September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions 3/3

124»

Re: Weekly Questions 3/3

• Options
    @BusinessWife I know this is about 18 years later, but we only have two AIOs: Thirsties and Imagine. TBH I don't think they've even been on the bum. I just wasn't crazy about how it was a one use and then into the dirty pile it goes, they seemed bulky to wash, and the absorbency wasn't super flexible. I also don't have a great way to dry that many diapers. I know some people swear by them, but it wasn't our jam. 

For the AI2, I didn't commit until baby was here. I bought a few BB covers and inserts, but it wasn't until we had a need for something other than prefolds/fitteds and covers that I committed to buying enough for a few days. 
  • Options
    Question- did anyone here get the Maternit21 test (genetic screening) or something similar? I am a little worried about doing it based on the run around-I am getting from my insurance company regarding cost. I called the lab and they quoted me $250 but my insurance is not really being specific and saying it could be up to $3000! I did it for my previous pregnancy but we had different insurance at that time... I believe it ended up being around $300. I don't want to be blindsided by a huge bill!  :)

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    iba34iba34 member
    @chicandbubbly

I'm getting the Harmony test, which is a similar genetic test. They have a program where if you are insured and the insurer rejects the claim, the maximum you can get stuck with paying out-of-pocket is something like $199. If you pay yourself and don't go through your insurance company, I believe they said it's about $600. 
  • Options
    iba34 said:
    @chicandbubbly

I'm getting the Harmony test, which is a similar genetic test. They have a program where if you are insured and the insurer rejects the claim, the maximum you can get stuck with paying out-of-pocket is something like $199. If you pay yourself and don't go through your insurance company, I believe they said it's about $600. 
    Do you know if this program exists in Canada, too?
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    fwtx5815fwtx5815 member
    edited March 2018
    @chicandbubbly exactly what @iba34 said. We did the Panorama and Horizon* tests (Natera) and since my insurance is out of network, they said the most I’d have to pay out of pocket is $200. I’ve read online that I *may* still get a bill for several thousand, but all I should have to do is call them and they’ll waive everything but $100-200. 

Edit bc I said Harmony when I meant Horizon test
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    Thanks @fwtx5815 and @iba34! I appreciate the feedback! I really want to do it so I may just go for it and pray I can get the billing worked out later... that might be a dumb move though lol.

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Options
    iba34iba34 member
    @chicandbubbly If the company doing your test has such a program, there should be a number that you can call to talk to them about it. It seems risky to just assume that they have a similar program, especially if you're in Canada. 
  • Options
    @chicandbubbly We just had a different test run and my dr told me that they weren’t sure if insurance would cover it, but the lab would run the insurance before starting and let me know the cost of the test before they started in case it was too expensive. Can you ask if something like that is an option?
    i just heard back from the lab last night and insurance is covering it fully. Yay!
  • Options
    question for mom's pregnant with number 3+

I am nearly 13 weeks and kinda expected I would have felt flutters by now (haven't had an US since 9 weeks so my mind is getting me - have one next week though)

With my first it was around 17 weeks and my second was 14 weeks... so keep thinking it might have happened by now with number 3?
  • Options
    @megnwingate I suffered with a sinus infection for two weeks until it got so bad, my ears filled up with fluid and my teeth hurt. Some medication helped clear up the green and Benedryl dried me right out. I highly recommend seeing the doc and hitting the benedryl up before bed. Good luck, girl. Sinus infections are the worst.
  • Options
    EErin86 said:
    @marym94 hey, only a stm but if you end up with an anterior placenta this time it would likely delay feeling anything. Just something to keep in mind 
    Exactly this.
  • Options
    @EErin86 @yosemite2018

thank you. that is helpful!
  • Options
    @marym94 this is number 3 for me I’m 15 weeks but measuring in at 17 weeks and I’m not feeling anything yet sans anterior placenta. 
  • Options
    nackie said:
    I didn’t think there was as big a difference between 2 and 3 as there was between 1 and 2.  I’m only on two though so I could be wrong 
    This^ I think also a lot of FTM's actually feel movement earlier than they realize because they don't know what it feels like. Then, in retrospect they realize movement was probably felt earlier. During subsequent pregnancies you recognize it earlier on. I've felt a couple very light taps during week 14 but nothing I would consider "flutters." I'm a STM with a posterior placenta (confirmed at NT scan). I recall stronger flutters around week 17 with my first pregnancy.
  • Options
    @marym94 This is #3 for me and I’m 14+5. I’ve yet to feel anything. I have a posterior placenta just like my first two. I never felt flutters with my first two either. Every time I think I feel something, it ends up being a gas bubble. Also, the first I feel anything, it’s usually a straight up kick. 19 weeks with my first and 17 weeks with my second. So I’m expecting to feel something in the next couple weeks. I keep expecting to feel something soon!
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    thank you all so much - very reassuring.  appreciate everyone's feedback XO