July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms pt1 1/22-1/23

Re: Weekday Randoms pt1 1/22-1/23

• At my first appointment for sleep study. Fuck it. And if I sleep apnea I’m going to cry- I can’t imagine wearing a cpap 
  • Loading the player...
  • @elizabethrn87 hope it goes well!!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @elizabethrn87 good luck!!

@acunamatada I was thinking the same thing. @lindsayleigh1989 I'm coming to you first if I ever need some info on anyone  :D

And yes, totally agree on the misuse of resources.  That post is beyond tacky.  That's like.....making me question how she makes it though the day.  And really wondering if anyone actually buys anything off her registry for her.  Also, does she expect them to?  Does she realize that we are ALL pregnant and babies cost money?? SO MANY QUESTIONS.  
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @wildtot your bump is so cute!!  I bet it won't be long until people are asking you!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @ashbub714 I'm gonna go check out some responses on some other BMBs now.  lol.
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @stlmegs @ashbub714 she’s from March 2018, I guess she’s been bombarding them their whole pregnancy too  :|
  • @stlmegs I was thinking the same thing! We all have so many expenses right now, this is not the place to come to for help!

@lindsayleigh1989 you are seriously the best at finding info on posters!
  • My assistant resigned today. I'm in total shock. She's been with me for 8 years, and I really rely on her. I mean I understand that she wants to pursue new opportunities and know she will do well. It just sucks for me to lose her. 
  • @beanship aw I'm sorry that is tough

• @wildtot - moving my response here.  Ugh - I dread the day when she starts to climb!!!  I still keep her in a Zippadee Zip at night because I think it helps keep her from trying.  I recently bought a Flying Squirrel and part of me really wants to move to it and the other part is terrified that she's going to climb out in it.  Sigh. She's 22 months now.  This won't make you feel any better, but I read that most kids just aren't physically and mentally able to handle staying in a toddler bed until they're closer to 3. I'm sure that depends on the kid - my niece and nephew have been fine transitioning at 2 or 2.5.
  • @MichelleAG05 If I could, my 2.5 yo would still be in her crib, but she started climbing out right before 2. I haven't been able to get her to nap ever since :(
  • @cseley321 I’m so thankful my son is super short! He’s always been under the 15th percentile for height. He’ll be transitioned long before he can climb out! One of my friends had a daughter that climbed out all the time, so she flipped the crib around so the tall side was facing out and the short side was facing the wall. Maybe that would work?
  • @MichelleAG05 @cseley321 he did well overall to begin with but i think ever since the holidays when we tried sharing his room with his cousin and saw he can go sleep wit mommy instead he’s be off is usual sleep routine and maybe not as tired?. Getting him to nap can be a struggle but he will nap in it for at least a hour. I even tried giving him my pillow for comfort. We’ll see, just need to figure out his bedtime routine again. We also have a new sitter so could just be a lot if changes for him. I honestly don’t mind if he gets out and plays for a bit alone, i just don’t want him crying and depending on us to sleep.
  • Did I miss this thread? Or is it on another board? I remember the thread but I don't see it now!
  • @stlmegs did the post disappear?  I needed some popcorn time...

@elizabethrn87 good luck!
    @lindsayleigh1989 yay to your stalking abilities!
    @beanship I'm sorry about your assistance, I hope you can find a good replacement!

I started working at 730am. Two meetings back to back 8-10. DH of course took his time so no breakfast for me until now. Devoured a delicious smoothie and a hb egg. My boss wanted me to lead a presentation then she changed her mind. WTH. I was so nervous all morning. So I'm with @wildtot and @runsomewhere about work today. 

I had a good weekend but ate out way too much (and attended TWO baby showers!)so I'm excited about a week of home cooked meals.
  • I was just looking for the thread too   :D:D where is it? Lol
  • It’s gone! She was banned too  :D
  • @powellgirl haha it DID work for about 3 months. Then that was no big challenge either. She has been in the high end of the 99th percentile since her first check up... no idea whereshe gets it from, but I think early growth isn't necessarily a sign of things to come, or else I am raising an Amazon or something. She also jumps reguar wooden babygates almost like hurdles when she is pissed off at me trying to keep her contained in a room. It's some wild shit
  • @cseley321 methinks you have a future American Ninja Warrior on your hands :)

Noooo I was too excited about the thread, oh well...
  • @wildtot I have done a lot of reading and they say this age group is prone to poor sleep habits when major change is introduced. Pregnancy, new sitters/daycares, moving, potty training are all triggers for many kiddos. My kid is not mature enough to fathom the concept of pregnancy, so it's not that! I personally think my kid might be having issues because of the potty training... She has been trained for 3 months now, but that's the only major change recently. Who knows!
  • stlmegsstlmegs member
    edited January 2018
    @kissableviv @smashjam it was a woman who posted asking if anyone could help her out with buying diapers and wipes.  She gave her name and said she had a registry on Amazon and that she couldn't get any other resources in their small town.  @lindsayleigh1989 found her on facebook, and I looked up her baby registry on Amazon and she had all kinds of stuff on there.  Seems to be a real person and not a scam but WHAT in the world?! It was pretty crazy that she thought this was a legitimate idea.......

Oh, she is due in March and she posted this thread on every birth month board! 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @kissableviv if you put her stupid tablet in the place of the finishing buzzer, I have no doubt she could finish it... while throwing a screaming fit the whole time.. ahhhh... toddlers 
  • @acunamatada I think i saw on the march board this is the 3rd or 4th time she has done this so im guessing she makes new sn's and spams every once in awhile

• MIL just told me she's going back to Tokyo to visit family in April and won't be back until late June. DH asked if we could ask my mom and best friend if they could do the baby shower before MIL leaves so she can come. I feel like that's way too early.  But I'd love to know what the veteran moms here think!

Also means with MIL gone for months DH and I now have to babysit my FIL because he is basically Shrek when it comes to dealing with other humans and cannot fend for himself.
  • @powellgirl my kid is too tall for the short side of the crib but I’m too short for the tall side lol. Short mommy struggles. I’ll probably probably be that grandma that flips into the crib putting down the child :sweat_smile:
  • @stlmegs kids these days and they challenges. It’s like they are trying to cheat death so stupid! Did you see how a donut shop made tide design donuts?!?!? 
  • @noideawhatshesdoing I was thinking about doing something on or around memorial day weekend. I'm not a veteran but that's a time frame that would work for me. My friend who was due in June had her shower April 30th so it kind of makes sense. I may have 2 since my MIL and DH's friends are in Texas and even though my MIL can easily fly here we might want to have a(low key) party with our Texas friends too.
  • @stlmegs I saw a meme that said something along these lines:
    Sci fi movies: we'll have flying cars in 2017!
    Reality: in 2018, we literally have to stop people from eating Tide pods.
  • Yikes ladies - I hope things settle down soon! And I selfishly hope that we're far behind you on that. DD is also 99% height (which is odd because I'm 5'1" and DH is 5'10" so what @cseley321 said), so I'm really counting on that Zippy!
  • @noideawhatshesdoing my showers for my twins were in August (3 months before edd) because I was worried about them coming early (which they did, about a month after!) so I don’t think it’s too early if that’s what works for you. It also let my OCD planning heart get to work finishing off the registry and getting the nursery (that they didn’t sleep in for six months) complete!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think having a shower anywhere in the third trimester is fine. I had mine 2 months before my due date so that some of my coworkers could make it. I felt pretty good at that time and it gave me 2 months to buy what I still needed