August 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/29

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/29

• Options
    So I’m at the OB for my NT scan and my BP is high and my pulse ox is low. They’re having me drink juice to try and get it back up but I’m officially freaking out. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @calimom2524 FX for you! Hopefully it will be a quick and easy fix.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @calimom2524 - I'm stalking for an update! I hope everything is ok! Hugs for you, I'd be freaking out too
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    alinafedalinafed member
    edited February 2018
    Thinking of you calimom2524.

• Options
    @calimom2524 Keep us posted. Try to stay calm for your BP even though I know that's no easy task.  <3
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    Big hugs @calimom2524 thinking of you and waiting for a great update! xo

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jsnakehole you are seriously a champ working through all this. Hang in there!

@alinafed thinking about you today and hope your day turns around.

@calimom2524 thinking of you and hoping for good news soon! 
  • Options
    @calimom2524 thinking of you! 
  • Options
    @doctormom33 not so much of a champ- after a screaming match with DH (well, me screaming and him talking calmly), he managed to get me back into bed and out for the day. I feel miserable and have 8 kids out, so I'm kind of glad I took the day. 

My crazy-ass parent in my class messaged me to check on her kid because apparently the kid was sick all last night, but they still sent her to school. And another parent messaged complaining that the nurse said their child couldn't come back to school until their 104 fever broke and had been gone for 24 hours. People are crazy. Please, none of you guys ever do these things. 

@calimom2524 I've had BP spikes at doctor's appointments in the past due to anxiety. Keep us posted and FX. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    Hi guys. I had such a busy day yesterday and no bump time. Hugs to all whether you need them or not. I had an awful morning with DS, lost my temper big time and trying not to feel too guilty and like I’ve ruined him for life. Sigh. Momming is hard and I’m freaked out to have another. 
  • Options
    @jsnakehole that is totally reasonable. It usually takes a fight with my husband for me to call in sick too. Guess they are trying to look out for us? Usually goes something like this: 

• Options
    @calimom2524 hoping it resolves and all is okay. 

I have the flu. Type B. My son had it a week and a half ago and has been better for over a week, his fever broke last Thursday. I’m stunned. Back on tamiflu and kicking myself for not finishing my dose. 
  • Options
    @ladygali - oh sweetie, hugs right back. That's the worst feeling. You're an amazing mom and it's ok that you lost your temper, it happens to everyone. <3

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 thank you. Luckily I got some nice support from two fellow prek moms and the kindness of strangers. Fingers crossed DS naps today so I can, too. 
  • Options
    @ladygali I did the same thing yesterday. Started yelling and putting DS’s toys in the closet for not listening. Like a crazy person. I feel less guilty now that I know I’m actually sick. I hope everyone takes a nap for you today! 
  • Options
    @amac12999 Oh no! I'm so sorry!!! FX is passes fast for you

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @amac12999 are we the same person? That’s exactly what I did, locked his LEGO’s in the spare room for not listening and threatened to take the rest of his toys. Honestly, he does have too many out and I need to do a major toy purge. I think we’d both feel less overwhelmed with stuff if I can manage to do that. 

Solidarity. I hope you feel better!!
  • Options
    Oh no @amac12999! I'm willing to bet you picked it up some other way than from the kiddo, though. Incubation is really only 1-4 days, most cases it's 2. Either way - so sorry. I hope it passes you quickly. And, thankfully, you don't have to worry about giving it back to your son. Silver lining? 
  • Options
    TW

An aquaintance lost her 5 month old baby yesterday. Because of the FLU. 

Our babies will be 5 months next January. And I used this as a good time to talk to SO about why I am crazy protective. 

Baby was otherwise healthy. And it just kills me. 
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds Oh. My. God. That poor baby ... prayers for your friend's family. Wow. 
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds oh my that is devastating. I don’t even know what else to say. 
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds I am so so sorry for your acquaintance's loss. That is so horrible, there really aren't words.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @calimom2524 - so happy that everything is ok for you and baby!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @calimom2524 glad you got some good news out of that ordeal!
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• Options
    @dirtanddiamonds so awful. There are no words. 
  • Options
    TW

An aquaintance lost her 5 month old baby yesterday. Because of the FLU. 

Our babies will be 5 months next January. And I used this as a good time to talk to SO about why I am crazy protective. 

Baby was otherwise healthy. And it just kills me. 
    Oh my gosh that is awful. I'm so sorry for your acquaintance, how heart breaking. 

• Options
    calimom2524 So glad everything turned out ok!

@dirtanddiamonds That is terrible news. I am so sorry. I can't even imagine. 

• Options
    I've somehow convinced myself that I'm having a girl. We're team green, but I'm somehow convinced that the baby has a vagina. I am a person with ZERO intuition, so I'm trying to remind myself that I still have no idea, and it's 50/50 either way, but it's hard because my OB knows from my NIPT and I have to stop myself from calling and demanding they just tell me.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds That's just awful news. I can't even imagine.

@calimom2524 Glad your appointment ended up going well! And how exciting that she could give you an idea of the sex! My friend was saying sometimes they can tell at the NT scan, which I think is so cool.
  • Options
    @alinafed I'm so sorry for your friend. That's my worst fear right there. I'm glad she has all of you to lean on!

@dirtanddiamonds Absolutely heartbreaking :disappointed:

@calimom2524 Glad everything is okay! I think I need to ask my OB's office to start doing my vitals at the end of my appointment, because literally every time (and I go weekly) they take my BP the nurse goes "wow, it's kind of high today" when I normally have a very low BP and heart rate. Even though I haven't really been too nervous this time, I guess my body disagrees. 
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    On a bit more positive note. It’s amazing how far medical science has come. In the last decade. Or even the last few years. 

This is just amazing. Baby born at 24 weeks. She looks like a tiny adult. Those long legs. It’s incredible to watch. 

https://www.facebook.com/liveaction/videos/10155301515378728/
  • Options
    I have such a serious case of the Friday's right now. I've had my door open at work all day because it's in the 70s and beautiful and I just wanna go home and start my weekend! Why is it not 5 yet?

What's everyone up to this weekend? I have another kid's birthday party tomorrow morning. I feel like I'm stuck going to one of these at least once a month if not more with two kids in school now. 

• Options
    @alinafed I’m so sorry for your friend. 
    @dirtanddiamonds that is so heartbreaking. I can’t even imagine what they’re going through. 
    @calimom2524 glad you had a good appointment!

im trying to catch up, but back at work the past 2 days playing catch up, on top of month end (my busiest time) and tending to sickness still!

DS went back to school today. Drop off was rough because he wanted to stay with me, but his teacher said he peeked right up. He is so tired, but I think hats wxpected after the week he has and a full day back on a schedule! 

DH went to the dr today and officially was diagnosed with Influenza a, which wasn't shocking, and strep. Ughhhhhhh. He’s been quarantined to the guest room since Tuesday and I’ve disinfected every surface every day this week, so I’m just hoping we avoid it! So far DS and I have no symptoms, and he got antibiotics so should not be contagious soon. 

Is this week over yet?!?!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    @lolog531
    Sympathy Love it. So sorry about the strep! I also quarantine sick family members. They whine a little about it, but they're allowed to have a tv, phone, and computer in their rooms with them (which they are NOT regularly) so it really isn't a punishment. When they were young teens they wanted to spend all their time in their rooms unless they were sick. Then they were all about walking up and breathing on me  :s 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @alinafed and @dirtanddiamonds I am so sad to read of your friend/acquaintances losses. Sending you and them love. No one should have to deal with that. 

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I’m so sorry to hear about these infant losses. I just can’t imagine anything worse
  • Options
    @dirtanddiamonds how absolutely devastating. I’m so so sorry to hear this. All my well wishes xoxo 

@calimom2524 I’m so glad you and baby are doing wel!! :kissing_heart: 

Getting my my hair cut tomorrow. I’m pretty sure I haven’t had it cut in a year. Something about not having much free time to myself now that I have a kid...anyway I cannot wait! I’m chopping at least four inches, maybe more but still need it to be below my shoulders! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This weekend I’m doing nothing. Well. Hoping to see Tom Brady cry Sunday night. Lol. But then we have a winter storm coming Sunday and Tuesday. Yayyyy. WHERE IS SPRING.