Options

Weekday Randoms pt.1 2/19

Re: Weekday Randoms pt.1 2/19

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @acunamatada thank you, thank you!
  • Options
    @hillbillywife Happy Birthday!!!!  :):)

Anyone else feeling like they are already "nesting"? I ran myself to death this weekend trying to get "things" accomplished (aka - picking out the nursery color, organizing baby clothes, etc. etc.)

It's too early for this!!!! Lord help my poor husband.....
  • Options
    @hillbillywife happy birthday!!!
    @foxbaby2016 we’ve been thinking about how we are going to get organized with DSs stuff and getting rid of some stuff. Luckily it’s another boy so room stays the same. Looking into replacing some stuff tho.
  • Options
    @hillbillywife happy birthday my friend!!!! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    happy birthday @hillbillywife
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @hillbillywife!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! 
  • Options
    happy birthday @hillbillywife!

I was going to a gym a few towns away with a friend and another mom and their kids. I have always wanted to check it out but I have a perfectly good open gym like, 15 minutes away so driving 45 seems stupid (this one has a rock wall though!!). Anyway one of the kids got sick so my friend wanted to change plans so I wasn't driving as far, and now we are going to a museum like 10 minutes from me which is really fun (and will be a mess its presidents day, lol), but I am secretly disappointed about not going to the gym. Another time! 

@foxbaby2016 I'm not baby specific nesting but LO will go in a big space on the side of our bedroom which we currently have our old mattress in, so we have to move the mattress. But in order to move the mattress downstairs we kind of have to clean downstairs to make a space for it. So I am stressing about our downstairs space which is a horrific mess. 
  • Options
    @wildtot That's why the OCD in me was secretly hoping for another boy...less work, stress and effort when preparing for #2!
  • Options
    Happy birthday @hillbillywife!!
    @foxbaby2016 we were out all day testing SUVs yesterday and we ended up buying our rocking chair/glider for the nursery. I was exhausted! Definitely in nesting mode already and taking advantage of the energy I have now before it's GONE.
  • Options
    runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited February 2018
    @hillbillywife
    Image result for happy birthday gif
    and I hope the pup is ok.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kissableviv sweet, that's a productive day, any thoughts/front runners when it comes to the SUVs you tried out?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kissableviv How exciting!!! That's a big thing marked off the list!
  • Options
    Happy birthday, @hillbillywife!

I'd like to start nesting. We're definitely not buying anything yet, but we are doing a jigsaw puzzle in the guest room (soon-to-be nursery), so we're going to finish that and move that out. Once the reno downstairs is done, we can actually move everything out of the dining room and put stuff where it belongs. So right now I'm doing what I can that doesn't involve those rooms. Then I can probably start actually nesting.
  • Options
    @hillbillywife Happy birthday!

my bump app has been glitchy all weekend so I haven’t been on. Signed out and back in again and seems to be working. 

After two weekends of manual labor, we finally finished our paver patio/backyard! Just in time for the gender reveal party next weekend. Now time to deep clean the house today while DH is at work. 

Went shopping with DH yesterday to find a dress to wear for our gender party and found a super cute pink/blue Jessica Simpson maternity dress that was originally $70 on sale for $28! This was after shopping all around the regular clothes department and not finding anything that fit right. Finally had the idea to go check the maternity clothes section. Duhh 

TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    1. Happy Birthday @hillbillywife
    2. @ashbub714 - my christmas tree is still up in my living room >_< it's naked...but it's still up. DH is working crazy hours and i've been on limited activity for one reason or another for like a month. Can I pass it off as just a big fake plant? or maybe dress it for st patrick's day?
    kissableviv - I love my Hyundai Sante Fe Sport!! We got it last Dec after a LOT of looking and test driving.  It'll fit 2-3 car seats, and it had all my favorite features from the other SUV's in one car.  The 40/20/40 back seat is AMAZING for home depot and ikea trips (esp once we have 2 car seats and can only pop down the middle)
    4. I'd be nesting...but we have to do a major 3 room switcheroo - office/craft room to downstairs guest room, guest room dressers etc upstairs to office and repaint to be DD new big girl room, move accessories out of nursery to DD new room and fill back in (once we know if it's a boy or girl for color pallet).  I did plan ahead and the nursery is a dove grey accent wall with white furniture and most of our bedding is grey chevron.  Just need a few soft touches and wall art to round it out eventually.
    5. Had my first coffee in 5 days and it tastes amazing... everything else still tastes like crap though. 
    6. I started watching "call the midwife" after a couple other ladies mentioned it....not sure it's the best thing for a pregnant lady to be watching LOL it does make me thankful for hospitals and modern medicine - and not leaving babies outside to sun themselves...
    Can you tell I don't want to be at work today? I showered and drove in - that seemed like enough effort for the day...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @hillbillywife HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

• Options
    Ugh DH is driving me nuts with strollers. He always goes for the expensive stuff and when i research other options he tries to talk me back into the other one. I give up! 
  • Options
    @runsomewhere I love the new VW Tiguan! DH went and tested a Tesla...he is crazy... we're never buying that but it was fun to test drive! I still wanna check out the Honda CR-V. The Volvo XC 60 is beautiful but we feel like it's too $$ considering we already have an Acura with a pretty significant payment.

@gingerbride26 I loved the Santa Fe but I didn't think that the price was right compared to other offerings. I need to double check if it comes with Android play which is a must for me, so I haven't excluded it yet:)
  • Options
    @4deep I'm so tempted to do that in my office right now! Just get everything out...I'm not very good with imagining spaces so I need an actual visual.
  • Options
    @hillbillywife Happy birthday!! ☆☆☆

@wildtot that's so funny my husband and I are the exact opposite, I used to work in sales and I'm pretty good at upselling and I definitely work that in to any purchase debate we have lol 
  • Options
    @carsonraynee my DH should seriously consider sales lol. The thing is that we went expensive on a lot of things with DS that some were a total waste of money. I don’t want to go through that again since this will be our last. 
  • Options
    Zomg @brittany121087 I had dill pickle flavored potato chip for the first time yesterday and they were amazing! Satisfied my pickle craving for sure! I'll have to look out for those. 
  • Options
    @brittany121087 those look good. Also I'm kind of wondering if you are still unhappy with how things have been happening here and would love your feedback on what issues you feel still exist. maybe it was an accident but seeing you like unicorncandycanes post really speaking poorly about the board here even though she has been given nothing but support was kind of disheartening if I'm honest

• Options
    @brittany121087
    OMG spicy AND dill pickle flavored? I'm drooling......

@4deep 
    I NEED those shelves...did you make them?? You can't even walk in or out of our nursery right now because of all of the "things" that need to be organized.  :s 
  • Options
    You ladies are stressing me out with all this organization! I need to get DS’s room together and do a MAJOR purge of old toys and baby things. He’s got sooo much stuff
    We got a new drier after over 2mo of hanging clothes up to dry- life changing! I forgot how much I missed it.. I’ve been washing all of the things I’ve neglected the past many many months. I even washed our curtains, I think for the first time since I was in labor with DS. (Procrastinating nester here) 
  • Options
    kissableviv yea...it was def top/over our original pricepoint... I woke up ready to go get the CRV because it was SOOO much cheaper even though husband hated it, but he knew I was settling and he liked the sante fe better so we splurged a little.  It's the family car and we both drive it a lot.  The new CRV was delayed/not out yet when we were shopping Dec 2016, on paper I think that would be a close fit to the sante fe sport and those foldy seats looked amazing - a big thing for us was engine.  I was in a bad accident in 2012 and still get some road anxiety so I like feeling like I have enough power to get the f away from anyone doing stupid crap on the road, so we went with the sport model with the bigger engine and turbo mode. DH also said something about if we're getting an SUV we should get one that CAN haul if we want/need so we don't have to borrow FIL's truck for the uhaul. SMH

@4deep - second on those shelves and getting that all done! kudos
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 My mom has a Santa Fe sport and it is AMAZING! I love driving it! It's incredibly roomy. It gets pretty darn good gas mileage as well. You can't beat Hyundai's 100,000 mile warranty either (I have an Elantra). Dh and I are talking about trading my car in for the santa fe because of how great of a vehicle it is. 

@kissableviv Have you test driven the Santa Fe Sport yet? If not, there is a dealership off the 57 where I bought my Elantra and they are pretty competitive in pricing. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @zombiehoohaa I went to Tustin yesterday but they were busy and we were tired so we did not test drive. We just took a look inside and looked at the different packages and pricing. I had an Elantra and totally loved it...I feel like I need to keep the Santa Fe on the shortlist. Thanks for the dealership advice!
  • Options
    @brittany121087 I'm kind of wondering if you are still unhappy with how things have been happening here and would love your feedback on what issues you feel still exist. maybe it was an accident but seeing you like unicorncandycanes post really speaking poorly about the board here even though she has been given nothing but support was kind of disheartening if I'm honest
    FFS @lindsayleigh1989 let it go. I don’t have a horse in this race whatsoever, but reading your comment to someone just trying to participate in the community is disheartening to me.
    For someone who has had nonstop aches and pains and issues and complaints the last several months, I’d think you have better things to do that harass folks on a message board.
  • Options
    @pretzellover no need to get aggressive. I genuinely want to know if there is something bothering her so we can address it and change if necessary. Or try to find a happy medium. Your comment regarding my struggles really makes me feel unsafe if me genuinely sharing things I have had a difficult time with is just going to get thrown in my face.  

• Options
    @acunamatada I'm with you. The spare bedroom is DD toy room. The thought of going through all that and condensing her down to one room makes me dizzy. I've considered letting them both share a bedroom and leaving the toy room. But I don't know yet. 

@lindsayleigh1989 you are being completely inappropriate, but that can be expected. I liked her post because I agreed with it. The way you and others go in for the attack on the post that don't follow your rules is sickening. Here's an ideal if it truly bothered you just ignore them and go about your day. Why the need to waste your time making all the snarky comments? Could it be that you get your kicks from bullying internet strangers? Who knows? But since you so desired to know what I thought here it is.
  • Options
    @brittany121087 thanks I appreciate your honesty. I don't think it is fair to say that I go in for the attack because quite honestly I haven't and often have been answerjng their questions while suggesting how they can get plugged into the community.  I know initially I was one of the people who really pushed for board organization but I do feel I have really pulled back and others have done it. So I can see where you would loop me in there.  I don't think it is fun to bully people and I make a sincere effort to make this a supportive group. 

I don't think it is wrong to ask either why you were upset with the group either. this should be a place where we can all feel good and supported. despite your desire to insult me I would like to know what you think would
    be better courses of action?