August 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinion 1/25

13»

Re: Unpopular Opinion 1/25

• Loading the player...
  • Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited January 2018
    @delujm0 it’s all good I have the flu so I may just fly off the handle a little too fast. The quote got me fuming as I actually looked into this and I’m not some idiot. But I guess I need to communicate better.

@lakesideknitter I don’t really care if anyone thinks I’m defensive. AND if FTMs are taking medical advice from an Internet forum they may want to reconsider.

edited because words are hard 
  • I don’t like cheese its. Don’t kill me! 

I can’t think of anything else as we’ve had enough butting heads today. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited January 2018
    @hfooter that almost made me lose my lunch just thinking about it.  That is the worst fake cheese ever.  How can you ruin something as good as cheese?  But they do.  I also think goldfish go in that category. 
    edited: typo
  • I love the extra cheddar goldfish. Not gonna lie. I may or may not have sucked the cheese off and spit them out a la sunflower seeds bc yuummmmy. 

I love fake cheese. Lol 
  • @livinthesunnylife yes those are just as worse! When moms talk about eating their kids goldfish I want to barf! I actually don’t buy them for the kids. I try to only buy stuff I’ll eat.

on that note I also HATE hard pretzels! Why were those created? They are tasteless disgusting little things. I remember hating them when I was given them a snack at school, I chose to starve instead lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited January 2018
    @hfooter I think my girls feel the same way.  The last two days I've packed them hard pretzels with their lunch and both packs have come home unopened.

• lolog531lolog531 member
    edited January 2018
    I’m the oddball that loves pretzels and cheez-its!! 

Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• UO has been really intense today so mine is silly in comparison but, it drives me crazy when people ask for advise and say “and go” omg like nails on a chalk board. 
    “ looking for a good local dog groomer And Goooo” 

like thats going to make anyone add there advice vs not having it there. 
  • @livinthesunnylife, I agree with the coffee.  I make my husband drink it in a different room so I won’t smell it!
  • A friend just told me she likes to put butter and coconut oil in her coffee. That's my second-hand UO.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Keto (butter/CO) coffee is awesome when super hot! Especially when made with an immersion blender... Mmmmm. But once it cools, it loses all appeal and then some. Lol
  • ecwkecwk member
    edited January 2018
    @derbysquirrel that’s called bulletproof coffee, people on keto diets drink it! 

Oops just saw @mrslittlemac mention this!!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Was working yesterday so I’m catching up now. Page 1 (don’t even ask me to remember tags): 
    1) always used to think it was weird calling the baby by it’s name, though being team green is was moot for me. Now that we know I have been using her name - not a ton but in my head, with my kids (and it is a great way for them to connect) and with my mom/sisters like ‘when Ruby’s here...’
    being a lossmom it’s helped me. In the past I always called the baby ‘baby’ like baby is kicking!

2) hoping to avoid dc mainly bc it’s hella $. My oldest was in it PT for 2 years. It was fine. I preferred being gone with him, having family help. I’m working PT now around dh schedule.

3) can’t fathom what we’d do with bad results. No judgment on anyone for their choice. A dx that is incompatible with life? We’d terminate. Less than that I just don’t know.

4) still not into the long randoms, uo, etc. sorry not sorry. If you want and are a contributing regular member which I think I am, if you can’t be on constantly through the day (I can’t at all working really and the app drains my battery so I try not to keep it open) it’s so hard to keep up. I miss topic based threads, though this bmb is soooo much nicer and less rigid than the 2 I left early. 
    whenever everyone’s ready for fb I’ll be there - the bumpis just too hard. But I’m not trying to push - I know ppl are t there yet

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Page 2:

ive been on both sides with early testing. We skipped it for 1-3. I wasn’t high risk, and in my real life I’ve known people on both ends of the range - those who had ‘low risk’ results and had a birth dx and my sister was high risk for... oh I’m blanking on the name. Hole in spinal cord. Further level 2 u/s determines is was not an issue but it gave her a very high level of worry and stress her whole preg, and pushed her into a high risk pool which impacted birth decisions. She opted out of the test for 2-3. 

ANYHOW. I fully understand the nature of a screening test and how the odds work but in my own life it seemed so inaccurate, that I didn’t think I could trust the results either way. Further, I am not willing to do an amnio or cvs because of the risks. Again with the anecdotes, but my aunt had an amnio loss years ago. I felt like, without being willing to find out the results definitively, it didn’t make sense to get a ‘maybe.’ 

This time, I am higher risk due to age and repeat mc, and we are stretched more thinly with our 3 kids, who are here and the first priority. The blood test being an option now has better accuracy than the nt, and frankly, we wanted to know the sex. I’m also getting the nt though, Monday, and hopefully in combination the (fx) low risk results will be more accurate. And i also being pgal am glad to lay eyes on her and see she’s ok still. 

I think it’s very personal and everyone has different circumstances which will inform how they approach testing and decisions if they are necessary. No matter what these baby are all loved and I think ppl should be given grace in possibly facing a heart wrenching choice. No matter what it isn’t easy. And regardless of how it’s wriiten here I doubt anyone makes their choice lightly. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• And now I see we are trying to lighten back up (catching up fail).

let me think of a UO. Not sure how unpopular this is but on my previous Bmbs it would be majorly flame worthy. 

Really, regardless of my post above, the reason I did the nipt testing is to find out the sex. If we didn’t find out the sex with it I doubt I would have bothered. We both had a preference, and NEEDED to be able to just know and deal with it emotionally. I’m thrilled that we are having a girl, as we hoped for, but if it was a boy I needed to have the time to mourn the girl I wouldn’t have and get my head on straight. I was glad to find out early bc it was getting harder to avoid ‘hope’ 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @hfooter I love cheez-its so much it should be a crime. I avoid the aisle altogether so I don't buy any for the house. I envy you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pghctwife that’s kind of why I did the testing too. Insurance covered it and 5 years ago when I was pg with DS, it wasn’t even an option   

Im a super planner and I hate surprises so finding out earlier was the bonus. 
  • laufischlaufisch member
    edited January 2018
    @pghctwife I'm in the same boat as you I feel super behind. 

1) I'm working on putting DS in daycare starting at 18m and getting a lot of crap from my parents about it but he loves being around other kids and I think it's what's best for him. Also other than my mom they do a horrible job watching, not putting him down for nap, forgetting to feed him breakfast, etc. Honestly if it wasn't so expensive we would have had him in earlier.

2) Count me on this list of not liking super dramatic shows, I prefer comedy or syfy

3) My insurance doesn't cover any ultrasounds. Not the dating, NT, anatomy, none of them. As for the rest of this I personally I feel like this is the type of conversation I need to do in person. So much is lost when you're just typing words. 

4) I hate goldfish, pretzels and cheezits. Y'all are crazy. Give me peanutbutter crackers or pita chips. Bagel chips are also awesome.

Edit because autocorrect is stupid 
  • I have to say I think DS is definitely better off at daycare than at home all day with us. He loves to be around the other kids and he learns so much more and does more arts and crafts and has more outside time than he would at home. It has helped him developmentally for sure. Also my mom is a lazy babysitter so even with that option, I’d choose “school” for DS ha. 

The midwife practice I go to doesn’t do early testing normally until the 20 week anatomy scan. Seeing this conversation though has prompted me to (check with insurance and) request it at my first appt Monday. It rubbed me the wrong way in my first pregnancy that the anatomy scan is so far along in the process and this issue is why, but I just went along with it as a ftm because I didn’t want to question my care.

I would support any woman’s decision to do what is best for herself and her family, even if I didn’t agree with it. Here’s to hoping that none of us have to be in a difficult situation like that though. 
  • Not sure if this is a true UO or more of a FFFC but while I like this board, and I am a super scheduled, organized person IRL, I am having a hard time keeping up and always responding to people because since all the titles of posts are repeats and the same every week, I am having a hard time remembering who posted what, where to go back to.  Or conversations get really lost to me because there can be like 20 different topics happening in the randoms post for example every week.

I've been a part of a board that developed from the Knot since back in 2006 and we transferred over to a free private board on Activeboard and everything is just topic focused so maybe that's why I am having a time with the general titles of things!
    Agree with @scottishlass1213.  I was part of the BMBs back in 2013 and it wasn't this "organized".  It's def why I don't comment as much as I want to.  As an OCD person I do appreciate the organization, just have to get used to it I suppose.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker