in front of the kitchen sink. Was too scared to ask him to move so I went into the bathroom and literally drank out of the faucet. So weird.
    Edit to add: me and dude are really cool with each other. I could have totally excused myself and he would have thought nothing of it. But anxiety. Lol
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt That’s so funny!! I just want pics to prove some woman’s boobs were both the same before they got PG! My right has always been bigger than my left but hey I’m cool with a boy! 
    -“This has to be legit!!” she says as she immediately heads over to boy/girl post. It’s a boy!!!
  • Options
    @hellopartyof5 that was epic!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    Thanks for the entertainment @hellopartyof5
  • Options
    Man, our board is so tame- both a good and boring thing, lol
  • Options
    Anytime ladies! I love a good GBCB 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @jynjer91 Same. I guess that means I can only have boys. Lol
  • Options
    Wow that was ridiculous! I give teachers serious credit this time of year. I can't imagine dealing with restless kids eager for a break. 

I don't mind us being tame! Although apparently our FFFCs must not really be confessions according to that one poster!

Acronym help...
    WK
    GBCB - I'm assuming this is something akin to a flouncement. (announcing you're flouncing from a group).
  • Options
    @sammierose464
    WK - White Knight. That one took me a sec too.
    GBCB - Good Bye Cruel Bump
  • Options
    For some reason I kept thinking White Knuckle, which made no sense.
  • Options
    Lol at that November thread!
  • Options
    Wow that was a lot. Thanks for sharing @hellopartyof5!
  • Options
    Keep passing them along @krzyriver!
  • Options
    That november thread was a lot lol 

@krzyriver i was in O16 too but mostly just lurked but I recognized a screen name in that thread right away. I wonder how many others from then are due around us as well.
  • Options
    Wow that was an entertaining post on Nov18

Excited that December is up and running for real. Makes me feel like we are almost in the 2nd tri! For some of us that’s as early as next weekend depending on how you count it!
  • Options
    @nmadjeski Seems like half of O16 is pregnant right now. Lol. 

H surprised me with a wax today. Normally I nap while I get my legs and Brazilian done, even when I was pregnant with DS. But it definitely sucked today! Even my old boss who waxes me kept giving me breaks becuase I was so sensitive. It feels great now tho!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    When does 2nd tri start? 12w? 13w? 14w?
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    I think its 14w 
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt- depends on how you count it. 40 weeks of pregnancy divided by 3 gives 13 1/3. 

So at 14 weeks, you are definitely into 3rd trimester. But I have seen a site or two claiming 3rd trimester starts as early as 12 weeks (based on baby’s development rather than strict timelines).
  • Options
    @cdepperschmidt I've totally been wondering this. I know I've been way overthinking it. Was planning on starting to tell friends after first trimester. But then I was thinking I may as well after the 12-week appointment (as long as everything is good), because even if first tri doesn't end until 13 or 14 weeks, I don't have a doctor's appointment then to tell me we're still good. Again, I know I'm really overthinking it...
  • Options
    @hannaht8516 - That is exactly what I did. 

I told the small group of people that have known for a while that I would probably be announcing at 14w, but I don’t have any appointments between the one at 12w and then.  My 12w appointment was Friday and everything was great, so my Mom and I started telling all the people over the weekend. 
  • Options
    @knottieamusements Perfect. My 12w is this Thursday, and I can't wait to be able to tell people. I told my husband this weekend that I wanted to hide out until the appointment because I was so tired of hiding it/pretending nothing exciting is going on. Except of course then it's Easter weekend right after so we probably won't be seeing any of our friends like we usually do. Ugh!
  • Options
    If these kids don’t stop arguing, I am going to lose my mind.  It has been going on almost all day for at least a week and I don’t think I can handle it much longer. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So, I did a doozy yesterday... I was feeling ick in the morning so I took the 100mg of B6 after breakfast. I still didn't feel good, and just felt EXHAUSTED! DH took the 2 oldest to church and I just lazed around really, really wanted to go to sleep. DH gets home and his folks invite us for Sunday dinner and I told him to just go with the  kiddos. I ate a lil pot pie and went to take another B6... Only the bottle I grabbed wasn't B6... It was melatonin... I took melatonin that morning, so no wonder I was so tired! I took the real B6 and slept all afternoon! The rest came home around 3 and all took naps, too. And I still slept. 
    Bad news is the B6 I did take, did not help. :(
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    coffee-saurcoffee-saur member
    edited March 2018
    @purplegoldfish2 I hear ya on that one! The girls were fighting over EVERYTHING! I was about to go bonkers! They're getting along now, but everything they're playing takes LOUD noises :neutral: can't win today...
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Options
    @coffee-saur I just got up to break up another fight, moved too fast and half way to the other room had such bad RLP that it stopped me mid word.... totally got their attention though since I was standing there hunched over trying to breathe.  I just banned them from playing together or talking to each other or even being in the same room.  I can’t take it anymore and now it is causing me actual physical pain. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @coffee-saur Oh no! No wonder you wanted to sleep! Did you take the unisom with it?

I originally wasn't planning on announcing on social media until this coming weekend when I'm 12 weeks. I ended up deciding to do it after our U/S last week figuring nothing would change and I was just excited!