Infertility
Options

March 2018 IUI

Re: March 2018 IUI

• Options
    Hello everyone, I am new to this group. I started my first round of fertility meds this month with IUI scheduled for this Saturday. I am nervous, anxious and just feeling all the emotions. I am sending all the love and baby dust to you all!
  • Options
    @wine_mama16. This month was my first round and I've been so anxious too! Hang In there! Stay strong! Baby dust to you too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Chartleib Thanks. I still haven't finished my grad school papers yet so that definitely takes my mind off of my TWW for a while. It's funny how I should try to regulate my stress while doing the durn research. When I'm starting to feel irritated while working on it, I pause for some minutes and take a break by doing some house work, watching cute videos on YouTube and stuff like that. I hope you're having a good day :smile:

@suzycupcake Thanks. Yes this is my IUI #2/2b. I'm here in Japan so the protocols are slightly different from what you do there in the US.

IUI#1-
    CD17(am) - 2puffs Buserecure Nasal Spray (works like Lupron),
    CD17 HCG 3000iu trigger (IUI day),
    CD20-30 Duphaston 20mg/day

IUI#2/2b
    CD9- Ferring HMG 150iu,
    CD12- 2puffs Buserecure Nasal Spray,
    CD13 (IUI#2) HCG 3000iu trigger,
    CD14 (IUI#2b),
    CD18 HCG 3000iu
    CD16-25  Duphaston 20mg/day

@FutureMrsMerati  I'm sorry too that you aren't very optimistic for this month. Did you usually feel some symptoms during your previous TWWs and this time was totally different? 

• Options
    @tinjp78 I don't get why they do iui on the same day as trigger. Isn't it that we will ovulate between 24 and 36 hours after the surge? You're right, those are different things than I'm used to seeing. 

Is your body low in estrogen to warrant the lupron like med? I don't know anything about lupron. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• Options
    Hi so a little bit about me:

I’m 32 and my husband is as well. We started trying a year and a half ago. I’ve always had regular periods and ovulation and temps looked right. In November, we got my husband tested and his numbers and motility came out low. We met with an RE and started testing in Jan-Feb- everything looks good for me. His numbers are still lower but he is on clomid and seeing a urologist as well. They told us to go straight to IUI with Clomid and trigger because all but about $90 of everything is covered by insurance. Trying to decide how many I want to do before we move to IVF.
  • Options
    @tinjp78 I don't get why they do iui on the same day as trigger. Isn't it that we will ovulate between 24 and 36 hours after the surge? You're right, those are different things than I'm used to seeing. 

Is your body low in estrogen to warrant the lupron like med? I don't know anything about lupron. 

It's also interesting to talk about the IVF protocols here in Japan :smiley:

Abt the question why HCG was administered on the same day as IUI, my clinic uses the Natural Cycle Timing  (LH surge confirmation and u/s) and believes that IUI is ok to be performed WITHIN 24 hrs of HCG administration.

Other clinics time the IUI based on the trigger shot timing, that is IUI to be done 40-42 hrs after HCG.

You might notice a second HCG shot 48hrs after my IUI #2b, a research showed 22.6% success rate up with this. (Well, we'll see abt that.)

From my IVF experience last Aug2017, I've been put on the long protocol,  Japanese doctors seem to prefer this over the short one to prevent OHSS. The Beserecure is a GnRH agonist. It's true that it induces hypoestrogenism but its main role for me is the suppression of spontaneous ovulation. I should administer it intranasal 24-36 hours before the IUI or ER. This med is also used to treat endometriosis.
  • Options
    Hi so a little bit about me:

I’m 32 and my husband is as well. We started trying a year and a half ago. I’ve always had regular periods and ovulation and temps looked right. In November, we got my husband tested and his numbers and motility came out low. We met with an RE and started testing in Jan-Feb- everything looks good for me. His numbers are still lower but he is on clomid and seeing a urologist as well. They told us to go straight to IUI with Clomid and trigger because all but about $90 of everything is covered by insurance. Trying to decide how many I want to do before we move to IVF.
    DH's count is also on the low side. He is drinking tomato juice (with no sugar/salt) everyday. I asked him why it's good for him, he says it's rich in lycopene :smiley: We see good changes from the time he started this habit. 

How's your TWW going?
  • Options
    @nurserin07 Thanks. It just feels like so much sometimes, but I know it will all be worth it! Good luck to you!

@eabrahamson Welcom! Is this your first IUI? I know that my Dr recommended we do three rounds and this month will be my first. Here’s hoping we can get a BFP soon!
  • Options
    @wine_mama16- yes it’s my first one! It’s hard to know if my symptoms are pregnancy
    or just the drugs. Keep us posted on how your IUI goes!

@tinjp78- Thanks for checking in. I feel like I have a ton of symptoms but it could be anything, frustrating! Blood test is Tuesday- hoping for baby but not going to test until that day
  • Options
    @linz36 Just over here in CT anxiously awaiting an update! :) Sending lots of happy thoughts your way!

@eabrahamson & @wine_mama16 welcome! 
  • Options
    Ultrasound did not go well today. Lining of 4.5, and four small follicles all around 8 and one at 13. Going back in on Monday and, excuse the language, but he was a dick when we asked RE what game plan is if nothing has changed by then. He told us that it's just to early to see if anything has worked and that's like someone who is five weeks pregnant asking why they don't have a belly yet, it's just too soon. Sooo, we are calling other places today and setting up consultations. We are going back on Monday and if nothing has changed and he still wants to do an iui in not wasting our time or money or our sperm. We are walking out and going somewhere else and trying something else. If anyone who has any information about the cost of injectibles I would appreciate it, I need all the info I can get and I made a new discussion board for it. 
  • Options
    linz36linz36 member
    edited March 2018
    @rmartin_ttc I can’t believe your RE said that. I think sometimes they are so overwhelmed with everyone asking the same question or concerns that they forget that every person needs to be treated with caring and respect. I don’t know why he had to make such a comparison...so rude. I’m glad you are looking into other clinics if this cycle is unsuccessful. FX that things change and everything will go well for you guys this cycle.

@tinjp78 How are you feeling? You sound like yourself again (which is really difficult to tell by reading posts) so that’s good!!! It must be interesting doing this whole process in Japan all while comparing it to the process here in the states. As for IUI trigger timing my clinic does IUI 16 and 36 hours after trigger...so I can see where the day of and 24 hours could work. My doctor says that he believes that the washed sperm actually lives for a day after IUI. Fx for you...I’m anxiously waiting for your beta!!!!!

@wine_mama16 welcome to the group!

@FutureMrsMerati I got my second beta today and it was 550...which is awesome. So I’m allowing myself to be excited!!! I did have some light brown spotting early but the doc said it’s okay.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    So I went in today for my ultrasound and the follicles aren’t big enough and I’ll be seen again on Monday for another ultrasound and depending on growth will go from there. A little disappointed, but I half expected this to happen. 

@rmartin_ttc seems like we are in similar situations, here’s hoping good news for both of us on Monday and 
  • Options
    linz36 said:
    I got my second beta today and it was 550...which is awesome. So I’m allowing myself to be excited!!! I did have some light brown spotting early but the doc said it’s okay.
    Woooohooo! This post really made my day! Congratulations dear! I'm praying for a happy and stress free 9 months for you! <3
  • Options
    @linz36 sooo excited for you! It made my day too :)
  • Options
    @linz36 congrats!!!
  • Options
    Feeling anxiety today. I have a blood test for my first iui on Tuesday with 4 mature follicles, and I got my IUI March 7th, trigger March 5th- since the procedure I’ve been exhausted and sleeping all the time (usually I have insomnia and only sleep an hour or so each night but I’ve slept through the night without waking up) have sore breasts, nausea, backaches and cramping. I guess it’s just hard to know if this is the medicine or a good sign??
  • Options
    @eabrahamson hopefully a good sign! I'm in my 2ww from my IUI and the anxiety is miserable!
  • Options
    @tinjp78 Wow, maybe I should move to Japan! I love that they pay such close attention and really care about a woman's body. Thanks for the education. 

@linz36 Congratulations honey! Will you be in the November bmb?

@wine_mama16 Welcome :) We had our iui today too so it seems that you and I are going to be cycle twins right now. I've always wanted a cycle twin! <3 

@eabrahamson Did you already do iui?

People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• Options
    @eabrahamson about 8 days after my IUI I started to get really tired and I fell asleep at work. I knew something was up when I went to bed at 9pm (I'm generally up until 2am). FX that these symptoms are a good sign for you!

@tinjp78 and @FutureMrsMerati thanks for the congratulations! I finally feel like this is real!!! 

@suzycupcake good luck with your IUI, FX this is the one for you!!! And yes I did join the November BMB. I was going to wait but I saw there were some ladies there who were just as early as me so I went ahead and joined. I'm hoping some of you guys will be able to join me there shortly!!!

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

• Options
    @linz36 I was there when the Nov bmb first went up but unfortunately, we experienced an early loss last cycle. I really hope I will get to join Dec. I will stalk you over in Nov. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. I'm so thrilled for you!!!! 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo Way far behind on a this thread. However, I think where the 40% comes in from @suzycupcake with the chance of multiples is as follows:
    If clomid alone has a 5% chance of multiples, injectables may add 40% more chance. That would take you up to 7% chance. (Those are example numbers). Hope that makes sense :). PM me if you have any questions @wishiwaspreggo
  • Options
    8dpiui here...tested out trigger shot. I have no symptoms. My nipples were sore but I was freezing so I think that’s why. No breast tenderness, no exhaustion, no spotting. I think I’m out this month :( 
    Me - 29 PCOS, Hypothyroidism, elevated Prolactin 
    DH - 30 Azoospermia 
    Dating since 2007, married since 2014

TTC since 11/16
    IVF w/ICS I#1 9/17 - 0 eggs fertilized 
    IUI w/DS - 3/10/18
  • Options
    @FutureMrsMerati So happy for you!!! Sending good vibes that this is a sticky baby!! 
  • Options
    Had our 14 day ultrasound today and miraculously the lining went from a 4.5 to a 7, and we had one follicle at 17 and one at 10. We are triggering tomorrow and iui Wednesday. Trying to be positive, but not super hopeful and glad we have an appt set up with a new re on April 23rd. Really hoping this works for us so we can have a 2018 baby, but also excited for better possibilities at a new clinic, so
    its a win win either way and we are just going to remain positive and optimistic. 
  • Options
    @kra6789 Last month with my CP, I had no symptoms either at 8dpIUI.  Even on progesterone (which is weird for me). Obviously a CP is NOT what you want, but I was (for a short time) pregnant with no symptoms.  It was only around days 13/14pIUI that I was sleepier than usual.  There is definitely hope.  Lots of people say they didn't have any symptoms!  You might not have even implanted yet.  FX for you

@FutureMrsMerati  ahh!  let us know how subsequent tests go!!!  that is GREAT news and I am hoping the best for you

@rmartin_ttc That's a great improvement!!!  

TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    Thanks @jrm_14. Much less concerned about twins now. I only had 1 lead follicle. It was 16 mm on Friday, estrogen 88 so not a super response. Did one more 150 IU of Gonal-F on Friday night and then triggered on Saturday night.

All went well up until today, the IUI day. I was here for an ultrasound on Friday and asked a million times if my wife needed to sign any other consents before go time because she couldn’t be with me today. Low and behold, I call to get the sperm sample thawed and prepared for IUI and they tell me it’s under her name and she needs to sign it over to me. They were saying she needed to be here in person and I was freaking out and then they were saying she could sign it and have it notarized and faxed to the office but who the fuck has time for that on a Monday morning??? I said “I spent over a thousand dollars on medication alone. I cannot do this again.” They accepted a signed email document with a copy of her ID. Then they said they’d thaw the sample but oh, sorry, it’s ICI preparation so it’ll take an hour and a half to wash and thaw so take a seat in the waiting room. Then they asked me if I wanted to thaw 1 or 2
    vials because they don’t know if the counts will be acceptable after washing. Um... I don’t know?! Why the hell didn’t the doctor go over this with me during my consults when I said I was using ICI sperm??? I have exactly 4 vials left of our donor’s sperm so each one has to count. I am going to cry. If the numbers come back low and no one told me that was a possibility WEEKS ago when we started this I am going to raise hell.

Whatever. I knew this cycle only had a small chance of working anyway but I wanted the best chance possible, damn it. Now I feel like my clinic has completely fucked up. First they left my wife sitting in the IUI room for an hour holding her thawed sperm because they forgot about her, and now this.

Fuck this place. In a few days I’m gonna contact the other clinic and get the ball rolling to move on to Ivf. They’re using a new technique and I know they’re motivated to get women pregnant to bump their success rates with it so if they want to use me for marketing, so be it. Done done done.
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time with your clinic. They really dropped the ball! I hope that you find a much better clinic that will help you and your wife and not freaking forget either of you. I just can't believe they did that. I'm so sorry. 

@rmartin_ttc FX for you and your wife for this cycle to work!
    Me: 29 DH: 30Married 07/05/2008TTC since 09/2013IUI: Oct. 17 2015 BFN: 11/05/15IUI: June 14 2016 BFP: 07/04/16 (Miscarried07/06/16)IUI: Sep. 21 2016 BFN: 10/05/16IUI: Oct. 24 2016 BFN: 10/29/16IUI: Nov. 11 2016 BFN: 11/25/16IUI Feb. 26 2018 BFN: 03/08/18 (First IUI with meds)IUI March 26 2018 BFP: 04/10/18Furbaby: Copper (Shiba Inu) 3 years old

• Options
    @FutureMrsMerati Yay!!! I’m so excited for you. FX that your beta is awesome!!!!

@tinjp78 FX for your beta!!!!!

@rmartin_ttc that’s awesome that her lining improved! I hope this IUI does the trick for you guys...FX!!!!!

@wishiwaspreggo OMG I cannot believe you had to deal with that. I would be super pissed.  I’m so sorry you had to go through that.

@kra6789 an absence of symptoms does not mean that you are out this cycle, everyone’s body is different. FX for you!

@suzycupcake I have my fingers crossed that this is your cycle and you’ll be apart of the December BMB! 

• Options
    @kra6789 The same thing as what @wishing-and-hoping said. I had no symptoms either and it was the first time I didn't have any pms symptoms at all. 8dpiui is too early to be pregnant anyway. Implantation can happen up to 12piui. No symptoms is what made me poas in the first place and I hope that this is a really really good sign for you. Fx for you!

@FutureMrsMerati Thank you! And I am so so so so thrilled for you <3 All the prayers going up for you!

@rmartin_ttc Omg yes for the mature follicle! It only takes one and I know it isn't what you hoped for. We are all rooting for you and your wife! I'm glad you found a new RE. It sounds like the current one needs to learn how to adjust the medication or something. Yay for positivity! I mean, it really does help for sanity's sake <3 

@wishiwaspreggo omg how ridiculous! I'm so so sorry! I wanna say a lot of choice words because I cannot stand injustice, but I know you're trying to be optimistic about going somewhere else so I will do the same. All the hugs and love and prayers for you guys. Rooting for you!

@linz36 Thank you honey :) I've been stalking you over there lol 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @rmartin_ttc so happy to hear the good news about her lining and follicles! Keep us posted on how it goes, and so glad to hear you've got an appointment set up with a new RE regardless. Hopefully the new one will be more receptive and have a better bedside manner! 

@wishiwaspreggo so sorry to hear you had to deal with all of that BS! It really seems very unprofessional to say the least. I'm so happy to see you're also changing clinics anyway, but sorry you've had to go through this in the meantime.

@suzycupcake @linz36 thank you thank you! Cautiously optimistic over here and hoping tomorrow's beta result is a good one! :)
  • Options
    @FutureMrsMerati Please keep us posted! I do understand the cautiously optimistic part. Remember that the numbers mean absolutely nothing. All that matters is that they double and it takes more than one test to prove that. And if they don't double all of the way, that means nothing too. It doesn't mean it won't the next time. Every woman and every pregnancy is different. Please try to relax, take care of your body and baby. Do something nice for yourself. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    @wishiwaspreggo I'm really sorry you had to go through something like that and I hope your iui went better after that horrendous morning. FX to both is us that it works, and that we don't need to go to consults with other clinics.

@FutureMrsMerati I was going to say what @wishiwaspreggo said. dont worry about the numbers too much as long as they double! I really hope this is it for you
  • Options
    TW-i think I see a 2nd line on the test I took tonight- am I allowed to post a pic? Super nervous....
  • Options
    tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited March 2018
    Wow!!! A second line!!! @eabrahamson That's great! Oh btw, I think the admin said no to HPT picture uploads. Anyway, a line is a line, squeeee!!! Do you have a schedule for beta?
  • Options
    @suzycupcake @wine_mama16 good luck on your TWWs! 

@tinjp78 let me know how things go tomorrow...

AFM... *TW*
    My breasts got very sore yesterday and I remembered the feeling from when we'd been pregnant before our CP in January. I took a pregnancy test this morning which is one day before my missed period and our beta is scheduled (3/20)...and got a faint BFP!! I'm using cheapo tests from Amazon because I wanted to buy in bulk, so I'm going to buy something better tonight and test myself tomorrow morning. I know I'm getting the blood test done tomorrow but I want immediate results ;) Cautiously excited!! Please keep good vibes coming... 

Buddy!!!! You got a BFP!!!! Wow wow!!!! I'm praying for good numbers on your beta day!
  • Options
    I'm having some considerable af type cramping that started about 15 minutes ago. I just took tylenol because that's all I can take :( I've never had menstrual cramping 2dpiui. Is this normal? I'm so concerned because we did treatment right after experiencing an early loss. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Options
    AFM, AF is a day late but Ive been getting some brown spotting (which is usual for me the day before AF comes) and got bfn's on cheepo hpt's. I'm praying for AF to stay away. 
  • Options
    @tinjp78 my beta is tomorrow! We are twins! Hah

TW-I’m just worried that somehow the trigger could still be there or something but I can see the second line although not as dark as the control- that’s a good sign right?-End TW

How is everyone else doing?