July 2018 Moms
Options

FTM check in 2/13--2/19

2»

Re: FTM check in 2/13--2/19

• Options
    How exciting for everyone getting their anatomy scan and good news! Happy for you all! I had mine done on Wednesday as well and my little girl is growing proportionately and is apparently quite the acrobat! So strange because I couldn’t feel any of it!! Strong heartbeat too! I love watching my bf face while he looks at the US screen. 

@babyrojas2018 add me to the sore legs group. My hips also ache horribly especially at night. I don’t sleep well these days. And the past 3 days at work my feet are sore. No swelling yet though. So much fun haha.

@julybabybear I have so far avoided all the crap going around! (Probably just jinxed myself..) but everyone at my work has had it so bad. Hope you feel better soon! Lots of water as you said and my doctor always says warm fluids too. I think vicks is ok??
  • Options
    @julybabybear I caught a cold early on at 7weeks and was terrified. Only took Tylenol one day and it didn't do much...lots of vitamin c, ginger, lemon water and steam with some essential oils! Very granola, I know, but the doctor told me there is not much you can do. I didn't trust Rubitussin and it was just a cold though, so I didn't have to consider any other meds. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @angelette81 congrats on the healthy baby boy, I hope that the discomfort turns out to be nothing serious!
  • Options
    Tomorrow I'll be 18 weeks. That's freaking nuts! The deeper I get into this pregnancy, the more I am having fun researching things. I've been reading a lot about labor and newborns. I am having a blast and cannot wait to go through it. My anatomy scan is in a couple of weeks. My current symptoms: I'm thinking about getting a squatty potty, cuz, you know. Random short bouts of insomnia are super annoying. Maybe some congestion that's out of the ordinary? Feeling pretty good over all. xo.
  • Options
    20+6 over here
    Finally starting to get my energy back (which my puppy is taking up all of) 
    +1 for huge boobs, I've sized out of Victoria's I bought one bra from lane Bryant and I'm wearing nursing bras most of the time at home because there a thousand times comfier than anything with underwire 

I had my anatomy scan on the 6th but they couldn't get all the angles of the spine and heart that they wanted because of his position so I get another scan on Tuesday, so excited to see him again so soon! :smile:
  • Options
    @DynamiteTrujillo I had congestion between 16-18 weeks too! Every time I get an ultrasound now I just can't wait to meet him! So exciting:)
  • Options
    @krystlerr same boat in terms of the bed. im usually a decent sleeper but DH has been moving around a ton- plus our two cats sleep with us too, in a queen.  arent we allowed 2/3 of the bed now since there are two of us and one of him? haha
  • Options
    @DynamiteTrujillo highly recommend the squats potty. Two thumbs way up. 
  • Options
    Is anyone planning on turning a dresser into a changing table or in general not buying a standard changing table? I have a small space and I'm driving myself crazy with ideas. I pinned this but now wondering if it's too big.
  • Options
    @kissableviv We have a dresser in what will eventually be a nursery (currently a guest room), and at the moment, we plan on putting a changing pad on top of it. We have the space for a changing table, but I'm not sure what the advantage would be, except extra storage (which we have, I think, too). I'm trying to get through this without having to buy anything that I might not need, but that's probably inevitable.
  • Options
    @kissableviv I am planning to put the changing table on top of a dresser too. There are apparently attachments you can get to make sure that the changing pad doesn't slip. Like this:

https://www.target.com/p/serta-changing-top-bianca/-/A-51398447?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9003562&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5aTUBRC2ARIsAPoPJk-lkYQ1Vj3mJOcI-sFe37MYyvxy_9A7VGTkwLk8XS_mMytO-swGs2kaArZkEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I don't know if I would feel comfortable having the pad loose like that unless it had a really sticky non-slip bottom or something like that.
  • Options
    @kissableviv I'm planning on using a dresser as a changing table too. Now I just gotta find a dresser. LOL.
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited February 2018
     @kissableviv Our nursery has antique furniture in it that I can't move or put in storage. It's hard to explain, but the dresser can't be used as a changing table because of its top design. So since I can't get the antique bed out of the room either, the bed will be doubling as a changing table. There's no way that we could fit a crib and a changing table into the room with a full sized bed. But the more I think about using the bed as a changing table, the more I like it. There will be a bed in there so that I can sleep with the baby for the first few months and we won't have to move the baby into our bedroom at first. I've registered for this large waterproof changing pad that will hopefully cover a big enough area of the bed. I've ordered a white metal craft cart from Target to put all the diapering supplies in, so I can just move it nearer the bed when I need it. I've heard that a lot of moms end up changing diapers on the floor anyways and just have a diapering "caddy" that they can move from room to room as needed. So I'll probably alternate between bed and floor. ::shrugs::

ETA - I feel like at least with the large space of the bed or the floor, I won't have to worry about the baby squirming off of a slim dresser 

Edited also because predictive text is mean to me
  • Options
    @kissableviv Totally re-purposing an old dresser of ours...even though it's kind of large.  My dad is going to help DH put a little 5" wall around where the changing pad will be, just in case little man wants to roll over in a split second.  We have a smaller nursery room with a big dresser, but at least you get the perks of storage!
  • Options
    We have a pair of older short dressers in the room that is  becoming the nursery already and plan to just turn the top of one into a changing table so we don't need to buy anything else. DH is actually in the midst of sanding and painting them right now so they will match the color scheme better. He's nesting, I'm not yet.  :D
  • Options
    @kissableviv I intended to use the dresser as a changing table but we ended up with the crib with attached changing table which was great for storage too. After a while all diaper changes started happening on the floor or bed, but the drawers and shelves remained useful. I have read reviews for our crib where ppl complained that the attached changing table was too short but I thought it was fine. The kids legs can hang off the front of the table since they're up in the air half the time anyway, imo. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    kissableviv we bought a multi tier dresser and will put the changing pad on top of one tier and the diaper caddy on the other tier.  I love having the storage and put all my extra diapers and wipes in one of the top drawers for easy access.  Followed by onsies in the second drawer for convenience.