October 2018 Moms
Options

Nursery Themes

I thought since some have started talking about nursery themes, we could start a thread to share ideas!

DH quickly decided he wanted to do woodland animals, and after seeing all of the adorable stuff he pinned on Pinterest...I'm in love. He loves to be outdoors and in the woods, so it fits well.

Re: Nursery Themes

• Options
    norahkate said:

@sammierose464 I agree...so many cute ideas for this one!  can't wait to see yours progress.

our nursery theme will be "corner of our bedroom" :D but really, I am spending a fair amount of time on pinterest deciding how to decorate that corner. we did the same with two of our babies and it worked well, and it is a very manageable space to imagine decorating when I am this exhausted all the time!

Our bedroom is so tiny, that I'm trying to figure out if there's even room for a bassinet! SS will be moving our our upstairs bungalow area so that we have a room for the baby. He doesn't know baby is coming yet, but we have been getting him excited about the idea of moving upstairs to a bigger room.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we will be leaving the nursery as is and setting up a new room for DS in the guest room. He’ll be 22 months when the LO is born, but I’d like to have him transitioned a few months before hand so it’s not such a shock. Not sure if we’ll get another crib or try and transition him to a toddler bed. We’ll see what he’s like closer to that time. I’m leaning torwaed keeping him contained. Haha. Nursery is real and orange giraffes. I’ll probably do DS’s big boy room in dinosaurs or tribal theme. We already have a teepee and some related decor in the playroom, but his new room will have more space so maybe I’ll move the teepee in there. 
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I love that theme too! Its a very popular one right now. It is such a great theme for a boy or a girl or even a team green nursery.

For our daughter we did a nautical theme.  Coral paint with Navy blue and white and a touch of gold accents.

I cant wait to see what everyone suggests :)
  • Options
    DSS and this baby will be sharing a room. It's a neutral palate with dark blue accents. It is subtly space themed because we wanted something he could grow into. It has glow-in-dark stars on the ceiling and star wars art above his crib. I'll likely find new artwork to put over this LO's crib. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Love this thread! 

Years ago I found this Lilly Pulitzer pink and teal nursery that I’m still set on for a girl. For a boy I am between dark Andy light blue w/ whales or a forest/woodland scene.
  • Options
    DS had a naticaul nursery theme. We will be moving all that decor to the guest room for the new nursery and redoing DS room in a sports theme. 
  • Options
    DS has a woodland themed nursery, which was so easy for me to figure out. This next kid? Oy. "Girls" themes are so foreign for me - we are NOT doing anything princess or anything too girly, that's for sure. Another boy's room? Who knows. I haven't even thought of this. Maybe ocean? 
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 Have you given much thought yet about buying a second crib vs moving the big boy to a toddler bed. Part of me want to save the money of a second crib but the freedom of a bed seems terrifying. 
  • Options
    tinattt23 said:
    @Lisa3379 Have you given much thought yet about buying a second crib vs moving the big boy to a toddler bed. Part of me want to save the money of a second crib but the freedom of a bed seems terrifying. 
    I think we're just going to buy a second crib. DS's crib converts to a toddler bed, so we'll be fine there for awhile. He is SO NOT READY to be let loose, and I'm in no hurry to push it. My dilemma is finding a crib I like as much as our current one! I feel like I spent so much time researching that doing it again seems daunting, haha. 

• Options
    @Lisa3379 I guess I kind of forgot about the fact that if new LO is anything like his brother, he’ll live in a RnP for the first six months anyways. Maybe by then we’ll be ready for a toddler bed. Maybe. Big maybe. 

We we got all our nursery furniture from Costco. I really love it and it was a super good deal. 
  • Options
    DDs room is grey walls with pale yellow accents. We do have an extra bedroom, but I'm undecided if I will move her to the next room, or put the new LO in there. We bed shared with DD until about 6 months and will probably do the same this time, so we have a lot of time to figure it out.
  • Options
    @Lisa3379 coming up with a girl nursery at first was really hard, but we ended up with light blue, grey, and white. Turned out cute, not masculine but feminine touches and I love it. I came up with the next nursery theme pretty quickly (but I think part of it is that I don’t have time to ponder over color schemes and themes this time around. It’s like “this one” and move on haha)
    @tinattt23 we are buying a second crib. The one we have now transitions so we will use that for many years in her room, meaning we need a new one for this LO.
  • Options
    We’re doing a travel themed nursery! 
  • Options
    Yup. 3rd kid probably won't even get new sheets. The nursery is nautical themed and it  stay that way lol. At some point we'll move DS into a twin bed and DD downstairs so the nursery is open, but that won't be for awhile. Well enjoy having a guest room/ office while we can. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    3rd baby, 4th kid so we aren't doing anything fancy. We are team green but I feel destined that this is a 3rd boy so I'm leaving DS2's nursery (nautical theme) up and picking out a paint swatch. If baby happens to be a girl then DH has 3 days to paint before we get discharged from the hospital :):) 
    Our big room re-do will be to move DS1 and DS2 into a room together.
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    We just picked a color theme for our first that we felt was fun but fairly gender neutral that we could alter as need be for future kiddos and then allow the last one to grow into.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    This baby will share our room for probably the first 6-8 months, then move in with big sister (4yo). We also have two boys (6&4) who share a room. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @missmaehurt OMG I love this idea! I would love to see a picture of the finished product later down the road :)
  • Options
    My Mom and I found this super cute set of see/hear/speak no evil monkeys. I’m thinking about a jungle theme around them.  (I’m team green- but I also think boys can be princesses and girls can be astronauts.)

Whatever I do, I have to repaint the room.  It is currently purple, which is my color.  I’m totally okay if baby decides purple is their favorite color too, but I need to change the color of the room now so it is baby’s room, not my room. 

• Options
    We are in the process of fixing up a house so we can move in - my getting pregnant really messed with the timeline of that because I couldn't be around the paint or sanding and SO had to do all that himself. Right now the baby's future room is plain white and empty - it's the last room we need to paint. I think we're going to paint it a soft green because I don't know what this baby is yet. Not sure of theme, animals/foxes seems pretty safely unisex.
  • Options
    We're in the process of house hunting since our house flooded in August.  DS1& DS2 share a room.  If this is another little boy I don't know what we'll do - if we'll put DS2 with baby or put baby in own room since the older two are closer in age.  If its a girl it'll be easier to figure out.

Boy theme - maybe nautical navy, white, red.
    Girl theme - blush pink and white simple.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay this thread is back alive! I've liked foxes or baby elephants for a while, regardless of gender. I have a hunch that LO is a girl, even though I'm a FTM and don't know what I'm talking about haha.
    I happened to stumble upon a picture of this beautiful carriage-style princess crib that I LOVED but then saw the price tag and was like nope, back to foxes or elephants with a regular crib haha. 
  • Options
    @lynzev I have a feeling we're having a girl too, but of course it's just a hunch based on nothing other than me being sick! Hubby sent me a pic of a toddler princess bed yesterday and I wanted it! It was so cute.
  • Options
    I'm SO impressed y'all are thinking about nursery themes already! I still haven't wrapped my mind around being pregnant again! haha. I did have the thought about nursery furniture the other day and I agree with you @Lisa3379 I did so much research last time and LOVE the one we have now, but it seems so daunting to start that over again. haha
  • Options
    Baby won't have a nursery really but we definitely decided on a general woodland/ forest theme. I think it's so cute and sweet and pretty neutral since we're team green. Plus we have a thing about nature being Pagan and all. I'm happy it's getting so popular!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Options

Some kind of camping theme if it's a boy. I'm obsessed with the idea of crafting a teepee for the room. I'll probably go more woodland/animals if it's a girl. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    @concreteayngel I love that! We are doing Very Hungry Caterpillar also, probably yellow and green stripes on the walls. It was H’s favorite book growing up!
  • Options
    We are not finding out but the nursery has a horrible sea foam mint green carpet in it. It is in good condition so we can't justify tearing it out. Was thinking a theme of outdoors and have planes, clouds, and birds on the walls.. Carpet will hopefully look like grass. Any other ideas for crappy carpet color? 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth - Seafoam green makes me think of the ocean so my thoughts would be nautical/beachy/pirate themed (not all at once, but pick one). 
  • Options
    @kimberbeep Aww you don't want a crazy mash up of all three? :) I was trying to find a crazy picture of a crazy combination but I got tired and gave up. 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth - you could totally do a mash up- go with an island theme- sea foam green water, to beach, to jungle, to volcano!   
  • Options
    I'm planning to do a reading theme in the nursery  Lots of framed prints of children's book characters, ABCs etc Etsy has some cute animal reading prints.  I'm sure no one in my life will be surprised since I'm a Librarian but I think it's a cute theme!

It will be a gender neutral nursery although we do plan to find out the sex. Once we know the gender we may add a few more gender specific accents. 

Does anyone have any cute gender neutral color scheme ideas? 
  • Options
    @SweetSweetTooth I think I need to see a picture of said sea foam green carpet...for inspiration...not because I can't believe it exists   :#
  • Options
    @stithof lol I will work on it when DH isn't near by! I think up close it has some pink flecks in it as well. Really wonder what made the original owners pick that color!