Infertility
Options

March 2018 IUI

Re: March 2018 IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake Don't worry about the cramping, I heard that's just normal. Try to stay hydrated all the time <3

@eabrahamson We are actually triplets with @FutureMrsMerati :smiley:  I saw one clinic's blog say a positive OPK means the second line is as dark as the control line and a Positive HPT doesn't necessarily have to be darker, as long as it has a line then it's positive. Well, as long as it's not an Evap or trigger, ykwim :wink:
  • Options
    suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    No, it was really bad. It's over now. There's just a mild discomfort. It was getting to the point of feeling like the mc from a few weeks ago. That's why I was worried. I've never had cramping like that after iui. Not on that level. I freak out about the poss of ectopics because previous abdominal surgery and fertility meds increases the risk. I have a thermometer next to me lol

Thank you for the suggestion @tinjp78 . I have a big cup of ice water right now. 

Eta: I just saw your previous post. I'm sorry that you are spotting. It sucks so much to see a bfn. Fx for you that the spotting is a good sign and that you'll get a positive soon. <3 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited March 2018
    @suzycupcake Thank you. It was snowing here the whole morning so it was kind of dim but it had stopped now so the bright blue sky is cheering me up a bit.

Probably you can call your clinic about that unusual cramping? That intensity seems pretty weird. Do you have some large amount of bleeding? And did your RE prescribe some antibiotics for you to take after the IUI?
  • Options
    Looks like I am back in the game for March! New cycle started and my cysts have mostly gone away so I can start Clomid again. I asked the doctor whether Femara would be better, but he said that I would still have the same problem with cysts on that. Let’s hope this month works - I have had to skip the past four cycles due to cysts or overstimulation. The only bad part is that my in laws are staying with us during ovulation time. We need to figure that out, haha...
  • Options
    @scully127 I over responded to clomid both times. 4 big and hemmhoragic cysts. This even happened with cutting back the dose.  My RE switched me to Femara. No cysts on 5mg or 7.5mg. Not too sure how your doctor would have any clue on that since you’ve never tried it. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    Hi there @scully127 I'm glad the cysts are gone. Fx that cycle would be a success :smile:
  • Options
    I have my FX for all of you this month! There are so many people with positive news so I can't tag all of you! Lol. 
    AFM, I have my second ultrasound tomorrow to see where the follies are at and then hopefully I'll be able to trigger and get my IUI this week. Lucky number 7, right?! Lol!
    Me: 29 DH: 30Married 07/05/2008TTC since 09/2013IUI: Oct. 17 2015 BFN: 11/05/15IUI: June 14 2016 BFP: 07/04/16 (Miscarried07/06/16)IUI: Sep. 21 2016 BFN: 10/05/16IUI: Oct. 24 2016 BFN: 10/29/16IUI: Nov. 11 2016 BFN: 11/25/16IUI Feb. 26 2018 BFN: 03/08/18 (First IUI with meds)IUI March 26 2018 BFP: 04/10/18Furbaby: Copper (Shiba Inu) 3 years old

• Options
    Aunt Flo just showed up. I didn't even get the chance to test. Maybe next month. 
  • Options
    @nurserin07  i'm sorry  :( though sometimes for me the testing is so stressful that I would rather just start AF rather than see a BFN.  hoping the best for you next time around.

@suzycupcake  I had uterine cramping/discomfort the entire day of the IUI.  The timing is a little different than yours but I also had no cramping whatsoever last time around.  I'm not sure why, but I think it is normal.

Gosh I'm excited for all the BFPs out there!  Praying for sticky babes and great betas.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    @eabrahamson - I'm a chronic POAS addict and always test out my trigger. It's usually gone by 7 or 8 days past. What DP IUI are you now? If it's 12+ I'd say that's a good sign you got your BFP! Fingers crossed!! You can post the picture of the test on the "what does a positive pregnancy test look like" thread on First Tri.

And thank you, everyone, for the support. I've calmed down. I was really angry initially, especially when they asked me if I wanted to thaw more than 1 vial of ICI sperm. I'd asked so many times if the protocol was different because the sperm prep wasn't IUI specifically and they said no, it's not a problem, we just have to wash it ourselves but it won't make a difference where that's done. Ugh!

The counts and motility were very good. 10 million and 64% motility. If this month is a BFN it's because the 1 egg that I ovulated was not a good egg and there's nothing I (or anyone else) can do to control that so I won't be angry with the clinic. Now I just have to deal with the side effects from my suppositories. My breasts already feel like aching, pendulous bowling balls and I want to eat my way through a vat of sausage gravy and biscuits. These symptoms will get progressively worse throughout the TWW and I may not even have the benefit of a lovely, implanting embryo in the end. Prometrium is a bitch.
  • Options
    @nurserin07 Oh hun, I'm so sorry. AF is such a jerk. Praying for you.
    Me: 29 DH: 30Married 07/05/2008TTC since 09/2013IUI: Oct. 17 2015 BFN: 11/05/15IUI: June 14 2016 BFP: 07/04/16 (Miscarried07/06/16)IUI: Sep. 21 2016 BFN: 10/05/16IUI: Oct. 24 2016 BFN: 10/29/16IUI: Nov. 11 2016 BFN: 11/25/16IUI Feb. 26 2018 BFN: 03/08/18 (First IUI with meds)IUI March 26 2018 BFP: 04/10/18Furbaby: Copper (Shiba Inu) 3 years old

• Options
    @nurserin07 I'm sorry AF showed up. Mine arrived today too. Sigh.... :'(
  • Options
    linz36linz36 member
    edited March 2018
    @tinjp78 oh no...I’m so sorry Aunt Flo showed up...I was really hoping this was your month. Sending you big internet hugs!!!!

@eabrahamson I’m so excited for you!!! My second line was very faint up until a few days ago so don’t worry about that. FX for your beta!!!! I also tested out my trigger shot and it was out of my system in 10 days, so 8dpiui

@suzycupcake I had back to back IUIs last cycle and I had the worst cramping the day after. Like nauseated, lying on the couch in pain cramping. Of course I googled it and found a few articles that said that some women are sensitive to the stuff they use to wash and prepare the sperm prior to IUI and it can cause a lot of cramping. Thankfully it went away and I was fine. FX for you!!!!

@Chartleib FX for good follies!!!!

@nurserin07 I’m sorry Aunt Flo showed up :-(

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    @tinjp78 & @nurserin07 so sorry to hear about AF :( 

@eabrahamson keep us posted!

AFM TW... 
    Just heard back from the doctor... my beta was at 105! They said they were hoping for 70, so they were very pleased! :) Supposed to go back in on Friday to check again... gosh, I really really really hope this is it. I think I'll be on pins and needles until then.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @nurserin07 I'm sorry honey. Big hugs to both you and @tinjp78 . Af will be over before you know it ladies, and you'll be back to trying again. Rooting for you!!

@wishing-and-hoping Thanks. You and I had cps around the exact same time last iui. It seems you had your iui a couple of days after I did this cycle. Wait, aren't you my cycle twin???

Thanks @linz36 Part of the reason I was worried is because last cycle when I got my first bfp, I had no symptoms at all so I thought oh no, if this is happening, it means this cycle failed. Completely ridic obvs... Anyway, the cramping hasn't come back thank goodness.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    So after going in on Monday due to follicles being too small on Friday I was told that there was no growth. Since I haven't ovulated yet I am now going on Chlomid for 5 days back to the Dr on Thursday to see if my body responds to that medication. Still awaiting for my IUI date. I'm not sure if anyone else has switched from letrozole to chlomid before, but any experiences would be great!

• Options
    @suzycupcake I hate that we both had CPs at the same time but love that we're cycle twins.  Hope we get matching (lasting) BFPs this time around!  Knowing the odds of IUI actually working, are you also feeling like there's no way you'll get KU twice in a row?  My mind is so pessimistic sometimes.

@wine_mama16 interesting!  i didn't know they could do 2 rounds of letrozole/clomid in a cycle.  hope that works like a charm and you see some good growth Thursday!!!  if not, i know others here have done injectables to help add to the follicle growth and that seems to work well.
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    edited March 2018
    @wine_mama16 I'm sorry that this has happened, but just keep in mind that something is gonna make those follicles grow whether it's clomid or adding injectables into the equation. I don't have experience switching from femara to clomid but I do have experience switching the other way around. I have read that sometimes women's bodies don't respond to femara and will with clomid. Please keep us updated. It helps me to keep a record of follicle u/s measurements so I can suggest things to my RE. She is happy to try it my way sometimes which I think is good. We go through enough with this crap to not be considered partners in it. 

@wishing-and-hoping Yes! I totally feel that way too but I'm still hoping that it will happen. Then I go back to not being able to hope or feeling like I'm only fooling myself. Ugh. Are you also having nightmares about it? I've been and they are mostly about bleeding and never being able to get pregnant again. My RE did tell me that rates are really high after a mc though. I really hope that's true and that both of us will have our dreams come true this cycle! <3 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    Thanks for the support guys. Saying prayers for us all to have babies soon!
  • Options
    @suzycupcake  I read that too about the high rates after mc.  I thought I must have mis-read it but I guess that is a thing?  No dreams (yet!) but I definitely fluctuate between overblown hope (felt a little cramping today, maybe implantation!) to definite doubt (my chart only matches with 34% of pg charts; odds of IUI are so low!)
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    TW-I got a positive on a digital this morning-waiting on blood test results
  • Options
    @eabrahamson A positive!!! Wow!!! This is great news. I'm praying for good results on your beta day!

Thank you guys for your support. Seeing BFP's on this board diverts my focus to the positive and hopeful side of things rather than on my sad outcome. Keep those BFP's coming! :smile:

I'll be preping for my last IUI. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    @tinjp78 keep up the great attitude!!!

AFM-TW
    My blood test came back with HCG of 45
    End TW

Im hoping for lots of BFP here!!!!
  • Options
    Congrats @eabrahamson!!!! The December bmb is up. I'll look for you :)

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @suzycupcake it's so funny that you say you were thinking last month wasn't the cycle for you because you didn't have any symptoms. I felt the same way this cycle up until Sunday, just two days before my beta. I had been monitoring my symptoms since the IUI and hadn't experienced even one besides some mild cramping 5-6 days afterwards which my doctor reminded me could have been gas  :s (yay!) Then all of a sudden, on Sunday I woke up and my boobs hurt a lot, which doesn't happen to me when I'm expecting AF. I remembered that feeling from when we had our CP in January, and thought that there was still a chance. I took a test the next morning and couldn't believe my eyes, especially after such a low sperm count from my husband this time around. If I've learned anything, it's that I would recommend never losing out on hope until you get AF!  <3 Oh, and I think you and @wishing-and-hoping are correct about the higher rates after miscarriage... our success has come just two months after our CP.

Anyone think I'm crazy for still doing a pregnancy test every morning to compare to the previous one to see how the lines are darkening? (especially you @linz85 )  I'm just nervous after our CP in January, although that one started with a much lower beta of 25 and reduced down to 23 by the next test whereas this time we've started with 105.
  • Options
    Oh, and big congrats @eabrahamson! :) 
  • Options
    @FutureMrsMerati I still POAS once a day or every other day to calm my nerves. I know it’s neurotic but it makes me feel better. I think I’ll keep doing it until I run out completely. It did take about 7 days for the line to darken on the ICs so don’t read too much into the color of the line or you’ll drive yourself nuts.

@eabrahamson congratulations!!!

@tinjp78 are you guys doing anything different for this next IUI? I really hope this cycle will be the one for you!!!!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

• Options
    ginny_203ginny_203 member
    edited March 2018
    @linz36 I have about 40 of the HCG strips left from my Amazon bulk order, so I'll be able to cater to my neuroses for quite a while longer ;) Glad to know I'm not the only one. I do see the line darkening slightly from day to day.

Update: I finally figured out how to change my user name. The last one (from The Knot originally) didn't really work anymore, since "Future Mrs. Merati" has been a Mrs. since 2014 :) 
  • Options
    @ginny_203 you are not crazy at all for POAS to compare the lines.  Going through a CP was hell, so I would definitely be doing everything in my power to know more about what was going on in my body (and not have to have it all rely on the call from the RE).  It sounds like everything is right on track this time around!!! fx so hard for your next beta.

@eabrahamson ditto to you! fingers crossed for the next one!!!  lots of sticky vibes.

AFM I am now 7dpiui and just willing the next week to fly by.  On a funny note, I pulled a prenatal vitamin out of my dog's mouth this morning! Lordy.

TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    I have two follies at a 14 and looks like they're growing 2mm a day. IUI is scheduled for Monday. Taking ovidrel on Saturday and starting estrace on Sunday. Here's to lucky number 7!

• Options
    @Chartleib woo hoo, looks like we will be about 5 days ahead of you, but I'm hoping both our twws go by fast and end with a BFP
  • Options
    @chartleib...yay for the follies...FX for your IUI on Monday!!!!

• Options
    @ginny_203 Oh haha you're fmm, now mrs and have been for awhile. It took me a minute to make the connection. I was like who is this ginny person? Have I spoken to her before?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    Haha @suzycupcake yes I'm not new here! ;) Just a new name! 
  • Options
    linz36 said

@tinjp78 are you guys doing anything different for this next IUI? I really hope this cycle will be the one for you!!!!
    My next appointment with my dr is on Mon, we'll know the new protocol then.

@Chartleib and @rmartin_ttc GL on your upcoming IUI!!!

@wishing-and-hoping  I hope your dog won't pull any more tricks on you :)

Today, I'll be assessing my previous TWW and prepare for a plan for my next one. I know that I don't have so much control over this condition I'm in but I've got to do my best at this time with the resources that I've got.

• Options
    @tinjp78 I know how hard the wait can be. When you get to the next step it’s more obstacles too- let me know if you come up with any good coping mechanisms
  • Options
    @wishing-and-hoping thanks you for the encouragement, i was surprised to hear that they could give me those back to back in the same cycle as well. I'm hoping to see some growth by Thursday, but if not it's nice to know I can ask for injections. 

@suzycupcake My follicles were at 9 the largest was about 10, so I will definitely keep you updated after my Ultrasound next Thursday. It's great that your dr is working with you as a partnership I mean we go through all these things and obviously do some research and at times we have to be our own advocate.

Overall I'm glad my dr put me on chlomid so I didn't have to wait until my next cycle, but I feel like it is doing crazy stuff to my hormones. I am so emotional these past two days and I am just trying not to drive my husband crazy.
  • Options
    Waiting for beta #2- hope numbers are good; otherwise back to square 1!
  • Options
    fx for you @eabrahamson ! <3
    TTC History in Spoiler
    TTC 21 cycles
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD