TTC After a Loss
Options

February TWW

Re: February TWW

• Options
    That is awesome, @offtoneverland
  • Options
    @offtoneverland Yay!  Great results :)  My fingers are crossed super hard for you and tomorrow's betas. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    14dpo and I think my RE will test HCG tomorrow possibly.  At what point do they give you medicine to start your period?  I'm getting negatives at home.  Temp is staying about the same every day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    zamoraspinzamoraspin member
    edited February 2018
    @vlagrl29 Usually when people use Provera to start their period it is because they are having 60+ day cycles without ovulating, so I'm not sure at what point they would recommend it if you have ovulated. I don't think you are going to like the side effects of the Provera either (I think it's just a huge dose of progesterone, and extra progesterone makes me cry), so I would put it off as long as possible. Plus, you know you have late implantation, AND, it takes at least several days for the Provera to work so it is unlikely to be instant relief. Maybe try some natural remedies to get things moving if the hCG is negative, like a warm bath or some exercise? I know you are feeling so crappy, hang in there, mama. 
    eta words
  • Options
    well update on that @zamora_spin - Got my prog result and it was 1.7 wtf?  I don't think I ovulated at all.  I'm  always ovulating with a prog of 14.  I've taken the pill before 10 years ago when I skipped 3 months and don't remember anything bad regarding side effects.  I had thought it was prometrium they gave you for that?    Anyways left message for nurse.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Hmm, that is so low. How weird. Prometrium is another form of progesterone so that is possible. I use Prometrium as a suppository starting at around 4dpo to support (possible) early pregnancy and am supposed to stay on it until 12 weeks if I get a BFP. It is a pretty common prescription to support early pregnancy for loss patients and IVF patients. I use two pills a day. It does give me some side effects - basically early pregnancy symptoms like swollen boobs and constipation, and then I've also had little bouts of dizziness and nausea. I've heard using it as a suppository gives fewer side effects but idk if you are taking it to induce AF whether you can take it that way.

I mention this only because you had such a strong reaction to clomid, and while clomid made me much crazier emotionally than the progesterone (my husband told me the other day he'd rather we do IVF than I take clomid again, that's how much fun I was, apparently!), progesterone gives me more physical symptoms and also seems to make me weepier towards the end of my cycle. Idk, definitely do whatever feels right to you. 
  • Options
    vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited February 2018
    @zamora_spin - the OB suggested provera.  after thinking about it I decided to wait a week and see what happens.  I just found out I have adrenal fatigue so I need to get that better first.  I did have that spotting last Fri that I thought was CD1 cause it was pretty heavy but no real heavy red flow - just heavy spotting that lasted 4-5 days and lightened towards the end.  Is it possible that could have been my period - although very light and only a 3 week cycle?  The one thing that didn't happen this cycle that has been the last several cycles was swollen and tender boobs - I didn't get that this month.
  • Options
    Having some pretty jagged looking temperatures post-o.... My sleep has not been great lately, stress is not helping, what a vicious circle! Trying to relax, thinking maybe I should just stop temping altogether. Maybe it's just adding more stress. 
  • Options
    Y'all, testing info in spoiler, I didn't want you to think I was ghosting, TW: 

I have been testing and some days getting vvfls on FRER (and sometimes Wondfo, even lighter). When I say vvfl, I mean it, probably like many of you I have developed excellent line vision and the lines are not easy to see, although they are pink and coming up in time.  I am concerned I am having a CP. I am trying to be thankful for the (likely very) short time I have with this little embryo. 

• Options
    *Lurking from WTO:

@kikimi83 I have found that temping causes me some stress during the TWW especially. Maybe take a break and see if it helps with your stress level?

@zamora_spin A cautious congrats to you! I am hoping so hard that it’s just early. Have you had a beta?
  • Options
    @zamora_spin FX those lines start darkening for you!! Keep us update.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin FX it’s not a CP.  keep us posted.  
  • Options
    @cassafrass15 I have a call in to my RE to get a blood draw slot for tomorrow morning so that I can hopefully get the results same day. Not very hopeful. 
  • Options
    I hope your beta shows good numbers @zamora_spin.  It’s so hard not to over analyze those lines.  Hugs to you.  
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I hope you get good news tomorrow. Hugs.
  • Options
    zamora_spin Oh man, I really hope this is the sticky one for you! Hopefully they can get your betas in early and results back to you so you can have an idea sooner, rather than later. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @zamora_spin - hoping it's good news for you.  Let us know!
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Hoping you get some answers sooner rather than later. FX for you!
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    **lurking**
    @zamora_spin I'm so sorry for the stress you're going through with your faint positives. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow as you get your blood test. I hope it doesn't take long for the results to come back. Fingers crossed for you, friend. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @Zamora_spin Fingers crossed super hard for you this morning.
  • Options
    @zamora_spin FX for the stickiest little bean!  Thinking of you and hoping for good news  <3
  • Options
    @zamora_spin come on little embryo! Grow grow grow! Fingers crossed so hard for you! 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the good thoughts y'all. I am not pregnant. TW in spoiler.

I don't want to be an alarmist, but I have taken probably 100 pregnancy tests in the past 12 months and have never before thought I was (a bit) pregnant when I wasn't. I am sure there are pink lines on my tests, they are very very faint, but they are there. Google has now terrified me because cancer comes up as a possible cause for false pregnancy tests, and I happen to be at higher risk for two of the cancers they mention as specifically causing false positives, cervical and colon cancer. I have a message in to my RE's office to ask what my best next step is. I hope I am wrong and it's just a matter of having very low hCG that is resolving combined with the margin of error on the blood tests. 

• Options
    I’m so sorry @zamora_spin.  Was there HCG in your blood test?  I really hope there isn’t anything serious going on.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Sorry. I hope it’s just low hcg- try not to drive yourself crazy googling. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I’m so sorry to hear this nred. I hope your RE is able to put your mind at ease. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I'm so sorry about the results; that is so strange that lines are showing up. Do you think they could be faulty tests? Are they all from the same box? Stupid question, as I'm sure you've already thought of that. I'm glad you'll be meeting with the RE to figure out if you need to do some testing to rule out anything serious. I'll be thinking of you and crossing my fingers. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @zamora_spin - sorry :(  Hope nothing serious is going on.
  • Options
    @offtoneverland They have been from different boxes purchased at two different retailers. I know at one time the curved handle FRER had an issue, but these are straight handle. I’ve had indents before but I’ve never had color on the tests. They are all pink, but very very faint. It is 13dpo and this has been happening since 8dpo. I also have had some vvfl on Wondfo. 

There are probably explanations but I’ve just never had this happen before - every time I’ve thought I had a positive test I had a positive beta. I wasn’t expecting it to be high, I once had vvfl FRER with blood level of 4.9, I thought it would be something like that, not less than one.
  • Options
    @Zamora_spin I'm so sorry about your update.  Fingers crossed that you get answers soon and that it's nothing serious.
  • Options
    That sounds terrible and frustrating @zamora_spin! I'm sorry it wasn't the news you wanted. Hope you get some actual explanation soon. 
  • Options
    Alright, my RE says if it was something scary, like cancer, it would also cause a false positive blood test. She gave me some explanations for why this could happen, one of which is small amounts of protein or blood in urine. I am feeling calmer now. It was a weird experience but I am glad I didn't have another loss. 
  • Options
    zamora_spin Ugh. Sorry for this confusing and frustrating situation! I wish there were more of an explanation for you. As if RPL sufferers don't have to deal with enough as is, add 'protein/blood in urine causing false BFP' to the list! UGH!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @zamora_spin what a horribly confusing few days you've been through. This roller coaster sucks. Sorry you're dealing with even more stress. Big hugs 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin that sucks... I've never heard that before. I frequently have blood/protein in my urine, good to know at least. 
  • Options
    I'm glad your RE was able to reassure you @zamora_spin.   I’m sorry you had to go through that though :(

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I’m glad your RE was able to at least make you less worried! 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin Sorry to hear you’ve had a confusing couple of days! Like @dpjennifer said, it’s not like us RPL sufferers need anything else to worry about. But I am glad your RE was reassuring. Hang in there!
  • Options

@Zamora_spin I'm so sorry you've had such a stressful few days. I'm sorry you had to go through that but I'm glad it's nothing serious.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3