July 2018 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    zande2016 said:
    @wildtot I agree, I always cringe when I see a really older kid with a pacifier. I try not to judge too hard because my kid never took one so I don't know how hard it is to break the habit, but it's sooo bad for the teeth, I think I would put my foot down at that point and take it away. 

My UO is I am not really excited for the Olympics. 
    I’ll take it away when the doctor and dentist tell me to. My SD uses it only at night. 
  • Options
    @pretzellover thanks for the breakdown that makes me feel closer to the end than the beginning! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I started out hating DT but then grew to love it when DS embraced the songs and it helped with so many learning moments; cleaning, trying new food, remembering to go potty when we are playing, the whole " when you feel so mad, that you wanna roar, just take a deep breath...and count to 4" is something DS will do ON HIS OWN sometimes. 

BUT THE PANTS. OMG THE PANTS. I really understand you on that. And he does wear his trolley PJ pants! So its even weirder that he doesn't wear pants normally!
  • Options
    My UO: I have a friend whose pregnancy is close in stage to mine. We both went through hell to get here; years of trying, losses and IVF. Every time I’ve asked her how it’s going or how she’s feeling, she complains — about standard aches, pains, and the sort. She doesn’t have any underlying medical conditions; has had no  complications - but all doom and gloom. 

Bc of that, even when my eye feels like it’s about to explode from a migraine at work, or I have been up half the night, I still say ‘feeling great’ and ‘cant complain’ when folks ask. Bc I don’t ever want people to think of me how I currently think of her. can’t stand all the damn whining!
  • Options
    @wildtot same here too. I feel weird about kids over 3 with pacifiers, especially in public. DS never took a pacifier so I don’t know how hard it is to break but I weaned him at a little over 2... I’d imagine it’s easier to cut a kid off from a pacifier you can throw away than a boob that’s always there. I’d like to say it would strictly be a bed time thing for me once they’re old enough to comprehend it. 
  • Options
    @acunamatada @elizabethrn87 Luckily DS was pretty easy since he started to self wean early on and only used it for bedtime/nap. But eventually i got tired looking for them and replacing all the time. My nephew was 3 when it was taken away and it was almost like making deals with him to not use it. 
  • Options
    we have already started to wean Lil and only allow the pacifier at night time and nap time per her dr'a reccomendation. It is actually been an easy transition to that for the most part. I am dreading taking it away at night time

• Options
    moguippy said:
    Finally have an UO. I don't get the obsession with curling (the olympic sport). Like it is always on. I want to watch something else!
    DH is watching it right now, ugh so boring i just don’t get it. 
  • Options
    @moguippy Im from a state famous for curling and I find it incredibly boring but not as boring as watching golf haha in my opinion 

• Options
    @pretzellover you’re totally right, math was off! 4 months is still closer to 18 weeks than 16. I still maintain that pregnancy is NOT 10 months!

re: pacifiers, I brought that up on my last board and I got majorly flamed. People told me that you can’t judge what a family is going through just by seeing an “older” kid with a pacifier. 

...I still think it’s weird when a 4 year old has a pacifier.
  • Options
    So that I don’t go crazy converting weeks to months, I like to just calculate months according to my due date. I’m due July 7th, yesterday was February 7th, so I’m 4 months. May not be exact but makes sense for me  :)

My best friend is a professional photographer so I’ve had a camera documenting my life since high school.  :D I love all the photo shoots. They’re  precious irreplaceable keepsakes to me. All the kids milestones, maternity, newborns, I love them all. I’m such a sucker for a cute photo. 
  • Options
    Plus 1 for no cutesy clothes. I have a boy and another on the way. I hate absolutely everything in stores and can’t believe how many racks and racks and racks there are for clothes and a teeny tiny section for boys YET apparently no basics like plain solid maroon or dark green onesies...

Same on pacifiers over 2, it’s a orthodontic issue at that point isn’t it?

LOOOOOVVVEEEE photoshoots but not the posed kind. We use a lifestyle photographer for family photos once a year and birthday photos for our son. Basically we walk around in a park and she takes photos. She captures genuine moments and genuine non posed smiles. Our last shoot she got a picture of my buttoning up my son’s shirt when we did an outfit change. It’s my absolute favorite. But a HARD NO on maternity. They’re always tacky...even the celebrity ones!!!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BrittG13 said:
    Plus 1 for no cutesy clothes. I have a boy and another on the way. I hate absolutely everything in stores and can’t believe how many racks and racks and racks there are for clothes and a teeny tiny section for boys YET apparently no basics like plain solid maroon or dark green onesies...

Same on pacifiers over 2, it’s a orthodontic issue at that point isn’t it?

LOOOOOVVVEEEE photoshoots but not the posed kind. We use a lifestyle photographer for family photos once a year and birthday photos for our son. Basically we walk around in a park and she takes photos. She captures genuine moments and genuine non posed smiles. Our last shoot she got a picture of my buttoning up my son’s shirt when we did an outfit change. It’s my absolute favorite. But a HARD NO on maternity. They’re always tacky...even the celebrity ones!!!
    Dentist has said my 3 year old teeth are perfectly fine. It depends on how much and what they do with the paci. Kids that constantly have them in and talk around them tend to have more issues. My daughter uses it as a comfort thing to fall asleep. Although since she is almost 4 we are going to take it away at night here soon. She has only had it at night (not naps) since she turned 2. 

• Options
    No pacifiers in our house but our kids are big thumb suckers. The oldest is 4, but only the 2yo's teeth look jacked up. I'm not super worried about it. To some extent, I feel like almost everyone gets some sort of orthodontic work done these days, no? Thumb is obviously tougher to take away, but I hear that the peer pressure/questioning they get from other kids in school is what really ends up stopping them from doing it. He won't be 8 sucking his thumb, but I think DH did until 5! Not sure if this is an UO or a FFFC?
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I also hate golf lol.. I think I just hate boring sports.. although I love baseball so idk
  • Options
    @moguippy same haha love me some
    baseball!!

• Options
    @AlyLynn07 my 2 and a half year old is a thumb sucker too. She has been since birth :/ I try and make her stop, but it's futile at this point. I need to start figuring something out though 
  • Options
    cseley321 said:
    @AlyLynn07 my 2 and a half year old is a thumb sucker too. She has been since birth :/ I try and make her stop, but it's futile at this point. I need to start figuring something out though 
    My daughter twists her hair- we can’t get it to grow because of it. The closest thing to getting her to stop was substitute. We would have her twist her bears hair. Worked for a week
  • Options
    for all the fellow cutesy clothes haters - I buy the solid crawlers on Amazon in like 6 packs.  Seems to be the only place I can get them - search results here omg that oshkosh polo is actually really cute...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hate watching basketball but will sit and watch golf. I have figured out on life that I prefer to watch "precision" sports (golf, football, baseball) but hate watching things like basketball and hockey and soccer. There's so much slop! 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @tarheelgirl8 Valentine's Day, to me, is just another commercial holiday. One for the shitty SO to try to make up for being shitty. My mom taught us to be thankful for the ones you love and care for every day, not just on Valentine's Day. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @tarheelgirl8 @zombiehoohaa I'm with you. We have an agreement with DH that we don't care and it's true not just "oh you don't need to do anything but I actually will get mad if you don't ", lol. Our anniversary (of dating) is 2/20 so we prefer to celebrate that. Can't believe the babe will be here for our first wedding anniversary
  • Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited February 2018
    UO: I had to skim through this entire weeks to months computing conversation because math makes my head hurt. I see or hear math and I'm like: