June 2018 Moms
Options

Here Ye Here Ye, Come and Get Your Randoms! (2/19)

Re: Here Ye Here Ye, Come and Get Your Randoms! (2/19)

• Options
    @becca_123 happy birthday

@kfren I wouldn't feel guilty about the chair, its not like you get to take it with you when you leave. Def don't tell your job yet.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @becca_123 Happy Birthday!!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @becca_123 - Happy belated birthday!!!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @becca_123 set a reminder on your phone so you don't forget!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    So I don’t really mind the name Axel or Axle for a boy, but a friend of mine just named her boy Aksel. Just no. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@2589 ......seriously? Aksel? WHY???

I discovered yesterday in a very dramatic way that I absolutely hate all my maternity pants. The last time I bought maternity clothes was nearly 8 years ago and I bought them all used so they are soooo worn out and out of style and I hate them all. I hate to spend money on clothes I'm seriously going to wear for 4 months, but I can't imagine suffering through 4 more months in the clothing options I have.  Where did you all get your favorite pants from? 

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • Options
    @murraydog2008 I splurged and bought 2 pairs of fancy maternity jeans from Bloomingdales when they were doing 30% off over xmas. Paige and J Brand (side panel stretch, not over belly). I effing love them. They're the softest, stretchiest fabric, look really cute, and I honestly think I'll wear them when I'm not pregnant lol. But they were pricey. I started needing them so early, though, that I think it's worth it, and I believe I'll be able to use them in future pregnancies.
  • Options
    @murraydog2008 I've had good luck with Old Navy and Motherhood. I have some side panel and some over the bump and there are pros and cons to both. No mater what the style I am always hiking them up but I've resolved that that is just the nature of the beast. 

Macy's is having a sale and a bunch of maternity jeans are only $13.97 I haven't tried any of them but it's worth a shot for that price. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke it's the constant need to hike up my pants that is making me absolutely insane!  I gave in today and wore a maxi skirt with leggings under it because it's freaking cold here. I'm so much happier in this. It's been almost 5 years since I was last pregnant so maybe this is one of those things I had totally blocked from my memory? I'm checking out Macy's right now. If this wasn't the last baby, I'd invest in some nicer clothes, but this is the end of the road for my family!

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • Options
    I ordered a few things from Old Navy last week and finally shows as shipped :) 2 pairs of pants and 2 tops.
    The bag beside my dresser is starting to fill up more than I'd like to admit lol :(
  • Options
    @murraydog2008 I bought maternity jeans from Ingrid & Isabel's Target line and like them a lot, though they do still require a belly band to stay up. Most of their pants are ~$30 which is not bad.
  • Options
    LaceyBee522LaceyBee522 member
    edited February 2018
    @kfren Yes, I saw that one. They've had so many issues with this Lee person trolling them. Who has time to make up so many different accounts??

ETA: Thank you for always thinking of me when there's drama afoot. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 IKR?!?!?! Lee must be pretty bored, and you're quite welcome. I know how much I enjoy when you alert us to the drama, as well :)

• Options
    @murraydog2008 I have a couple pairs of full panel leggings from motherhood maternity that I love. I bought a pair of jeans that i haven't even taken the tag off them yet cause leggings just make me feel less balloon like lol. I don't know the exact name of them, but they're nice and thick. and they have back pockets so I don't feel like they look like regular leggings.
  • Options
    Four of my D16 mom group friends are now due in October and thus in the O18 group on here. Feels a little like going back to school and all of your old friends are in another class. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 Ugh, just why? I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of Axel/Axle anyway - I just think of the car part. And my SIL chose that her cute little boy a few months ago...My FIL tried to convince them to go with something else because he thinks when he's learning to talk he'll call himself a$$hole, @sunshineandwhiskey

And I'm pretty sure I'm just going to avoid maternity pants all together. I put on a pair of jeans from last pregnancy and was so annoyed with pulling them up after 2 hours. They were full panel from Old Navy, which are notorious for stretching out anyway. But I'm not up for shopping and spending money on something I don't really want and will only use for a short time. So #leggingsforever and then dresses (can't wait until its warm enough!)
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 maternity pants don't work at all for me. Too much pulling and struggling. I feel like I'm in a Chinese finger trap. I stick to leggings, skirts, and dresses. I just can't do it.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Speaking of maternity pants, I moved my leg today and my pants ripped down the whole thigh. I only have two pairs and I don't want to pay $40 for another pair that I'll only use for another 3 months. No more babies after this one so, I won't ever use them again (unless there is a surprise, lol). Why can't it be warm enough for skirts? 
  • Options
    kfren said:
    @LaceyBee522 Here's a winner from the August BMB: Pregnancy symptoms boy or girl
    Omfg that name sounds familiar .... I feel like this Lee person was a troll before. I'm thinking on TB but maybe TK before ...
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger Lee has trolled that board on more than one occasion, under more than one screen name. 
  • Options
    @catlady1215 do you mind sharing about how much your leggings were? I have a $150 giftcard to motherhood burning a hole in my pocket, but I know that store can be expensive so I'm not sure how far that will get me. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    @Amphibious22 idk about the leggings but I feel like with motherhood you have to shop the sales. I just ordered two t-shirts, a nursing bra and a hooded sweatshirt for under $40 with free shipping. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited February 2018
    @amphibious22 I just checked online, they're 29.99 I put a link below.
    if you're not already, sign up for their emails. I haven't needed anything recently but for awhile there, there were always deals coming through.

https://www.motherhood.com/secret-fit-belly-french-terry-maternity-leggings/006-90064-000-001.html?cgid=clothing-leggings&dwvar_006-90064-000-001_color=006-90064-23#start=1
  • Options
    @krashke @catlady1215 thanks for the tips! I really need to just stop procrastinating and get some maternity clothes. Maybe tomorrow. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Options
    Happy birthday @jsl82! Glad you got to do some relaxing today!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jsl82 ~ Happy Birthday!! 
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @jsl82 !
  • Options
    Happy birthday @jsl82

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday @jsl82!!!

I don't have LN at all right now.
    Some hair growing darker in some spots (like my upper abdomen? wtf is that about?), but no LN so far!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Happy belated @jsl82!!!! 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happy b
  • Options
    Happy belated birthday @jsl82! Your office does birthdays right!
  • Options
    I had forgotten how stressful it was (for me being super detail oriented) to choose a coming home outfit for a baby. I don’t really even know why. It’s not like people will remember what she wore, besides a handful of pictures being taken. But there I was doing some shopping yesterday and going, will it be cool, warm-ish, or hot? Will she be newborn size or straight into 0-3 month size? (DD1 was 8 lb so I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s a little bigger than that.) What colors will look best with her complexion if she has light hair, dark hair or no hair? What colors will look really bad if she’s jaundiced? Oh FFS. Needless to say I didn’t pick anything yesterday, I obviously need to do some more pondering. *eyeroll at myself*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 you're starting to stress me out now! I didn't even think about any of those things! I feel like you're going to want something long sleeve just because with the AC it will be chilly in the hospital and then you don't have to worry about covering baby up when going outside to get in the car. I know around here any type of breeze cools things down quite a bit. I would probably pack one option in NB and 0-3M just in case. As far as complexion goes maybe stay away from too many pinks or reds that could make her look more pink or yellows that could make her look more yellow. Something green, grey, navy or peach? 
    *TW LC*