October 2018 Moms

Baby names!

Re: Baby names!

• @acciocoffee SPILL. What’s the name? In general I’m on the same page, not a fan of the concept, but I’ve heard made up names that I like.

also I’m obsessed with your username
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We love the name Wilder for a boy but we know it’s a bit wild and people might hate it so our second choice is Kian and for a girl Aria (huge game of thrones fan). My 4 year old daughter is Isla Jane. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @DunkinDecaf Elsa was actually my favorite girl name before Frozen came out! The name we like is Hollyn. My big issue is the way it's spelled. I don't care for "lyn" names. 
  • Hmm yeah I don’t love -yn names in general. Maybe Hollen? Although tbh I would prefer Holly or Helen.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @DunkinDecaf I actually prefer the name Holly. DH hates it though. So it will probably just end up being a completely different name if it's a girl. lol
  • @acciocoffee I think Hollyn sounds super cute! I say go for it! I’m all about naming your child what you want and not caring about who else likes or dislikes it! 

• @knottief7f00f939208b8ab I taught a little boy named Wilder at first I was like woah, but then it really grew on me. It also helped hatbhe was the beautiful and sweetest little human ever. I say go for it! Also, change your screen name so we can tag you/get to know you!
  • I can’t get Zadie out of my head for
    a girl and really wish I had the courage to just do it. 
  • carlyamccarlyamc member
    edited February 2018
    If the little babe is a boy he will be a JR. so that was easy! My DD is Amelia kennedy (both family names). I have a LONG list for girl names and DH doesn’t love ANY of them :(

Thea
    Eleanor
    Logan
    Maeve
    Genevieve
    Claire
    Aurora
    Loralie

... just to name a few lol 

• DD is Hazel Mae and we decided on either Rosemary (mn undecided) or Hudson Lyle. Personally, I’m hoping for a boy this time.
  • We pretty much already have a boy's name picked out but we had NO ideas for a girl names. We played a "game" this weekend where we went back and forth listing as many names starting with A as we could, then we went on to B. It was a fun way to brainstorm together!
  • acciocoffee I actually know a Hollyn. I think it is cute, but think many people will think the name is Holly
  • edited February 2018
    Was asking about Eli and I like Eli (pronounced Eee-lie)  for a girl but DH reminded me there is a boy in the family with that name already. And it is a little too close to be comfortable to have the same name. Sigh names are going to be tough. I like more unique and he doesn't want the kid made fun of for their name. Just because it is unique doesn't mean they will get made fun of for it. Heck kids suck,  they will make fun of someone for anything if they want to make fun of them. A name won't be the deciding factor on if they will get picked on IMO. 
  • I think we've officially decided on

Charlotte (Charlie) Rose (Rose is my middle name)
    Griffin (Griff) John-Michael (John was my grandpa and Michael is my husband's first name and his son's middle)
  • @acciocoffee I like that name! You should go for it! It's not too crazy, and made up names are fun (as long as you don't mind EVERYONE you introduce her to asking where her name came from!)

We named our daughter Kersey, which was a funny long-story-hypothetical-silly-pregnancy nickname that just stuck. And wouldn't you know, right since birth she has 100% proved to have the quirky personality fit for a little girl named Kersey :)
  • sammierose464sammierose464 member
    edited February 2018
    chyvie said:
    So DH sent me this link after me sharing a long list of names with him. Figured I'd share it with you ladies! 

https://offspring.lifehacker.com/how-to-test-drive-your-baby-name-1822382119

This has me cracking up as you get further down. My friend told me to do the "yell test", see how it sounds when you're yelling like they're in trouble.

ETA: maybe we shouldn't go with Charlotte Rose...
  • You could totally make Charlotte sound intimating. Especially if you call her Charlie for a nn. My sister is Charlotte but we call her Charlie. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• chyvie said:
    You could totally make Charlotte sound intimating. Especially if you call her Charlie for a nn. My sister is Charlotte but we call her Charlie. 
    In the article it says you should google the name to see what comes up..the first hit for Charlotte Rose is interesting.
  • @sammierose464 well at least she won an award!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• @chyviethat is awesome!! I need to bookmark that! 
  • @kate-expectations It will still be in the running most likely because it's one of the very few names DH likes. I actually didn't make the name up. It's the name of a Christian singer. I'm not even a huge fan of her music besides one song, but I think her name is really beautiful. I've only told two people that name so far and both of them thought I said Holland. So that concerns me as well. I don't want to constantly be spelling the name out for people. I don't hate the name Holland, but location names just aren't my thing. The good news is that I have a lot of time to think about names and there is a 50% chance we won't even need to discuss girl names. Lol
  • Last time we couldn't agree on a girls name, and had one name for a boy, luckily he was a boy. Now I    mentioned a name and DH doesn't want to think about it until our appt, but he liked it. Now I think we would have a girls name and not a boys!
    Ava Marie

DS 12/15/13

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm having the hardest time with girls names.  DH has a list he loves already and nothing is clicking with me.  For DD we had her name 100% decided (and we're in love with it) by 12 weeks, maybe even sooner.  Its so early still but names are making me frustrated and moody. 
  • Nathan if boy and Elizabeth if girl.
  • For a boy my husband wants to name him ****** the fifth, I agreed a while ago on the condition we don't have twin boys. We've already determined there is only one in there so...
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • My older kids are Robin and Jay, so we have always joked about our 3rd child having a bird name - but we probably won't actually go that route. We do like shorter names that are not super common, but easy to spell :). We love Sloane for a girl and Logan for a boy.
  • @elynds Sloane was one of my favorite names last time around for DD but my H wouldn't go for it. If we have another girl I'll probably try for it again!
  • DD is Mila Isabelle so we want something short that goes well with it. We loved Liam but....everyone is Liam. We have a common last name so leaning away from it. DH likes Dion (it's similar to his name) but I don't really like it. But we're pretty sold on Nora Juliette for a girl. 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • FFTC:  DH and I have both been obsessed with the name Tippi since I was pregnant with DS.  We had it in mind when naming DD, but people made comments (as they always do...) and we couldn't go through with it.  We named her Scarlett, and while the name  totally suits her, I think Tippi would have been perfect.

So now all I can think about is whether or not to use Tippi for this baby (I have it in my head it's a girl, no idea why). 

image        image

• Oh and more random thoughts... sibsets are super hard.  I also loved the name Layla for DD. 

But our son was already Luka, and I mentioned Layla to ONE person and they said 'Oh, would it be like a Star Wars thing?" and after that, that was all I could think of and the name was ruined for me.

image        image

• Baby daddy is against anything androgynous. We've got a lot of time to think about it, but so far we like Adrienne, Jenna, and Gwen. Boy names are a lot tougher, but I've always liked the more classic names like James and William. I'll keep checking back here for more ideas though!
  • @acciocoffee DD has a classmate named Hollyn! I think it’s really pretty!

As for us, we had a completely different name picked out for DD until I was 7-8 months pregnant. This time around I think we’ll wait till second trimester before discussing anything seriously. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @knottief7f00f939208b8ab I looove Wilder! 

DS is Archer Jameson 

For #2, If he’s a boy, 
    Orion (still deciding middle name) 

If a girl, 
    Aurelia Grace. Raley for short. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • We have chatted a little about names and this is going to be heck. He likes classic/common and I like short and not common. I like Norah or Nora but popularity has risen and I don't want my kid to have to go by their last name or a nickname as there are three other in their class. 
  • @SweetSweetTooth yeah the name game is no fun at my house. My husband and I can hardly agree on anything. Thankfully in my area Nora is still pretty uncommon but he still isn’t sold. He loved Laila but a close friend of ours JUST had a baby and named her that. We had DD name before we even got married but that’s it. 
    Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I did!! And when I go to my account my username is different but when I post it’s still knottie, did I do it wrong? Glad some people like Wilder we love it but we were afraid of other people’s reaction to it. 
  • @knottief7f00f939208b8ab you have to log out and log back in for your name change to work
  • Yay! It worked