September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions w/o 2/11

Re: Weekly Questions w/o 2/11

• Options

SOOO... I'm crazy bloated, I'm a FTM but I look like I'm super pregnant at this point. In the morning there is less bloat. I've seen ladies on here talk about how they are getting firmer tummies and don't have just straight bloat. What does that feel like? Can you describer firmer... all I do now is poke my belly waiting to start getting a real bump! I know it'll be a while but I'm almost 11 weeks so I've been investigating more. Thanks in advance for asking my strange question! LOL

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had people that knew me well commenting on my shape at 7 weeks, because it wasn't all bloat then even, I have nearly no torso, lol, my bottom rib and top of my hip bone are maybe an inch and a half apart!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cbobell2009
    I can’t see anything, and am only 8 weeks, but I do notice if I absentmindedly turn onto my stomach it feels like there is a tennis ball tucked between my hips.  o:) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Options
    My skin is breaking out, likely due to a combination of hormones and the additional cheese, carbs and sweets I've been consuming  :# What are your go-to remedies (preferably natural) for breakouts?? 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Options
    @cbobell2009 I just asked this in the old thread! :)

@southernlady07 I use tea tree oil, but I have to go light on it because it dries my skin out, which can cause more breakouts (dead skin clogging pores). I also use a Body Shop scrub. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @cbobell2009 I have a long torso and with my first, I could notice a bump at 12 weeks, but by 16 weeks, I was getting comments from others. 
  • Options

:)@starla great minds think alike? Or wonder alike?

@Patience7150 good to know! I'd love for it to start looking less like I drank one too many beers and more like there's a human in there!

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• Options
    @cbobell2009 For me, it is currently mostly the organs being pushed up and I really haven't noticed anything. But, I'm just shy of 8 weeks. 

Last pregnancy, DH and I noticed a bump around 16 weeks. It looked more like bloat to anyone else. It didn't look like a bump until 27-ish weeks. I have a short torso but DD tended to lay transverse.

As far as the feel, around 16 weeks, I could feel a sort of hard ball feeling when I would absentmindly turn on my stomach.
  • Options
    @southernlady07 I think last time around I was using some diluted Apple cider vinegar as a toner and coconut oil as a moisturizer
  • Options
    Anyone well versed on thyroid? I just checked the blood work I had done on Friday and my TSH is at 0.02 which i know would normally be hyper (overactive), but my T4 is fine. I know pregnancy plays a big part in thyroid function so I’m wondering if it’s just super low as I leave my first tri and hopefully it will level out into my second. I haven’t received a call from my doc yet and don’t have an appointment for like 3 weeks, so hopefully that’s a good sign. My thyroid was 0.99 in May and was normal my last two pregnancies.  I just know there are a lot of mommas out there with thyroid issues before or during pregnancy that could maybe assist! Thanks in advance :smile:
  • Options
    @born2run911 I have had hypothyroid for a few years (predating ttc). Generally speaking, it's much better to be overactive than underactive during pregnancy. Your TSH is quite low (meaning overactive thyroid) so I would follow up with the doctor but I suspect it could be bizarre first tri hormonal fluctuations that will even out, especially since you were normal in past pregnancies. The standard of care would be to recheck TSH and T4 in 4 weeks. You also want to make sure the doctor will check antibodies during your next bloodwork, to rule out Graves Disease. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions.

• Options
    @born2run911 agree with @adirat. I have hyperactive thyroid and am frequently monitored throughout pregnancy. If your free T4 is normal they probably won't start any meds. I think my tsh was lowest during first tri last time and normalized throughout pregnancy. Depending on if you have a h/o thyroid issues they may send a referral to an endocrinologist. My endo wants to see me monthly, it's mainly just monitoring blood work.
  • Options
    @nlc8424 and @adirat thanks that’s very helpful! I’ll make an appointment sooner. 
  • Options
    @born2run911 So T4 is your actual thyroid hormone and that is normal. Your TSH, which stimulates your body to make thyroid hormone, is low but that can be normal in pregnancy especially during first trimester when there is an increase in thyroid hormone from HCG. This means that your labs appear normal and are not suggestive of thyroid disease. However given hormonal affects on these thyroid hormones during pregnancy it can make diagnosis difficult and your doctor may want additional testing such as T3 level or to repeat these labs at a later date to ensure that your labs remain normal. Hope this helps
  • Options
    @starla @EErin86 I will have to try those - thank you!!
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Options
    Has anyone started feeling better yet? How far along are you? I need a light at the end of the nausea tunnel!
  • Options
    @EErin86 Nausea clears up for a lot of people between 12 and 16 weeks.

For me, it cleared up around 20 weeks last time.

Some things that have helped are having a small snack or something next to the bed for when I first wake up and trying to eat small snacks between meals. Sipping on drinks like tea, water, or pop have also helped. I know a lot of people cut caffeine but Coca Cola has seriously been the only thing I've kept down today.

Some of my go to snacks have been cashews and green apples.
  • Options
    I'm 11+2.

I have the sort of double b(l)ump thing going right now - my lower pelvic area has a definite bump starting that wasn't there before, but there's also a very lovely pot-belly-pudge thing going on in my stomach area which I can still suck in. The lower bit I can't do anything about.

@EErin86 I started noticing that I was feeling a little better last week (10 weeks) and this week is improving even more. I did feel pretty nauseous last night and this morning but overall it's not like it was with nausea allll day long and really bad in the evenings. Typically 12-14 weeks is when it kind of ends, although everyone is different.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    Anyone else feel restless and exhausted at the same time. I cannot wait to get to bed, but when I do, my nausea and indigestion make me miserable and then I'm unable to fall asleep. Bleh! And, also, it feels really weird already to sleep on my back. I know that happens in your second trimester, but I feel a weight on my uterus and it's uncomfortable. I guess maybe since this is my 3rd kid, my uterus is ahead of the game. LOL.
  • Options
    @EErin86 I’m 11+1 and started noticing an improvement in how I was feeling last week. With DS, I was back to normal at 15.5 weeks. With DD, I was on Diclegis until 30 weeks. I was ok and felt normal as long as I took my bedtime dose of Diclegis. 

This time, I’m still on my regimented 4 pills a day of Diclegis. I’m feeling almost OK during the day but still icky in the evening. I’m hoping that gets better in the next few weeks. 
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses!
  • Options
    @EErin86 I’m 11.5w and started feeling better this weekend, but my nausea wasn’t THAT bad.

@sarahlynn72181  I am exhausted all the time yet I wake up motn and can’t fall asleep for hours. Sleeping on my back isn’t comfortable anymore either.
  • Options
    Has anyone done the prenatal screening test? What do they do? Will it harm the baby? If there a chance of miscarriage if you decide to do it? 
  • Options
    josieee_v said:
    Has anyone done the prenatal screening test? What do they do? Will it harm the baby? If there a chance of miscarriage if you decide to do it? 
    There are many different types, some invasive, some not. Check this out: https://www.thebump.com/a/prenatal-tests-checklist

• Options
    josieee_v said:
    Generally the screenings have no miscarriage risk (they're usually blood work and/or ultrasound, depending on the test as adirat said), but if something comes back positive they'll want to do a diagnostic test (which you can decline). That's typically a CVS or amniocentesis depending on the timeframe, and those carry a small risk of miscarriage. It's *very* small, but it does exist. If you get to that point, always go over everything with your doctor and weight the risks and benefits for your situation.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    @adirat @treeofcheem Thank you ladies! 
  • Options
    Anyone else getting sore ribs? Mine are sore both in the front and the back. I've read it can be from expanding lungs or from heavier breasts.
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    I think my cold from heck has settled in and become a sinus infection. I Googled and Dr. Google says plenty of antibiotics are safe enough during pregnancy but many are not. He then suggested trying home remedies to clear it up. Has anyone here dealt with a sinus infection while pregnant? Is it worth it to tough it out with soup and nasal irrigation? Or should I call my doc and get the drugs? Thoughts? 
  • Options
    @stothi this hasn’t happened to me while pregnant (yet?) but I get frequent sinus infections. I’ve always found some relief in inhaling steam with a few drops of eucalyptus oil. Apparently it has some antibiotic properties, and aside from that, feels good and helps clear pressure (and the google tells me it’s safe for pregnancy). I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @stothi I have toughed out a major sinus infection while pregnant with my son. It was miserable and lasted forever. I kept thinking “how much longer can this really last” and talking myself out of going to the doctor. In hind sight, it was dumb to suffer that long (I think 4-5 weeks) when there are plenty of pregnancy safe antibiotic options. Just tell your dr you are pregnant and they will take that into consideration while prescribing. If it was only a 5-7 day cold, no biggie. But there is no need to suffer. 
  • Options
    @spottedginger I've reached the week and a half point on this cold. It wasn't until yesterday that I even considered going to the doc for it cause the sinus pressure has gotten crazy and now my ear is hurting. The other symptoms aren't worse, and some are better, but holy $#!+ there's some serious pain now that wasn't involved before. I've got that thing where if you bend over it feels like your head is going to implode. Ow.
  • Options
    Yeah. @stothi, with possibility of an ear infection starting, I’d be tempted to go. The sooner you feel better, the better. 
  • Options
    @stothi call. We suffer enough in pregnancy. There are plenty of antibiotics safe in pregnancy. I was put on antibiotics when preg w/ DS because DH and niece both had strep and I was showing signs of it. 
  • Options
    @stothi I hope you feel better soon on the antibiotics! My nonna-in-law swears by oregano as a home remedy for sinus issues. Add fresh or dried oregano to things you are cooking, or prepare in a tea. (Personally I think the tea tastes noxious, but I love oregano in food!)