Weekly Randoms 3/19

Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great news on the bedroom situation @alinafed ! At least nobody had to catch the ferrets in your parents’ cottage. They can be really mean. I used to watch a neighbor’s house when they went on vacation and had 5 juvenile squirrels get in during a storm. My dad and I had to catch them with a bait fishing net and thick work gloves. It was not a fun experience. 
  • Options
    mrsbubbles-2mrsbubbles-2 member
    edited March 2018
    @alinafed - actually what you just described sounds 1000% better than the candy house!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @melprop great deal! I wish I had more work horses but I hate to invest in much more at this point

@alinafed the ferret story would have freaked me out! I'm glad you guys didn't witness it!

• Options
    @calimom2524 - my love-it is a hug. I'm so sorry for the craptastic weekend
    @melbel0824 - yay for starting the day with listening to baby's heartbeat! I'm sorry your dog had such a rough weekend, give her all the cuddles!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    I’m so ready to feel baby move. I’m 18 weeks tomorrow. I didn’t feel my boys move until late either, but I want this pregnancy to feel real and this will help! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @calimom2524 Welcome back!  Sorry about your little guy.  I do think swallowing a magnet is pretty dangerous, hopefully it comes out soon!

I was MIA all weekend spending time with the family.  I have no idea what I missed, but 'Hi' and Happy Monday everyone!
  • Options
    @calimom2524 Sorry to hear about the craptastic weekend - hope this week looks better for you!
    @melprop Good score on the CD! I've noticed most on the BST sites I"m on sell for almost what a brand new one costs - kind of mind boggling to me.
    @alinafed Great progress on the nursery! And the sugar shack sounds pretty interesting. Can't say I've ever had maple syrup on snow before.

H got a notice today that some guy who works the territory in the north part of the state put in his two weeks notice. H's boss offered him the job and said he would negotiate a pay raise for him if he took it. I'm not a fan, but it is the same city our families live in and H's parents have been declining health wise as of late. They help take care of H's brother and his wife (They are both special needs), so as his parents get older, H has had to step up and take care of more things for them - which is fine - but it means we always knew we'd have to move up north in the future - we just thought it would be 5 years from now, not this year. I'm not super excited about moving pregnant OR moving with a newborn, so I don't really know how i feel about the whole situation. We're gonna have a talk tonight. 
  • Options
    Hi everyone! 

@calimom2524 here’s hoping things look up for you! 

@hezzer78 that’s a big decision! I hope your talk goes well tonight. 

@alinafed ugh that is a gross ferret story!!! Thanks for sharing??? Lol

I was supposed to have a voice lesson today but my teacher cancelled this morning after I confirmed it last night and scrambled for a sitter. I can’t decide if he’s trying to get rid of me by cancelling a lot (that’s what my low self esteem says) or if he’s just old and getting unreliable. 
  • Options
    ladygali said:
    Hi everyone! 
    I was supposed to have a voice lesson today but my teacher cancelled this morning after I confirmed it last night and scrambled for a sitter. I can’t decide if he’s trying to get rid of me by cancelling a lot (that’s what my low self esteem says) or if he’s just old and getting unreliable. 

Haha sorry, misery loves company.

I'm sure your voice teacher isn't trying to get rid of you! Go home, low self esteem, you're drunk!

• Options
    @calimom2524 glad you are feeling better! Hope your son passes that darn magnet soon!!

@melbel0824 yay for hearing the heartbeat!

@F47 here in solidarity! 17 weeks this week and still haven't felt movement. I have felt a few flutters/quickening, but nothing substantial. I didn't feel DS until right at 20 weeks, so I have a feeling I have a few more weeks!

@hezzer78 it sounds like a good opportunity and makes sense given what you said, but I understand where you didn't think it would happen for awhile. Hopefully you and your H can talk tonight and figure out logistics and what works best for both of you!

AFM - I am battling allergies/maybe a cold and I'm over it. I spent all 1st tri feeling this way and now it's back. Grrr. I did go to the chiropractor at lunch though AND I got a massage so that's a huge win for a Monday! My low back is a little sore, but she stretched it really good, so I know that's why. Let's just say I definitely needed it!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @jsnakehole congrats, that's great!
    @calimom2524 Wow, I missed all that happened this weekend. Glad you're feeling better and hope DS passes the magnet soon. 
    @ladygali I doubt it's because he wants to get rid of you, lol, but I definitely sympathize because I have those irrational thoughts about people not liking me!! 

As for me ... DH is away for work this week and I feel like I am drowning with all I need to do because we're going to San Antonio on Saturday. I checked the forecast for next week and it looks a little rainy. Boo. 

Also I have to do a big drill tomorrow for work and I am so not looking forward to it, but it'll be the last one I ever have to do. Lol! 

• Options
    @F47 @lolog531

I'm 20 weeks today and haven't felt anything either. It's still early. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jsnakehole Congratulations!  It's always nice to get some positive reinforcement. 

@hezzer78 That's such a big decision but it sounds like a great opportunity.  I would love to move closer to my family...but they are really low maintenance.  

@f47 @lolog531 @derbysquirrel I'm also in the 'not feeling movement' club.  My doctor said it might be a while and not to be concerned but I'm just really anxious to feel something.  Every once in a while I think I might but its a gas cramp.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    I'm sorry for the FTMs who are in the "not feeling movement" club. I didn't feel movement with DD until very late (22-24 weeks) and it was aggggonizing! FX that changes soon! 
  • Options
    I haven't felt anything I don't think either. 
    Could be that I am rapidly growing and I am already growing out of the maternity clothes I bought. I have put on 11 pounds since November but It is all belly. So. Much. Belly. My LO has a lot of room to move in there. 

My sister pretty much gained all of her baby weight fast and belly only so i am thinking I am the same. 
  • Options
    @calimom2524 - *squeals of delight at teeny baby shoes!

No 'for sure' movement here yet either... I've had a few maybe baby moments but I'm just waiting for the big kicks and rolls!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't feel my first until after about 20 weeks. I felt this one for the first time around 10 weeks (which I thought was crazy, but apparently possible) and then off and on for a few weeks. Now daily. But I also don't *think* I have anterior placenta this time so that makes a big difference. 
  • Options
    @calimom2524 Ummmm what's the brand please and thank you?! Those are adorable!

My random of the day - we've been wanting to get a security camera or a Ring doorbell system lately, and after a package was possibly tampered with last week (DH said it looked like someone tried to open it, I was out of town and he didn't realize it was there for 2 days), I've been researching all different kinds. Since we're in a townhouse, I figured we'd need HOA approval and sure enough we do. Thankfully, 2 other neighbors are also wanting to do it, so we are all filling out the form we need to and getting each others' signatures and fingers crossed, they will approve it. 

I also mentioned to DH this weekend that I think it would be a good idea to sit down with a lender in a couple of months so we know what we would get approved for, and if it would be feasible later this year or early next year to buy a new house. He actually said he thinks it's a good idea too, so that's a win.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    lolog531lolog531 member
    edited March 2018
    @elsieisamoocow which ones are top contenders right now?? Our doorbell doesn’t work (and hasn’t since we moved in last summer!). We have been talking about a video one, or just a regular and getting cameras. We live in a quiet small town, but we live close to the downtown and a park right across the street. Also about 20min from a very large city. I worry when packages are left and what not. We just started talking about different options over the weekend and there’s so many to choose from! 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @elsieisamoocow moxshowroom.com is their sales website and they have a FB group called Mox Show Room VIP. I definitely suggest the FB group, there's a lot of info on the shoes and upcoming groups and stuff. DS2 wore them from about 6 months (when I discovered them) up until around 2.5yo. They're soft bottomed shoes made with different fabrics. I loved them so much. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

• Options
    @calimom2524 omg they have Harry Potter ones. Dying. Insert money flying away emoji.

@lolog531 I think we'll be going with the Ring doorbell. It's just a matter of if they'll approve us putting it right next to our front door with the battery powered one, or if they'll have us do it hard wired where the current doorbell is. The current doorbell is way off to the side and we'd have to get an angled plate for it to even see the front door, and even then our door is a bit sunken in the wall, so we might not be able to see someone's face if they're standing at the door, which defeats the purpose. 

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!

• Options
    @calimom2524 omg they have Harry Potter ones. Dying. Insert money flying away emoji.

@lolog531 I think we'll be going with the Ring doorbell. It's just a matter of if they'll approve us putting it right next to our front door with the battery powered one, or if they'll have us do it hard wired where the current doorbell is. The current doorbell is way off to the side and we'd have to get an angled plate for it to even see the front door, and even then our door is a bit sunken in the wall, so we might not be able to see someone's face if they're standing at the door, which defeats the purpose. 
    Oh yeah. They do all of the characters! They also have "lunar" mox which are like slippers and aqua ones that are perfect for the beach or the pool. I seriously cannot say enough good things about those shoes, they're WAHM and I love supporting other mom's and the quality is phenomenal. I've been around with them since she was a one woman operation and now she has like a legit business with employees and everything. It's been fun watching them grow!

• Options

Oh yeah. They do all of the characters! They also have "lunar" mox which are like slippers and aqua ones that are perfect for the beach or the pool. I seriously cannot say enough good things about those shoes, they're WAHM and I love supporting other mom's and the quality is phenomenal. I've been around with them since she was a one woman operation and now she has like a legit business with employees and everything. It's been fun watching them grow!
    That's awesome! I think a friend of mine who has a son a bit younger than DS had them for him. He was one of those kids who haaaaated to wear shoes with any sort of thick sole, and these look super familiar with that toe. Definitely keeping an eye on their stockings now!

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• Options
    @jsnakehole Hooray for a good review :) when I taught, I was at a school that I felt was mostly fair BUT I got dinged bc a kid had a fast food cup in class and I didn't address the 'no food/drink in class rule'. I actually HAD checked with him - he was collecting change in that cup for some fundraiser. Anyway, it didn't affect my overall rating but I obviously still think about it these days and that was almost 10 years ago!

I'm almost 19 weeks and finally feeling daily movement (but not the consistent movement that comes later on) and I really hadn't felt anything until sometime last week. I didn't feel anything until around 21 weeks with my first, but a bit earlier with my second - maybe around 16 weeks.

And those shoes are adorable but my kids go barefoot until they start walking bc I'm too cheap to splurge on baby shoes. And even then I only put shoes on them when I would feel socially obligated to do so bc walking barefoot is good for the early walker. But baby shoes are so so cute!
  • Options
    Guys. I am gloomy gus. Can we discuss threesomes or something similar, again. Because The board is dead. And I need some fun to get me out of my funk. Lol
  • Options
    @homequiltingmama that’s why mox are my favorite! The bottoms are fabric (though durable) so once they’re walking it’s the closest thing to barefoot. I don’t put much on them as non walkers though, totally not worth the money. 

• Options
    Oh and also. Wanna know what’s horribly uncomfortable to do while pregnant? 

Riding a bike. Won’t be doing THAT again any time soon. 

• Options
    Oh and also. Wanna know what’s horribly uncomfortable to do while pregnant? 

Riding a bike. Won’t be doing THAT again any time soon. 
    You need to go RZR riding with us before your ei date. Bounce that baby out! Lol. 
  • Options
    Hey guys just popping in trying to catch up. Had a nice St. Patrick's day and LO loved the big parade our town put on. I also have been organizing baby clothes and booked a mother's day babymoon with my Mama for a girls weekend on a horse ranch located among the rolling hills and cherry trees in northern (lower peninsula northern) MI. So excited for this.

@elsieisamoocow I had a freaking babyletto Crib in a heavy, awkward box stolen off of my front porch last year. People are nuts. A camera is a great thing! 

@derbysquirrel so glad the AS went well, congrats on the little fella! 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker