June 2018 Moms
Options

February Symptoms Thread

Re: February Symptoms Thread

• Options
    Count me in on the crotch swamp, too, @murraydog2008. I’m doing a lot more laundry these days!
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @2589 ME TOO!!! My veins all over are insane (even starting to notice big blue veins around my mouth on my face) but especially creepy and noticeable on my chest. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @2589 @doxiemoxie212 yup here too.  Looks like that's where my stretch marks are starting this time around too.  I'm terrified what they will look like after breastfeeding this time around.  They are already pretty ugly from last time, lol.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    +1 on the veins. My chest is a little more but holy heck, the suckers in my arm where they draw blood from are like popping out of the crook of my elbow and have to be at least pencil size in diameter. Every single time I go for blood draws now, they are like ooh that's a great one!  Gee thanks. 

I'm also now part of the swollen feet club as of today. Nothing crazy, but definitely noticeable. My heart was also acting up tonight and needed to take an extra dose of medication. May be hitting up a cardiologist appointment here soon. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for the giggle every time I read “crotch swamp”.... I feel less alone right now

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • Options
    +1 to the crotch swamp and extra earwax clubs!

My nipples itch a lot too. I'm lotioning my chest at least twice a day, if not three times, and it helps until the lotion is all soaked in, hah.
    I've learned how to discreetly itch the nip while at work with people around and looking at me. :smiley: 

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger I have the same issue with my back. I started doing the cat/cow combo from yoga before bed to move the baby away from spine (as my yoga teacher recommended) and it has helped some. 
  • Options
    Talk to me about RLP. Where do you feel it? What does it feel like? I've been getting kind of stabbing pains right along my bikini line and sometimes even lower into my pubic bone area. Is that RLP? I was confused because I wasn't making sudden/jerky movements when it happened and I always read that's what brings it on. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Options
    AFM I think I was wrong about it being hip flexor pain. I did manage to foam roll my hip flexors thanks to y’alls advice but it made me realize that’s not really the pain. I don’t know why I didn’t notice before. It’s definifely lower, like, right to the right of my pubic bone and down sort of alon my labia? But not my labia, to the right of my vulva. I don’t know it’s really hard to explain? I feel like the pain jumps around a bit ugh. Almost like maybe my right leg isn’t aligned in the socket properly (my limbs do have a tendency to fall out of socket a bit). Sigh...
  • Options
    @izza2 sometimes at work, I go into the bathroom just so I can scratch the ish out if my boobs. Mine is a higher boob itch and it is fierce sometimes. I need to learn your ways of discreet itching.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 could it be some kind of nerve pain? I know that besides sciatica, when my hips or glutes are tight I sometimes get a pain that is basically right in the crease of my groin- I know not the exact spot you are describing, but just that the tight muscles can squeeze on a lot of nerves that cause referred pain elsewhere.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @2589 IDK maybe? I'm foam rolling and stretching like a mad woman, and I'm honestly bendy AF, I don't really get tight muscles... It's driving me a little nuts. It mostly hurts when I lift that leg up, so when I'm walking, or if I'm trying to put my shoes/socks on, or if I just move it to lift it in bed. Otherwise it's fine...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 That sounds just like my SPD. Any one legged maneuvers are awful--standing on one leg to put on pants, using a leg to roll over in bed, getting in and out of a car and walking up stairs. The way I tried to describe the location to my doctor was that it was in my vagina but like WAY up in there past the actual....cavity? It's really hard to describe the location. I knew it wasn't my actual vagina hurting because sex didn't hurt it and I tried to manually find the place of pain and couldn't. Over the past 9 weeks of dealing with it, the location of the pain has moved slightly, or maybe just became a little more widespread. At first it was slightly left and now it's still there but also right over my pubic bone too. Since SPD is from ligaments being too loose instead of tight, maybe this is your culprit too. 
  • Options
    @amys614 yes, that sounds exactly what I'm experiencing. Considering you've had this for 9 weeks...........does that mean I should not be hopeful about this going away? lol Has your doctor said anything about making it worse? I can deal with the pain as long as I don't feel worried I'm going to make it worse by pushing through anything. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 lol sorry for the less than stellar news, but it is typically expected to get worse instead of better as the pelvis stretches and the ligaments loosen. My doctor said I could do PT or see a chiropractor if it got bad, but I am too lazy to commit to something like that when I'm just dealing with it. If it gets unbearable, maybe.

He didn't give me any warnings or precautions or tell me I should worry about messing it up more. Just said to try and avoid offending movements for my own benefit and said to sit down when putting on pants and keep your knees tightly together when rolling over or getting out of bed or a car to help with the pain. Sometimes I do those things and sometimes I don't--but knees together does help me not yelp out in pain. 

I've been using this brace and I wear it slightly lower than the picture and I'm certain its been my saving grace. It still hurts, but on the days I skip it, night time is a biatch and I can tell the difference. I wear it all day and remove it at night. It just keeps my pelvis more together as opposed to all loosey goosey, I think? 
  • Options
    @izza2 you might use some of the nipple cream for nursing on those itchy nips.  I had that happen a few times and have some of the nursing nipple ointment left over from last time that I threw on them and it cleared the itching right up.  It's much thicker and might soothe you a little more.  I highly recommend the Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple butter.  That stuff saved my nipples with the second baby!

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • Options
    Count me in for aches these days. It feels like I've been riding a horse for days.... My groin area I guess it would be is achy. I guess it's things widening? Anyways, not extremely painful just achy and causing a slight waddle ugh.
  • Options
    @amys614 - I've done that when the discreet itching wasn't cutting it, lol. Mostly I pretend to cross my arms and then like half pinch half itch while I'm uncrossing my arms? No ones called me out on it yet, so I'm taking it as discreet enough, lol.

@murraydog2008 - I'm planning on adding nipple cream to our registry so I can buy that and get cash back for it, lol. Thanks for the recommendation!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @izza2 I was also going to recommend the Earth Mama Angel Baby nipple butter like @murraydog2008. I am a FTM so no experience with it with regards to nursing but my nipple was so dry it was cracking and itched like a Mo Fo! MH doesn't like it because he says it's sticky, it soaks in after a while but it takes some time, but he can live with it if he want to get anywhere near my boobs while he still can. 

In general with regards to using it for nursing I like that I don't have to wash it off before baby nurses. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @sabby2 I had tough carpal tunnel discomfort with DS. I wish I could remember when it started. but I felt some aching the other day so I'm hoping its not trying to start soon!

me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @izza2 I use Dr. Lipp lip balm (it is technically a nipple cream) and I've used it on my nipples too. If you don't want to buy legit nipple cream yet. 
    https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Lipp-Original-Nipple-0-507/dp/B00871DGVO/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1519236881&sr=8-1&keywords=dr+lipp+miracle+balm+for+lips
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and to everyone talking about stretching with one leg crossed over the other, I highly suggest trying the "assisted" version of this stretch. Google "assisted figure four stretch" and have YH help. It gets so much deeper and I find it so much more satisfying. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @izza2 I had dry nips {like to the point they'd crack and bleed - wtf!?} I know someone suggested cream, but at night I've been doing coconut oil on them and surrounding area {areola mostly, but depends} It's really made a huge friggen difference! Mine were also sensitive and it's helped with that
  • Options
    Oh - I've also been using this combo on my belly, booty, hips, boobs, and nips. Not sure if it will help the stretch marks, but it is super hydrating.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHGTO2U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @catlady1215 - I've had carpal tunnel issues in the past as well.  I'm just waiting for it to strike again.  About 2 nights ago I kept waking up to my hands being asleep, so I don't think it's far away.  :(  I had to sleep with wrist braces on during the latter part of my previous pregnancies.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    @amys614 and @doxiemoxie212 - I have similar pain when I lift or put pressure on my right leg.  I had with with DD1 as well.  I feel like it lasted for a few weeks after giving birth before it went away but I don't remember entirely.  I also feel it if I over do it and spend too much time on my feet and this time around carrying/lifting DD1 too much.
  • Options
    Anyone experiencing numbness or tingling in their fingers? This started when I got to work at 8 this morning. It's just the fingertips that feel tingly, not my whole hand. So strange!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @aharv77 I get random tingling in my fingers or random places sometimes too. I get the same down my legs. I assume both are from the pressure and pinch on the nerves from weight or blood. That's what I tell myself anyways lol Mine usually goes away in a few hours, besides my leg which is eternally tingly off and on. Weirdest place Ive had is the side of my head. 
  • Options
    @amys614 Oh good! I was hoping that's what it was. I drank some more water and got up to head to a meeting and now they feel normal but my toes are tingling. Ha! Pregnancy joys. 
  • Options
    @aharv77 haha oh man, its just spreading the love. Also, carpal tunnel is apparently super common in pregnancy due to varying degrees of edema and extra fluid pushing on places. Oh what fun!

• Options
    Anyone else getting light headed??
  • Options
    @1stmurphybaby lightheadedness can be  really common in pregnancy - under what circumstances are you getting light headed?
  • Options
    @1stmurphybaby I spoke with my OB about how I get really lightheaded when I stand up suddenly. She said it was normal and to stand up more slowly. She did check my iron levels just in case though and although mine were normal it might be worth having yours check yours too. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @1stmurphybaby for lightheadedness in general, I think the best things to try would be make sure you’re drinking enough water in case you’re dehydrated, and small snacks with protein in between meals. Also ask your OB to check labwork for anemia- this is routinely done around 28 weeks anyway, so it wouldn’t hurt to do it a few weeks early!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @aharv77 - If your hands keep getting that tingly/numb feeling you may need to start sleeping in wrist braces.  That's what I've done the last two pregnancies, when the carpal tunnel starts up.  The ones I have I got from Walgreens.  Similar to this (it was a 5 years ago so I didn't see the exact ones I have).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 it just varies...noticed it at work today but I feel like I have been running around and super busy....perhaps I just need to take it slow.  I guess if I notice it more consistently I should call my ob. 
  • Options
    @mytinc Thank you! I just started noticing it today. I didn't realize carpal tunnel in pregnancy was common!