October 2018 Moms

It's a boy/girl/baby! POLL!

Re: It's a boy/girl/baby! POLL!

• @BrittanyCupcakes LOL! SS6's reaction was "It's a boy!...I wanted a girl..."
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamabearcj I’m with you, people keep asking what we want and I honestly do not have a preference. I know we will be happy with either sex. I can definitely understand having a preference and I always thought I wanted a boy first, but now the thought of a girl is awesome too! I like the bear idea...we promised our two dogs no more puppies so we are happy with whatever we get, besides a new puppy  ;)
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • DH really wants a little girl and I would like one eventually, but I will be happy with either one! Having a gender reveal in about a month and I cannot wait so I can start decorating the nursery. Still feels like forever to go! 
  • @spartan4life exactly, I'm just going to hope theyre healthy and be happy with what I get (: I used to want a boy first too but now I'm back to I'd be nice either way lol DH desperately wants a boy so I'd be happy if he gets that joy of having a boy first but my family is pretty big in producing girls so we shall see!!! I don't even have like a "feeling" on what it could be lol everyone I've talked to says they know but I'm like "it's a girl, well it could be a boy, I don't know!"
  • edited May 2018
    Its a boy! DS will get a brother for his birthday. He doesnt know whats coming. I'm terrified to raise 2 boys. I really wanted a girl super bad and I am suffering from gender disappointment but I have to be happy with what I got and realize my son will have a best friend to play with and they will hopefully like all the same things. Good luck to all the other ladies finding out soon! 
    Don't feel bad. I was in shock when I found out this one was a boy, I had myself convinced that it was a girl. After the shock wore off, I'm really excited to be getting ready for a new experience but initially I definitely had a mini breakdown about how I didn't know what I would be doing, and my daughter would never have a sibling BFF. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is amazing, and seeing your boys together is going to make you forget you ever wished you were having a girl. 

edited because thinking whilst pregnant is hard. 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Honestly I wanted a girl because I have a name picked out.. lol. DH and I can't agree on a name choice for a boy, he likes things that I  really don't and vice versa but I'd still be happy either way!!
    On the 'if I was a boy' subject: my parents had my brothers name chosen when they were pregnant with me! It took them forever to choose my name and they knew I was a girl!?! My cousin was supposedly a boy all the way until she popped out and she was a girl, my aunt was so surprised they had all blue stuff, and she was born a month after me, I'm pretty sure her favorite color is blue lol
  • sparklingwhitsparklingwhit member
    edited May 2018
    Edit: because sometimes the Bump bumps me twice. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Bumping for the newbies.
  • I am 17 weeks and opted for an elective ultrasound. As soon as the tech checked the HR (152) and the baby's heart (all 4 quadrants working) she then went looking for the sex. Well we got a quick flash, definitely a penis but he decided a second was enough and closed his legs tight. We tried everything the get him to spread his legs for a better view. If it wasn't his legs then it was his hand in the way. At the right angle you could see a penis between his legs but not the best for showing family (what am I looking at??). 
    I ended up with confusing looking at the pictures but actually seeing everything in motion, definitely boy. Anyone else have questionable pictures but knew it was that sex?
  • DunkinDecafDunkinDecaf member
    edited May 2018
    @alexa_94 I wouldn’t know better than your tech. I’m sure the dr who does your anatomy scan in 1-3 weeks will be able to give you a second opinion if baby cooperates and/or you bring these pictures to them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tlmill aw thats so sweet that hes so excited. I want a reaction like that but DS has no idea whats going on. Everyone in my family is now excited. Congratz on your little man! I think ive gotten past it now. Boys are so cute. There's gonna be 3 boys cousins for my sons under 1 and 1/2 by the time DS 2 is born, so its an all boy family on my bfs side. I should have known better. 
  • @alexa_94 we also did an elective ultrasound. We were told girl. With our first, it was really obvious. We had to go back for a second visit because she wouldn't cooperate the first time, but when we did get the view we wanted, I didn't even need the technician to tell me what we were looking at.

This one, it was very quick. The tech saw what she needed to see in a few seconds while baby was moving around, told us, then got another view where she pointed out "three dots" (which in my googling, comes up with boy stuff, but these three dots were in a row, not a triangle, which makes sense for a girl). 

We didn't get any pictures of the parts, which I'm okay with, because I really don't need pictures of my child's genitalia, even in utero. 

So, currently, I'm trusting that the tech does this for a living and has a lot more experience than I do. But I'm also not going out and buying anything pink just yet, until we have our anatomy scan and I feel more confident with the results. The early elective "gender" scans (in quotes because it is the term that the businesses use) are for entertainment purposes, not medical diagnosis, so I'm keeping that in mind.
  • @SawyerRichardson YAY!!! Two girls is the best <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's crazy how many people I know having boys this year! There are 9 women due at my office this year. One had a girl, 2 are team green, and the rest of us are having boys. Of the 5 sorority sister's I know due, 4 are boys.
  • @mamabearcj apparently it means eat your words, or something like that. Heard a coworker say it a while back and it stuck in my head lol
  • mamabearcjmamabearcj member
    edited May 2018
    @jemmerjams huh! Never heard that before, I was concerned he'd actually eat a bird! :D
    Edit to spell
  • @mamabearcj well there is that creepy children's rhyme/song about blackbird pies, right??  :D
  • Yep. Eat crow is an old saying.