September 2018 Moms
Options

Names

I know it’s super early but has anyone decided on names yet? Have a running list? Can’t even think about it yet? 

Share your name ideas here! 

Re: Names

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haven't given it much thought yet. H and I decided super quick last time after we found out the sex. Not sure if that'll be the case this time. 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor My H's name starts with A and so does DS's name, I've definitely called DS "little A" before and tend to like A names as well!
  • Options
    ugh I’m dreading this. We struggled so hard with DS’s name. We have some solid choices that ended up being runners up for DS if it’s a boy, but if it’s a girl I think we’re going to struggle. The only name DH has suggested is Rachel (his grandmother) but I don’t love it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    See @BusinessWife I don’t LOVE any of them! Haha. 

Our cat’s name is Rambo. I can’t name him that, can I? (Jk. Mostly.)
  • Options
    @admiralkitty have you tried the app BabyName? Maybe y’all can find a few matches that way?
  • Options
    Certainly not decided - DH won't talk about it until we know boy/girl. I've kept a running list on my phone since forever, because I'm that weirdo with an irrational fear that I'll forget a name I like and not remember it until baby is here and named something else.

DD was named quickly after blood work told us girl and her name wasn't on my list. Dh said he liked a nickname and I said I like that, then we went through the formal names. We'll see if this little one is named as quickly. Middle names are family names... one from each side if we go by what we did with DD. So hopefully that will sort itself out pretty easily.
  • Options
    I don't even want to start thinking about it until we know the sex.  Last time it was such a struggle.  We didn't settle on a name till I was 8.5 months.
    Turns out I don't like 99% of names in existance.  Ugh.
  • Options
    R names for ya: Rhett, Ryder, Roman, Reece 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor I couldn’t get DH onboard last time to try that. I may try again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Both of our girls didn’t have a name until they were born. I’m pretty sure this one will be nameless because it took us forever to come up with names. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Options
    @ashh2018. I think it depends on the first name.  A combo could grow on you though... I like to know the meaning, too, can make me see a name in a different light.
  • Options
    DD was named after DH and I had been dating for 6 months. It was the moment I knew I loved him. Our boys name changed since that convo, and the boys name we had picked out last time DH now isn’t sure about. He only wants to name a boy Robert (his brother’s name) or Alex (my cousin’s name) and got mad when I said no on both. I think we need to wait to see if we’re having a boy before we fight over this one. If we have a girl it will be my former middle name (now it’s my maiden name), and we’ll figure out a middle name later. We have had that one picked out as our #2 girls name since before DD was born. 
  • Options
    smsaulinosmsaulino member
    edited February 2018
    Oh my goodness.. I love this thread @SkilledSailor kudos to you for starting it. Our first boy and girl names will both be after my husband's side of the family, Polly Annette and Isaac Joseph. After that it's free game.. I love Isaiah, Ezra, and Jude for boy names.. and for girls... Caroline, Natalia, Alice, Allison, Mae, Gabrielle, Jodi, Callie, Nicola, Kasey. I also love Jordan for a boy and Jordanna for a girl. I had to throw in some Italian girl names because my father in law's side is full Italian. 

Edit: .. Forgot a name.. Caroline. I think it's my favorite name ever for a girl. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm a planner. So we have names already. For a boy we have Lane and will be using a family name for middle name (though I can't decide if I want to use both our dad's names or just his dads name or what...) For a girl we have Amelia because its the only girl name DH likes and has had picked since we were pregnant with DS... 

DD is Madeline and DS is Clint. So both names go with what we have already. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    For the most part I can't get there yet. I need to wait until I find out the sex. I think I could fall in love with him or her and feel totally lost if it's the opposite.

We've had a girl name picked out for, like, ever. I heard it at work one day (mom calling to her little girl) and was sold. H has always liked it too. Mil use to say "over her dead body" but has since changed her mind (not that she had any say  :D)

I have a boy name stuck in my head. Can't get it out. I have told H and he didn't really comment but has stopped spitting out ridiculous names that he knows are vetoed. 
  • Options
    We basically haven’t even thought about it yet. I try not to give it too much stock until we know the gender. 

We did lightly say it might be fun to name a girl another “E” name like DD. And I’ve always said I would name a boy after my dad. But that’s about it as far as names go. And I know some names my husband hates just by going through this process last time.... lol!
  • Options
    This is the first time we actually have to figure out a name. With DS, we’d known since before TTC what our boy’s name would be. I always loved Elizabeth for a girl and so there was no question for DD. 

Now that we’re expecting #3 AND we’re Team Green, we have to talk names. Someone here recommended the Baby Name app and it’s been so helpful!! We’re both slowly working through that and we’re finding names we like!
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    We haven't talked about it very much yet. My husband has long had the name Eleanor, nn Ellie in mind. He got that name from the movie Contact, which I also like. My issue is that I feel like Ellie is really popular right now. I was surprised that when I suggested that nn Nell to him last week he seemed open to it.

What do you all think of the nn Nell for Eleanor?

Boys names we haven't even discussed. I think it'll be hard to choose a boy name but who knows. Our last name rhymes with Hayes and I have trouble finding names that flow with that sound. MH of course thinks I'm nuts when I mention this. 
  • Options
    @jaylii Darn last names! We nixed a few on our list immediately once we paired them with H’s last name. I think Ellie is popular but not Eleanor. I’m honestly eh about the nickname Nell. But I also think Eleanor could have a lot of nicknames. As a preschool teacher, I have a lot of students the nicknames that felt appropriate for them. Example, if your Eleanor was dainty or girly I’d call her ElBell. 
  • Options
    We havent talked names this time around yet, and probably won't until we know what we're having. With DS we had 2 names picked out and didn't decide until he was born. We went with DH top choice with the agreement that my choice would carry more weight this time around. Haha! The other boy name we had last time is Benjamin Russell...which I still like so we may go with that if it's a boy. If we have a girl it'll be hard, I just haven't found a girl name that I love. DH's requirement is that it needs to be a name that can be shortened for a nickname. :neutral: the two girl names we talked a little about is Isabella (Bella) or Lorelei  (no nickname decided for that).
  • Options
    jumpy57jumpy57 member
    edited February 2018
    @jaylii I have two friends with Ellie's (Elliott and Eliana) so I would agree it's popular right now. I think Nell is cute and since it's a nickname you could always change it  ;) (edited for spelling)
  • Options
    OMG @ashh2018 my "imaginary cat" is named Rambo! We had planned to get a cat at our first apartment, but ended up falling in love with a no-pets apartment, so my husband got me a stuffed cat with a tag that said Rambo instead...and then we moved and got a dog, and one pet is the right number of pets for us. 
  • Options
    MandyMost said:
    OMG @ashh2018 my "imaginary cat" is named Rambo! We had planned to get a cat at our first apartment, but ended up falling in love with a no-pets apartment, so my husband got me a stuffed cat with a tag that said Rambo instead...and then we moved and got a dog, and one pet is the right number of pets for us. 
    Send me your address. I will bring him to you right now. I hope you like being slowly poked in the face until you wake up at 5:30am. 

Jk. But I’ve always wanted a dog - the cats came with the husband! DH told me I could choose between a baby and a dog. I mean, no regrets still, but...sigh... lol 
  • Options
    We have a couple per sex on standby until we find out and can narrow it down. For me I found it so much easier to love a few girls names. Boy names... I seem to hate all of them! Maybe that is me subconsciously hoping for a girl  ;)

The only name we have on lockdown is a boy middle name, James. Both of our dad's middle names are James to that was a given for us. 

Loving this thread, and will be checking out that name app!
  • Options
    Last names do make it hard! I just talked to someone who said they liked Asher (nn Ash) until they paired it with their last name. I can't remember what it was exactly but something like Hoye. :tongue:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had a boy and girl name picked out for awhile now. Samuel Nelson for a boy and Amelia Lynn for a girl- NN Mila. But now I started a new job and one of my coworkers has a son named Samuel and another one has a daughter named Mila, ugh. So back to the drawing board...