July 2018 Moms
Options

Questions w/o 1/15

Re: Questions w/o 1/15

• Options
    Falling becomes more of an issue further along. I fell a lot last pregnancy. But it was well after 20 weeks. Always call though. At some point it changes and they make you go in and get monitored 
  • Options

@TheQuietThings I have been on baby asprin since pretty early on. I was on it last pregnancy as well. My doctor never really explained the exact reason, just that he likes to put women who have had a previous MC on it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babybakie hope everything is okay!!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @TheQuietThings I just started the baby aspirin last week. My doctor wants me to take if because I was induced with gestational hypertension last time and they’re trying to prevent that again. I’m hoping it helps because I never want to be induced ever again! 
  • Options
    @TheQuietThings my MFM has me start baby asprin a few weeks ago because having twins puts me at higher risk for BP complications. My OB said there are tons of benefits to taking it so I’m happy to just have one every morning with my PNV
  • Options
    @babybakie right? It makes you think twice . I feel the same whole driving, not that I'm usually reckless, but since getting pregnant I'm definitely over cautious and I'm ok with that!
  • Options
    @kissableviv yes! Be cautious! Especially in a car because its those OTHER crazy drivers to watch out for. It was really a wake up call to how my choices and actions don't only affect me anymore. I thought I already knew that, but as I sat in the snow crying, thinking I may have hurt my baby, I really knew!! It also sunk in a little deeper that, wow, there is a little person in me!!! ❤
  • Options
    Has anyone ever had a tooth extraction and implant during pregnancy? Or just in general? I've had 3 root canals on this tooth that is now starting to hurt me yet again, and I think it's time to call it quits on this tooth, but I'm scared of having to do it without drugs. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 I had an implant done when I was 16ish on my front right lateral incisor. There are pregnancy safe drugs that they can use for the extraction and the implant, if your dentist isn’t sure you can check with your OB. I had to get a autologous bone graft done before they could do my implant because I had a congenitally missing tooth so the bone was too thin to drill into on it’s own without breaking my jaw. Six months after that, I had the post placed under twilight anaesthetic in the dental surgeons office and then a few weeks (months?) after that I had the tooth attached. 

I didn’t find any stage overly painful, I don’t know think I even used narcotics for pain to be honest! 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I posted this along with my ultrasound but i wanted to post it here for a question. I had my NT scan today and they adjusted my due date again. If i went by lmp, my due date would be 7/24 and Id be 13w +2. If i went by dating ultrasound, it would be 7/27 and Id be 12w +6. They decided to go off of my 6 week ultrasound and it coincides with today. So new due date is Aug. 3rd and they said baby measured 11w +6. ??? Im so confused and I feel that the new date is wrong. Im going to talk to my ob about it because since im going to have a scheduled csection, I dont want them to be off. Has anyone ever had this happen or have a suggestion?
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    @busymommy23 my LMP and NT dates and the date I O’d all don’t match up either, within a couple of days. They didn’t change my edd though, which I thought was weird. I’d bring it up with your doctor and make sure they measure size again at the anatomy scan for peace of mind, but I think they do. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 not an extraction but I did have a root canal done at 12/13 weeks. There was an infection so I had to have it done ASAP. The endodontist was amazing, just used a local anesthetic without epinephrine and took 1 X-ray on the kiddie setting and put me in triple vests for it. My OB and my MIL who is an OB both said all of the above was fine and the procedure was super easy (had to do it twice). I know it’s not the same as an extraction but just some recent tooth work I had done! Have seen the babies since everything took place and they continue to look great :)
  • Options
    Thanks @comealongponds @devilcat139. I figured the regular anesthetic is fine, I just didn't know if you were usually knocked out for an extraction and I would have to be awake for it. I'm just so frustrated because I've sunk so much money into this tooth and I'm still paying off the last root canal, I can't believe it's hurting me again. I wish it would just go away at least until after this baby  is born and maybe until after I pay off the last root canal haha. Ughhh
  • Options
    @zande2016 the extraction I had, not preggo, they used local anesthetic but it took a lot of it and it had epinephrine-i didn't know you could go without! I did, however, love the Tylenol with codeine the day of i was in a lot of pain when the anesthetic wore off. I would be more worried about that, but it does only last a couple days!

@comealongponds you are amazing if you made it through all that with no pain killers after! That's an ordeal!
  • Options
    Prenatal Vitamin question.  Does anyone take the gummy prenatals?  I bought a bottle bc I am having trouble swallowing pills without gagging and throwing up.  But here's my real question. I couldn't find a gummy prenatal with enough DHA, most only have 25% of the recommended value. And I'm certainly not eating healthy enough to get the rest on my own (nausea, I don't eat fish).  Plus it doesn't have any iron (no gummies do) but I am more likely to be able to get iron from my diet (hello fortified cereal!) so I'm mostly worried about the DHA. Anyone have any solutions?  
  • Options
    @moguippy I take gummies because the regular ones make me so sick!  Sorry I don't have any advice for you, but just wanted to let you know you are not alone.  I am interested in hearing advice from other people as well. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I took Nordic Naturals pregnancy DHA because my prenanatal did not have DHA in it. Those worked great. Just take alongside the gummies and you should be good. This time, I am taking the same prenanatal (Rainbow Lite) but they came out with a separate DHA - they sell both bottles together, so I just take those now. 
  • Options
    @moguippy I have been eating eggs fortified with DHA and drinking milk fortified with DHA. Just an alternative.  I had some prenatals that had DHA, but they smelled fishy and I couldn't stand them. (They may have been but bad...)
  • Options
    @zande2016 Those could work. How big were they? I'm having trouble swallowing any pills bigger than like a tic tac.

@adventuresawait1 I just read about the eggs. I don't really eat too many eggs but I could start. Can you find them in a regular grocery store? and the milk too?
  • Options
    I take rainbow light too and additional DHA, I forget the brand. It's 500mg and even though it smells it doesn't bother me.

I know we're not talking about weight and I also didn't want to obsess over but I want to share that I freaked out the other day because it appeared I had put on 4 pounds in less than a week. All the scales were saying the same thing for two days in a row . Turns out I should not weigh myself in the afternoon, as this morning I was back to what I thought was more correct given I've been eating normally and staying active. I guess the constipation weight is real! 
  • Options
    Hi! Solid lurker that has been active on the TTGP threads weekly but now getting me feet wet on the others now.

so glad i read this the other day about the RLP because those started to happen this week. I would have been so caught off guard had i not read this thread. So, thanks!

Question about PNV. I had been taking an OTC since before conception and my OB switched me to an RX of PNV. I’m almost done with my bottle and about to make the switch. Anyone done that yet? And side symptoms to switching?
  • Options
    @moguippy sorry I missed the part about not being able to swallow pills. They are bigger than a tic tac, so maybe wouldn't work for you. I never noticed a fishy taste with either the rainbow lite or Nordic naturals brand. Maybe there's a gummy dha out there? Or a liquid you could put in a smoothie? You can definitely get liquid iron. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 @stlmegs I did find these while looking, but you would have to take 4 gummies per day to get 75% daily recommended value and its only a 50 count bottle..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0EZ0WJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

I haven't found a liquid yet but I will keep looking
  • Options
    @stlmegs I ordered these and they will arrive on Sunday. They have the most DHA per serving and are tested for contaminants.  I'll let you know how they are 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753MT3GF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3ASX9Z85F2H8Y&psc=1

• Options
    I take rainbow light too and additional DHA, I forget the brand. It's 500mg and even though it smells it doesn't bother me.

I know we're not talking about weight and I also didn't want to obsess over but I want to share that I freaked out the other day because it appeared I had put on 4 pounds in less than a week. All the scales were saying the same thing for two days in a row . Turns out I should not weigh myself in the afternoon, as this morning I was back to what I thought was more correct given I've been eating normally and staying active. I guess the constipation weight is real! 
    It is SO real. Instead of the 5 lbs that my weight normally fluctuates, during pregnancy it's more like 10!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    @kissableviv definitely weigh yourself at the same time everyday! it makes a difference! I've gotten into the habit of  weighing myself every morning, after I use the bathroom, but before I get dressed (yes, butt naked) and it seems to be the most consistent.
  • Options
    moguippy said:
    @kissableviv definitely weigh yourself at the same time everyday! it makes a difference! I've gotten into the habit of  weighing myself every morning, after I use the bathroom, but before I get dressed (yes, butt naked) and it seems to be the most consistent.
    And that's why I own a scale now! I must say my DH has been super supportive and keeps telling me "you're going to get a lot bigger because you're growing a human"! But I think it's good to have a scale now as a reference. Also, thank God for constipation relief, two days of being regular and I feel like a new woman!
  • Options
    I only allow myself to weigh myself once a week while pregnant. also always at the same time. It is just to much of a cluster for me and messes with my head :)
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @moguippy Vitafusion Gummies are awesome. No wierd tastes or smells. That's what I've been using for an Omega 3 (EPA/ DHA) suppliment to at least get an additional 50 mg. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    I’m like @lindsayleigh1989 and weigh myself once a week and at the same time. It’s always Monday (since that’s my week change) after I’ve gone to the bathroom right after waking up. Saves me from the obsession and craziness of fluctuations throughout the week. 

For PNV, consider taking them at night. I gag thinking about the fishy taste and that always seems to happen towards the end of the bottle. I take the PNV right before I get in bed and never taste anything bad or have any reactions. Just an idea. 
  • Options
    @busymommy23 it has always been my understanding that the earlier ultrasounds are more accurate. I did a quick search and the best that I could come up with was that between 9-13 weeks the crown-to-rump length is accurate. After 14 weeks it is more accurate to use the head circumference. The further along you get, the more inaccurate it is. Ie: The doctor usually won't change your due date unless the ultrasound is more than a certain number of days off from the LMP date. When you are in the first trimester, they may change the due date if the ultrasound is 5-7 days off. When you are in the second trimester, it can be as much as 2 weeks off before the doctor will change the due date. I think it would be best to ask at your next appointment, but understand that they may prefer to use the date from an earlier ultrasound over a later one. 

I have 21-23 day cycles. It annoys me to no end that the estimated due date calculated by last menstrual period is based on a 28-day cycle. So I guessed my ovulation date, and counted back two weeks from that (which happened to be one week before my actual LMP, so that makes sense). I told my doctor my LMP was a week earlier than it actually was, and I told her that I wasn't sure. My doctor's office now does an early scan on all pregnancies to confirm them. When I went in for my dating ultrasound, my guess date was 8w3d. The scan measured 8w2d. My NT scan was done at 12w3d based on my LMP "adjustment" and again the scan said 12w2d. My doctor won't change the due date based on it being just one day different. But if I had told her my real LMP, it would have been 6 days off. So I think I did the right thing with my estimations.   
  • Options
    Have any of you ladies had your NT scan but not had the tech or doctor say anything to you about whether the neck measurement was normal or not? I had mine yesterday and was just thinking that no one mentioned anything to me. Is it normal to just get those results back with your blood work? 
  • Options
    @ashbub714 Yep that happened at my appointment. I knew what I was looking for when they were taking the measurements, thanks to the trusty apps and internet, but all the tech and dr said was "things look good!"  Then a few days later I got the measurement sent to my online portal. I'm guessing if there had been an issue the dr would've mentioned something at the time.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @busymommy23 it has always been my understanding that the earlier ultrasounds are more accurate. I did a quick search and the best that I could come up with was that between 9-13 weeks the crown-to-rump length is accurate. After 14 weeks it is more accurate to use the head circumference. The further along you get, the more inaccurate it is. Ie: The doctor usually won't change your due date unless the ultrasound is more than a certain number of days off from the LMP date. When you are in the first trimester, they may change the due date if the ultrasound is 5-7 days off. When you are in the second trimester, it can be as much as 2 weeks off before the doctor will change the due date. I think it would be best to ask at your next appointment, but understand that they may prefer to use the date from an earlier ultrasound over a later one. 

I have 21-23 day cycles. It annoys me to no end that the estimated due date calculated by last menstrual period is based on a 28-day cycle. So I guessed my ovulation date, and counted back two weeks from that (which happened to be one week before my actual LMP, so that makes sense). I told my doctor my LMP was a week earlier than it actually was, and I told her that I wasn't sure. My doctor's office now does an early scan on all pregnancies to confirm them. When I went in for my dating ultrasound, my guess date was 8w3d. The scan measured 8w2d. My NT scan was done at 12w3d based on my LMP "adjustment" and again the scan said 12w2d. My doctor won't change the due date based on it being just one day different. But if I had told her my real LMP, it would have been 6 days off. So I think I did the right thing with my estimations.   
    I did the same thing with my first since I knew when i ovulated and it wouldn't have matched based on a 28 day cycle. My adjusted date matched my ultrasound. They never knew any different! With my second I did actually ovulate on day 14, and with this one I had no idea since I haven't been tracking.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @moguippy Yes, to my regular grocery store. The brands are Horizon organic milk DHA omega-3 and Eggland's Best. 
  • Options
    @moguippy I’m not sure how far along you are, but my OB told me at my last appointment that the DHA specifically only really effects the first 12 weeks, so if you’re past that, I wouldn’t worry too much!

I’ve also noticed insane weight fluctuations! I’ve “gained” close to 5lbs this week which seems unlikely. Constipation is reallll.
  • Options
    @moguippy I did just skim so maybe someone said this, but flax seeds have the omega 3's, although not sure how much...you could look for stuff made with flax, or add to smoothies. Here is an article about how they compare to the pills and what not, it looks like flaxseeds AND the oil are both really solid sources, if I am reading this correctly?

https://www.livestrong.com/article/360082-amount-of-omega-3-in-flax-seeds/
  • Options
    @Thequietthings Yes!  My ob put me on it as well starting this week.  Thanks for reminding me actually...
  • Options
    @rachelsogo thank you! That makes me feel better!