July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms pt.1 2/19

12346»

Re: Weekday Randoms pt.1 2/19

• @noideawhatshesdoing gotcha, gotcha!  I get it now.  LOL  - I think that was a case of pregnancy brain at it's finest there!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a rant to share:  I'm flying on AA to NY in a couple weeks.  On our travel website we have a notice that says our company gets "complementary preferred seating" and provides 2 different ways to get it.  One is using an AA.com website and the other is to book after we're ticketed through our travel agency.  The website gives everyone I know an error when they try to use it.  And when I called the agency they were less than helpful.  I even tried to call AA myself earlier today and lost my cool so I had to hang up.  I finally found someone in our procurement area to help, but they forwarded a less than helpful email back basically saying that I did everything wrong (I didn't).  The only aisle seats left are preferred and extra seats!  

Any way, I got permission from my boss to expense the extra charge, I just feel guilty doing it.  Blech.
  • @noideawhatshesdoing - second what @MichelleAG05 said - I had a lot of issues BF and one of the biggest cardinal rules was empty fully and at least as often as baby eats. It'll depend on if you room-in or baby immediately goes to the nursery and how your recovery is going with getting up and down.  I think it could be totally brilliant but you'll have to figure it out as you go.  Sometimes I found it better to pump and let him do a bottle in the night or before daycare to make sure I really emptied fully rather than BF and THEN pump.
    Also @MichelleAG05 - just do it and don't feel guilty - companies give so little these days, if boss's approving it just do it and enjoy!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • On the topic of bottles and BFing, I pumped every 3-4 hrs as per the usual baby feeding. He didn’t latch well but i had an over supply. At the time we lived in a one bed apartment and it was nice to have a bottle warmer in the restroom next to us. Eventually when i had to use up my storage i still had to go to the kitchen to deal with the bags and what not so it might be helpful to have a fridge nearby? But i didn’t really have to walk far for any of this so i wouldn’t see the point of a fridge in my previous situation.
  • @SmashJam I’m glad he’s being monitored now! Hopefully this may be the kick in the butt he needs to get his stuff together. Maybe once he’s sober for a bit you all can suggest counseling as well? You mentioned potential mental health issues so maybe he needs some professional help in addition to getting clean. 
  • @SmashJam hope this helps him!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @SmashJam yay! (Wait, I’m not sure yay is the right word..) regardless, I’m glad he’s having some more structured monitoring. I hope it helps him. 
  • acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited February 2018
    @SmashJam I’m glad they listened to your call and he’s getting monitored! I hope that’s the kick he needs to get some more help. Also.. I had no idea those ankle bracelets existed, that’s pretty cool

@noideawhatshesdoing ohh I see you’re doing it for pumped milk ideally. That makes more sense. You might not even need a warmer, my son took milk straight out of the fridge no problem. I would just mix it/warm it with my hands just enough to reincorporate the fats and he took it just fine. But then again all babies are different and he was a tank. 
  • Was on vacation last week and was lurking over the weekend to try and catch up so I am going to just jump in

@zande2016 With GD (or just diabetes in general) you have to be careful with what you eat AND what/when you don't eat. Not having a healthy snack before bed will raise your fasting numbers in the morning. Always. I think figuring out a good diet/food intake will probably keep you on the right track! think positive!  DH is diabetic (type 2) and eats like crap and doesn't exercise so he is on insulin. But he could probably be off it if he just tried. I had a friend with GD and she had a completely normal pregnancy/birth by just following the GD diet, so it is possible! Hopefully the stress with insurance will calm down bc stress can affect your numbers too. I had a ton of anxiety and wasn't eating due to MS in the first tri and my fasting numbers were terrible. Second tri- the anxiety has eased up and I am eating like a normal human being and my numbers are better.

@SmashJam I'm really sorry about your brother. Hopefully this will be the kick in the pants he needs. Hopefully he doesn't get mad someone called on him.

@noideawhatshesdoing My Brother and SIL actually used a minifridge. They used mine from college that I wasn't using anymore. My SIL EP'ed so it was easier to have bottles upstairs that they could warm up instead of going down to the kitchen and getting them out of that fridge in the middle of the night. (and then bringing down the bottles that she pumped while baby was eating).  Saved them two trips every feeding. However, it made sense for EPing and they didn't have to buy it since my old one was sitting around. Thinking I may go and retrieve my mini fridge for my baby now lol... I know I will be pumping at least for daycare so it might come in handy since our bedrooms are on the second floor too..

• @moguippy I think I'm gonna go along with DH's idea based on this and other comments. I sort of thought it was funny, but I also like the idea of not having to go up and down our stairs multiple times in the middle of the night. I might keep an eye out on my alumni page and see if any of the current students that will be graduating or moving out of dorms will be looking to unload one for cheap.
  • @noideawhatshesdoing I think I will be too. Hopefully mine still works, if not I think I will just try to find one on cheap. It will be right around "back to college" time so hopefully there will be some good sales if need be.
  • stillcozystillcozy member
    edited February 2018
    whoops wrong one 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @lindsayleigh1989 I think I hear it’s mkre about weight? Idk. I always take it with a grain of salt lol. Fruits and veggies are so variable.