June 2018 Moms
Options

Here Ye Here Ye, Come and Get Your Randoms! (2/19)

Re: Here Ye Here Ye, Come and Get Your Randoms! (2/19)

• Options
    @2589 their clothes are so small, maybe just pack a few options? It's hard for me to care about what my LO's going home outfit will be since it's literally a 2 block walk. I'm sure I'll end up panicking about it in the moment, though, so I should pack some outfits... 
  • Options
    @2589 I'm having the same issues.  I THINK I found something yesterday and my H likes it (he didn't see the price).  It's a 0-3 month kimono sleeper with a wolf on it (he wants to name the baby Wolf, which isn't happening).  But, what happens if its warm?  What happens if the baby comes early and 0-3 doesn't fit?  I'd definitely go with long sleeves (unless you are in Florida or some place guaranteed to be warm).  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Q for STM's or anyone who likes food...MH's cousin had baby #3 on Monday. I want to bring their family a meal this weekend. What would you bring to a family of 5 with two little girls that I'm assuming eat regular kid stuff that they can just heat up and eat? 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @2589 I started looking into coming home outfits too.... I framed DD's along with her birth announcement and hospital bands.  I am planning on doing the same for DS.  Which gives me a whole- this is so cute he should wear this to come home or should wear this more than once... ahhh.  Either way try not to stress it too much... we still have an entire trimester to go... you'll find something.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @krashke I'd probably do lasagna, but that might be because lasagna is like the only thing I, for some reason, do not find offensive when reheated lol. 
  • Options
    @krashke I would definitely do some sort of pasta dish, usually they are easy to re-heat and don't taste bad (if not better).  Or maybe a ready to go crock pot meal?? 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @krashke I also think taco meat or fajitas taste good when reheated, so you could easily bring them the makings for that.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @krashke I’d also go with pasta—kid-friendly and easy to reheat. A big pan of cheesy baked ziti is good if you don’t want to do all the lasagna layering. And then maybe a bag of salad, so they have something fresh.

Not necessarily what I’d make, but my neighbors did a meal train for us after my son was born, and the best thing we got was an incredible homemade pot pie. I still dream of it. 
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 I would show up with out rsvp-ing, and with no gift, just to eat the food. 
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 No. Just no. I second @kfren show up and eat the food. I wonder how the people in her life handle that. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @kmurdock925 I wonder what her turn out would be because I'm pretty sure I'd have something else important "planned" that day.

Wow, just wow.

I'm with @doxiemoxie212 there may be no food. Stand in single file line, sign her guest book, sit at your assigned seat and watch her open all her very "practical" gifts. 
  • Options
    @krashke I was going to say a pasta dish since those reheat well! Add some garlic bread and maybe a bagged salad kit and you're good to go. One other thing I've seen before when doing a meal train for a co-worker whose H was sick, was gift cards to a pizza place or other local restaurant with delivery so they could order food in. Less personal since you're not cooking but still an option!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Krashke I was going to suggest a lasagna or pasta dish also. throw in some salad and Italian bread maybe.

@kmurdock925 think my eyes got bigger as I read. just yikes!

as for coming home outfits... I've thought alittle about it. part of me thought about using DS' outfit. and I did buy a few cute things we could use. I've been thinking more of clothes for in the hospital though. we kept DS in the hospital gear the whole time. but I kind of want to change this kid since I won't be as scared to like move/dress him as I was with the first lol. DH looked at me like I was crazy for even thinking of that. and now I don't know what sizes etc to take.

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @catlady1215 I was really glad I had brought 3-4 cute onesies to dress her in while we were still in the hospital and people were visiting and taking pictures. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

catlady1215  - same on bringing more outfits to the hospital for the entire stay...I naively didn't realize that you were allowed to change them before go-home time, ha.  I will say that DD1 was 8.1 when born and Carter's nb onesies wouldn't fit over her melon head, lol.  Sleepers were fine but anything over her head was a squeeze, if even possible at all... 

Yeah- I guess the texts about that note are going rampant around that friend circle.  She invited not only her friends but also their moms (I think most of them are close enough where it is semi appropriate?? maybe??) and the moms are even texting about it.  Basically no one wants to go now. 

• Options
    @kmurdock925 Wow! Thats something.....

@krashke Pasta dishes are good. Or maybe a rostissere chicken and a side like Mac n cheese. 

Im team bring several outfits to the hospital. DD was super rolly and had like no neck, so the outfit I picked out looked a little odd and I’m glad I had something else to choose from. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    krashke said:
    I feel like now that I am visibly pregnant, especially with particular outfits that are form fitting, I get a lot of side eye in the break room at work when I get coffee. I want to put a sign up that says "PREGNANT WOMEN CAN HAVE CAFFEINE!" 
    I'm not a hefty caffeine drinker - even before pregnancy - but I swear when lattes are offered when we go out, I get it and I get friggen looks.
    Fuck off. My choice anyways.
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed that their mouth filter has gotten thinner or disappeared since getting pregnant?

My H mentioned this recently, and I noticed it. I had a pretty decent filter, but now it's like when someone pisses me off it's like idgaf anymore
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 yah! I think that was my thought also.. like we weren't 'allowed' to change him lol.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @krashke I also agree that pasta dishes are safe because they re-heat fairly well- but I also want to stress not to worry to much about being overly kid friendly.   Kids in general, are weird.  I was at a wedding in September where the ring bear was the son of our friends and he has recently started the worst of the picky kids stages I have ever seen.  He was inspecting each piece of pasta to make sure there was no sauce on the pasta- before this I had never met a kid that didn't love pasta sauce.  My little cousin as a toddler was basically vegetarian because he wanted to eat salads all day- he ended up being diagnosed with a lot of food allergies, so that could explain his 'grown up' food preferences since everything else made him feel bad.  If you know there is something that the new mom of 3 loves to eat- go with that.  Feed her- the new dad of 3 should be some what familiar with feeding his other girls by now.

@kmurdock925 that shower invite reminds me of the FB group with all of the participating demands.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• Options
    @krashke ~ I would make a spaghetti pie along with salad and breadsticks. Maybe some brownies too. 

@kmurdock925:o Some people... seriously. The nerve. People are coming to celebrate a special time in your life and you should appreciate anything they bring you. How are people responding to said post? 
  • Options
    @burlapandlace - they're basically responding the same way we are...completely appalled and turned off completely. 
  • Options
    @burlapandlace - they're basically responding the same way we are...completely appalled and turned off completely. 
    Yeah. I wouldn’t want to attend a shower where the guest of honor had this kind of attitude about it. 
  • Options
    One thing to think about for a coming home outfit - don't choose an outfit like this, which you would need to hike up to connect the seat belt between the legs.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    @Murraydog so happy I’m no the only one who is having the maternity clothes struggle. Many places that carry maternity don’t have them in the stores so you can’t try on. 
  • Options
    @krashke ~ I would make a spaghetti pie along with salad and breadsticks. Maybe some brownies too. 

@kmurdock925:o Some people... seriously. The nerve. People are coming to celebrate a special time in your life and you should appreciate anything they bring you. How are people responding to said post? 
    Is spaghetti pie another name for lasagna or some new creation I need to hear about?
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Murraydog so happy I’m no the only one who is having the maternity clothes struggle. Many places that carry maternity don’t have them in the stores so you can’t try on. 
    I've had to order from Old Navy online because of this issue! They have great sales, but shit selection.
  • Options
    August's UO thread is hopping, guys!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    I just watched a lady in a parking lot with her keys out, point and click them at TWO different vehicles and try to pull and open the doors before looking around with a totally confused look on her face before realizing that her vehicle was one row over. OMG lady. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dinodna3 - it is a whole new creation you should be aware of! A friend brought me one when I had kidney stones towards the end of my pregnancy with DS, and it was ah-maze-ing! I can post a recipe if you are interested. but basically it is spaghetti and all that goes with it in a pie form. So good 
  • Options
    People bringing meals is the best. I have loved anything anyone brought us. Usually it's been pasta, salad,  bread, and dessert. 

@2589 cracking me up.

Anyone watching Olympic figure skating? Which of these little Russian girls is gonna take the gold?! 

• Options
    Hi!  Our friends brought us pizza after we had dd.  So we got food and they got to meet dd.

We brought Chinese and Jimmy John's with their kids.  

Haven't even thought about a going home outfit for this baby.  I feel like I'm dragging my feet even getting the few things we need for him that we don't have from dd.

Watching the Olympics here.  I think the younger Russian skater is going to take the gold.

We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just here to add that spaghetti pie is awesome.
  • Options
    @izza2 Wow. I'm not even through the second page and...yikes. 

• Options
    @kfren @izza2 Ugh, their UO made me so ragey.  
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey I'm sayin'. I am just glad that wasn't on our board.

And if I ever offend anyone on here, PLEASE let me know. I would not want things to escalate to that level.
  • Options
    @kfren Seriously!  They really have been such a hot mess since they've opened.  Its like a train wreck every day.  I think our board would've shut that crap down so quickly.  hahaha
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker