August 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 1/29

14567810»

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/29

• Options
    This past Wednesday was a busy day, second ultrasound, blood draws for the NIPT, and the glucose tolerance test. 

I lost 3 more pounds and my blood pressure was perfect, which is a nice switch from normal me. 

The ultrasound was amazing, first time we've gotten to see a baby move. After the sugar drink it was bouncing all around in there. I was left mostly speechless and in awe to see him flopping around like a little fish in a fish bowl, inside me. So neat! Our last pregnancy ended at a little over 6 weeks, so this is all a little overwhelming.

Then I failed my glucose test. I'm not really sure what they were expecting to happen, feeding that much sugar to a PCOS girl already diagnosed with insulin resistance, borderline diabetes, and already taking 2000mg of Metformin a day. So, this next Wednesday I get to take the 3 hour test and probably fail that too. I'm not sure what the protocol for GD is, but this is ridiculous. I don't consume that much sugar on a given normal day.  :s

• Options
    @neeraja_k how exciting to see the baby move! But so frustrating about the glucose test. You’d think they would have a better test for that. I have PCOS, too so I get it. Good luck with the 3 hour test. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @neeraja_k ugh I’m sorry about the test. I was originally diagnosed as GD with DS but mine stuck around so now I’m type 2 diabetic. I can answer any questions you have but depending on the severity it could be managed with diet or they may add insulin. 
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I can’t imagine what the infant loss moms are going through, utterly heartbreaking. It really puts things in perspective, don’t sweat the small everyday inconveniences. 

I get so behind on this thread and sometimes want to respond to something but it’s like 2 pages behind by the time I get caught up. 

Also, I’m terrified of the flu and don’t want to let my children leave the house.